Aldi selling records

Could only get to Aldi's at 1.30 to day and expected not to find any thing there. Still had three copies of the Stones Exile . When paying for it,after putting through my bread and milk the woman on the check out looked at the record and said ,did you get that here? I did not know we sold those.

I have an original copy but just thought it would be nice to have a unplayed one .And yes in-line with Bill's comments, it plays great. Shop was Stafford ,Brisbane . 

Edited by EVcali
  • Like 1

When into ALDI to have a look, weird place. Lazy check out chicks, sit down and you have to pack your self.

Not many records, disappointing I couldn't find an LP by Godspeed You! Black emperor cause I really wanted one of theirs.

Who's Katy Perry?

• Like 1

When into ALDI to have a look, weird place. Lazy check out chicks, sit down and you have to pack your self.

Not many records, disappointing I couldn't find an LP by Godspeed You! Black emperor cause I really wanted one of theirs.

Who's Katy Perry?

Good looker. Crap music

Saw an old chook in Echuca store grabbing everything she could get her hands on , only to realise after I told her, that she was grabbing two of everything as the pictures were different on each side of the album cover ( otherwise I would have missed out on Abbey Road ). Caught up in the moment I guess. Not opened yet !

Went to a record store in the city yesterday and noticed some familiar titles on the shelf .... 40 bucks each!! Cheeky buggers.

What's that got to do with anything? Aldi might well have been stocking the records as loss leaders purely to get people into the store where hopefully they will buy other products that Aldi make a profit on. Every supermarket and large store, K-Mart etc do this. An independent record store in a city paying city rates simply can't afford to compete in that situation. It's a race to the bottom and eventually all you are left with is Aldi and their choice of 20 titles or they turn around and put their prices up to reflect the real price with profit on top.

What's that got to do with anything? Aldi might well have been stocking the records as loss leaders purely to get people into the store where hopefully they will buy other products that Aldi make a profit on. Every supermarket and large store, K-Mart etc do this. An independent record store in a city paying city rates simply can't afford to compete in that situation. It's a race to the bottom and eventually all you are left with is Aldi and their choice of 20 titles or they turn around and put their prices up to reflect the real price with profit on top.

It's just an observation @@Hergest . It's a great little shop and I buy lots of stuff from them. Incidentally Abbey Road was one of them which I just bought from JB for $20 so it pays to shop around.

It's just an observation @@Hergest . It's a great little shop and I buy lots of stuff from them. Incidentally Abbey Road was one of them which I just bought from JB for $20 so it pays to shop around.

But it didn't stop you calling them cheeky buggers and putting 2 exclamation marks after $40 to show your shock because they sell records at a higher cost than an Aldi budget supermarket.

I'm glad to hear it's a great little shop and that you buy lots of stuff from them, hopefully they continue in business with such a tough environment to sell records in.

But it didn't stop you calling them cheeky buggers and putting 2 exclamation marks after $40 to show your shock because they sell records at a higher cost than an Aldi budget supermarket

Was just a lighthearted comment. I should have used the tongue out moji