Currently Purchasing

Anyone know of Bowie's Live Shows in the mid-Late 90s ?

DAVID BOWIE ‘BRILLIANT LIVE ADVENTURES’ - A SERIES OF SIX DAVID BOWIE LIVE ALBUMS FROM THE 1990s

FIRST LIVE ALBUM TO BE RELEASED IS 'OUVREZ LE CHIEN (LIVE DALLAS 95)' CD AND 2xLP TO BE RELEASED ON 30th OCTOBER

X3LPDB054.jpg.a9cfd292f0d4bf1cf1aca45da6aa4f70.jpg

120614289_10157459901582665_6607681628454506714_o.jpg.1b8c0cabbb2f08947fa995bd1bad6fd8.jpg

Fraternity.jpg

I've been looking around for Fraternity recordings for some time without much luck, until now. There have been a couple of re-releases and compilations over the years, but they seem to be hard to get, and I don't know what sort of quality they are. I have been been checking Cherry Red / Esoteric from time to time in the hope that they might add Fraternity to their catalogue of re-releases, and lo and behold they have done just that.

This is a 3 CD set, comprising the two albums that Fraternity released, 'Livestock' and 'Flaming Galah', an unreleased third album titled 'Second Chance' on this compilation, plus a collection of non-album single and EP tracks. Due for release on 22nd January 2021, so still have to wait a while. I have high hopes for this release, given the generally high standard of previous purchases I have made from Cherry Red / Esoteric.

https://www.cherryred.co.uk/product/fraternity-seasons-of-change-the-complete-recordings-1970-1974-3cd/

As everybody knows, this is the band that Bon Scott was in before he joined AC/DC. I remember hearing their single 'If You Got It' quite a lot on the radio around 1971 or 1972, when I was in high school. I always liked it, but for some reason never bought the single, I have no idea why not.

• Like 2

Finally, it's arrived on vinyl, and a pleasant surprise. The delays are so variable these days that I forget what I've ordered. This couldn't be anything else other than Yello, no evolution over 49 years, and, if there's one band where that doesn't matter, this would be it. Another great Yello album

616Ql4TRIML._AC_SL1200_.jpg?itok=dOzhQqK

• Like 4

Hi All,

An arrival today,

309750618_Arrivals07_10_2020.jpg.b4ae2dda9c76aa132960f7d6d449995c.jpg

The new Flaming Lips album, American Head          Stravinsky's Soldier's Tale, with Roger Waters playing the part of the Soldier, The Devil and Narrator with the Bridgehampton Music Festival Orchestra

JJ

• Like 3

Hi All,

A delivery today, 5 albums ordered on Thursday morning

T-Rex Remixes, Various Artists                    Peter Gabriel, 45 rpm Half Speed Remastered          Jean Michel Jarre, Magnetic Fields

830091454_Arrivals10_10_2020.jpg.5de914362b2e97f9d9f76abf7c1f2c31.jpg

Can, Rite Time                                 Porcupine Tree, On The Sunday Of Life       

JJ          

• Like 4

Hi All,

An arrival today.

Oasis, What's The Story Morning Glory, 25th Anniversary                          Gin Wigmore. Ivory 

53908678_Arrivals13_10_2020.jpg.39c4c5002fa3fbc7e04fcddc1d8d267c.jpg

Elbow, Giants Of All Sizes                                           Nick Cave & THe Bad Seeds, Live From KCRW

JJ

• Like 4

I've been streaming this for several months, the vinyl has finally arrived. It's a cover album of Black Sabbath songs from artists on the Sacred Bones label, and what a cracker it is: 2x 45rpm discs, fabulous sound quality and great performances. It helped me discover Molchat Doma, a great Byelorussian band, and the Moon Duo cover of Planet Caravan is arguably better than the original. It'll be on my SNA Album of the Year list for 2020.

a1159565542_10.jpg

• Like 2

• Volunteer
20 hours ago, proftournesol said:

I've been streaming this for several months, the vinyl has finally arrived. It's a cover album of Black Sabbath songs from artists on the Sacred Bones label, and what a cracker it is: 2x 45rpm discs, fabulous sound quality and great performances. It helped me discover Molchat Doma, a great Byelorussian band, and the Moon Duo cover of Planet Caravan is arguably better than the original. It'll be on my SNA Album of the Year list for 2020.

a1159565542_10.jpg

Listening now.. it's good

Looks like Gryphon are about to release another album. Due for release 27th November 2020.

I've just pre-ordered my CD copy from Burning Shed. Bit of a longer wait for those who prefer the dark (or blue) side though, vinyl release due 15th January 2021.

https://burningshed.com/index.php?route=product/search&filter_name=Get Out Of My Father's Car!&filter_sub_category=true

getoutgryphon.jpg

Not quite sure what to expect, but should be fun.

• Like 1