Hi All,

A couple of arrivals today

1288340495_Arrivals01_10_2020.jpg.c02e9a3bf26852b2717b99a5247e6762.jpg

Rick Wakeman, Phantom Of The Opera                                             Bee Gees, Timeless All - Time Greatest Hits

JJ

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Replies 8.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Todays haul   Bought from a work mate of mine who hadn't played them for 25 years!!   Lots of Bowie and a few Rush albums, and a couple of 12" singles :party

Santa came early But I had better give them to the trouble and strife to wrap before she makes some....

Delivered this morning from ccmusic.com

Anyone know of Bowie's Live Shows in the mid-Late 90s ?

DAVID BOWIE ‘BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES’ - A SERIES OF SIX DAVID BOWIE LIVE ALBUMS FROM THE 1990s

FIRST LIVE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED IS 'OUVREZ LE CHIEN (LIVE DALLAS 95)' CD AND 2xLP TO BE RELEASED ON 30th OCTOBER

X3LPDB054.jpg.a9cfd292f0d4bf1cf1aca45da6aa4f70.jpg

120614289_10157459901582665_6607681628454506714_o.jpg.1b8c0cabbb2f08947fa995bd1bad6fd8.jpg

Fraternity.jpg

I've been looking around for Fraternity recordings for some time without much luck, until now. There have been a couple of re-releases and compilations over the years, but they seem to be hard to get, and I don't know what sort of quality they are. I have been been checking Cherry Red / Esoteric from time to time in the hope that they might add Fraternity to their catalogue of re-releases, and lo and behold they have done just that.

This is a 3 CD set, comprising the two albums that Fraternity released, 'Livestock' and 'Flaming Galah', an unreleased third album titled 'Second Chance' on this compilation, plus a collection of non-album single and EP tracks. Due for release on 22nd January 2021, so still have to wait a while. I have high hopes for this release, given the generally high standard of previous purchases I have made from Cherry Red / Esoteric.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/fraternity-seasons-of-change-the-complete-recordings-1970-1974-3cd/

As everybody knows, this is the band that Bon Scott was in before he joined AC/DC. I remember hearing their single 'If You Got It' quite a lot on the radio around 1971 or 1972, when I was in high school. I always liked it, but for some reason never bought the single, I have no idea why not.

• Like 1

l knew them back in those days when they lived and worked around Port Adelaide ( well! , Bon, Bruce and Unkle John Ayeres ) and I still don't have ny of their records.  shame on me.

• Moderators

Finally, it's arrived on vinyl, and a pleasant surprise. The delays are so variable these days that I forget what I've ordered. This couldn't be anything else other than Yello, no evolution over 49 years, and, if there's one band where that doesn't matter, this would be it. Another great Yello album

616Ql4TRIML._AC_SL1200_.jpg?itok=dOzhQqK

• Like 4

Hi All,

An arrival today,

309750618_Arrivals07_10_2020.jpg.b4ae2dda9c76aa132960f7d6d449995c.jpg

The new Flaming Lips album, American Head          Stravinsky's Soldier's Tale, with Roger Waters playing the part of the Soldier, The Devil and Narrator with the Bridgehampton Music Festival Orchestra

JJ

• Like 2

Arrived today.

Weltschmerz.jpg.c83d50ed14a419dcbc888043185e2982.jpg

On vinyl.

Edited by Batty
  • Like 1

This just arrived today, from Import CDs.

woodstock_10cd_open.jpg.13d95f32464836c0ee16852309929910.jpg

woodstock_10cd_bookclosed_side.jpg.5ea9751e2bb695eb5873f73cb3355abc.jpg

Haven't played it yet though, but will over the weekend while enjoying a beer or 9.

• Like 6

Hi All,

On 07/10/2020 at 8:53 PM, Batty said:

Arrived today. On vinyl.

Weltschmerz.jpg.c83d50ed14a419dcbc888043185e2982.jpg

Awaiting for mine to arrive 😟😢

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

A delivery today, 5 albums ordered on Thursday morning

T-Rex Remixes, Various Artists                    Peter Gabriel, 45 rpm Half Speed Remastered          Jean Michel Jarre, Magnetic Fields

830091454_Arrivals10_10_2020.jpg.5de914362b2e97f9d9f76abf7c1f2c31.jpg

Can, Rite Time                                 Porcupine Tree, On The Sunday Of Life       

JJ          

• Like 3

Groove Armada announce ‘Edge Of The Horizon’, their first new album in 10 years

Just ordered the CD and LP...

564519974_GrooveArmadaannounceEdgeOfTheHorizon.jpg.bbbac5e0a3cf2b7e53176adce896682c.jpg

• Like 1

Hi All,

An arrival today.

Oasis, What's The Story Morning Glory, 25th Anniversary                          Gin Wigmore. Ivory 

53908678_Arrivals13_10_2020.jpg.39c4c5002fa3fbc7e04fcddc1d8d267c.jpg

Elbow, Giants Of All Sizes                                           Nick Cave & THe Bad Seeds, Live From KCRW

JJ

• Like 3

• Moderators

I've been streaming this for several months, the vinyl has finally arrived. It's a cover album of Black Sabbath songs from artists on the Sacred Bones label, and what a cracker it is: 2x 45rpm discs, fabulous sound quality and great performances. It helped me discover Molchat Doma, a great Byelorussian band, and the Moon Duo cover of Planet Caravan is arguably better than the original. It'll be on my SNA Album of the Year list for 2020.

a1159565542_10.jpg

• Like 2

Postie was nice today. Some Brazilian jazz of various styles, some Trad Braz, and a little electro thrown in for good measure.

16028367772641339115935152986731.jpg

• Like 1
20 hours ago, proftournesol said:

I've been streaming this for several months, the vinyl has finally arrived. It's a cover album of Black Sabbath songs from artists on the Sacred Bones label, and what a cracker it is: 2x 45rpm discs, fabulous sound quality and great performances. It helped me discover Molchat Doma, a great Byelorussian band, and the Moon Duo cover of Planet Caravan is arguably better than the original. It'll be on my SNA Album of the Year list for 2020.

a1159565542_10.jpg

Listening now.. it's good

Looks like Gryphon are about to release another album. Due for release 27th November 2020.

I've just pre-ordered my CD copy from Burning Shed. Bit of a longer wait for those who prefer the dark (or blue) side though, vinyl release due 15th January 2021.

https://burningshed.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Get Out Of My Father's Car!&filter_sub_category=true

getoutgryphon.jpg

Not quite sure what to expect, but should be fun.

• Moderators

I've waited a long time for this disc to arrive, Connecticut psych rockers, Mountain Movers EP, New Jam.

5b5b5c0151235_main.jpg

I've included some info about the band as most will not have heard of them. They float my boat

The Mountain Movers are among my current faves, because they know how to freak the **** out. Formed in the mid-2000s, the Connecticut band started as a showcase for the songs of New Haven indie rocker Dan Greene, and since then their cosmic trajectory has been eerily similar to that of many mid-60s rock groups who started out playing fairly straightforward pop but ventured into blistering psychedelia by the end of the decade. The Mountain Movers put out their debut LP, We’ve Walked in Hell and There Is Life After Death, in 2005 and then rotated through a cast of east-coasters until Greene linked up with regular bassist (and avowed heavy head) Rick Omonte. The band adopted a slightly more folk-psych vibe for 2010’s Apple Mountain, and by the 2015 album Death Magic the Mountain Movers had filled out a stable lineup with drummer Ross Menze and guitar shredder Kryssi Battaline (who leads the tripped-out Headroom, with whom Omonte frequently collaborates). They also changed musical direction again, writing new tunes that spiraled into elongated improvisational jams. This new sonic plan crystallized on the 2016 cassingle “Sunday Drive” b/w “No Plans,” where the Mountain Movers spread out into long-form Germanic motorik territory in two excursions that lasted more than eight minutes apiece. For their self-titled 2017 release, this crew of cosmonauts signed to local label Trouble in Mind and headed further into the heart of the sun—bookending the LP with two expansive tracks that run past the ten-minute mark. On last year’s Pink Skies the Mountain Movers make completely fresh-sounding jam rock that also recalls the best aspects of discordant 90s noise-rock bands from the east coast (Dustdevils, Vermonster, Luxurious Bags) and New Zealand (Trash, Scorched Earth Policy). At the same time, they maintain a dynamic, psyched-out 60s west-coast flavor—and an Eastern vibe not unlike Anatolian rock stars Bunalim or Erkin Koray. Though written-out tunes remain at the core of the Mountain Movers’ music, onstage they head into uncharted realms that are best felt in the moment—if you head out to this gig, in other words, smoke ’em if you got ’em.   v

• Like 3

Hi All

An arrival from yesterday, most are to replace / update original albums and a couple of fillers to collection.

Procol Harum, Self Titled                                    Hawkwind Live Seventy Nine                                 Sade, So Far Box Set of all Studio Albums

1149372828_Arrivals27_10_2020.jpg.cf7d376cc3c81ce7646c87a92dccc71c.jpg

Rolling Stones, Through The Past, Darkly                    The Flaming Lips, The Mushroom Tapes                   The Doors Absolutely Live

JJ

• Like 2

Hi All,

A late arrival yesterday,

EOB (Ed O'Brien, Radiohead) his first studio album using the pseudonym of EOB, Earth and  New Order - Blue Monday - 2020 Remaster 45rpm 12" single

1361332892_Arrivals28_10_2020.jpg.47ea0b85aef9b14553f95b29e6d3308f.jpg

JJ

• Like 3

'With Teeth' by Nine Inch Nails.. Spinning a CD, very rare occasion but I haven't been able to shake the idea that I want to listen to this album for a week or so now and the opportunity presented itself. Probably haven't listened to it since a week or two after relase TBH. Hopefully the hotel guests are NIN fans as it's quite loud and aggressive lol

IMG_20201029_170802.thumb.jpg.ccaa03bce6bce2962bd941998490af8b.jpg

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Janjuc said:

Hi All,

A late arrival yesterday,

EOB (Ed O'Brien, Radiohead) his first studio album using the pseudonym of EOB, Earth and  New Order - Blue Monday - 2020 Remaster 45rpm 12" single

1361332892_Arrivals28_10_2020.jpg.47ea0b85aef9b14553f95b29e6d3308f.jpg

JJ

What's the EOB like JJ?

Hi All,

13 hours ago, Dilettanteque said:

What's the EOB like JJ?

To me at times like early Radiohead, circa mid 90s, at a few other times mid 00s, but only for a small part of the album. It is very good.

JJ

• Like 1

Hi All,

Arrived today after purchasing several months ago, Fish Weltschmerz

117969540_FishWeltschmerz.jpg.073190edef10db73da427c1de2c6116e.jpg

JJ

• Like 1

Hi,

42 minutes ago, proftournesol said:

Arrived by slow boat today. that's my 35th album by Hawkwind or by the extended Hawkwind family

4506.jpg

Well ahead of me as I have only 23 😢😢

JJ

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Janjuc said:

Hi,

Well ahead of me as I have only 23 😢😢

JJ

I'm a tragic, I've been buying them since "In Search Of Space"

• Like 1

Hi All,

Arrivals today, all to replace CDs, except Split Enz, to have one to have without using the hologram copy.

The Presets, Blow Up                                                                 Midnight Oil, Red Sails In The Sunset

1485495877_NewArrivals05_11_2020.jpg.29367d5e51a4df218450efcf887875d8.jpg

Split Enz, True Colours                                                        Dire Straits, Making Movies

JJ

Edited by Janjuc
  • Like 4