Currently Purchasing

For those that don't aleady know there is 20% off CDs/DVDs at JBHifi. For the vinyl junkies there is also 20% off vinyl at the Bourke St store. Sale finishes on Monday. Bought the following vinyl:

Takk - Sigur Ros

Songbird - Eva Cassidy

Live at the Fillmore East - Allman Brothers Band

I see that Booker T has a new album out with Neil Young playin lead guitar!!

This is his first solo album in decades. He teamed with southern rockers Drive-By Truckers to produce an album that is raw and edgy, fun and innovative. And just to seal the deal, long-time Booker associate Neil Young dropped by to play blistering lead guitar on nine of the ten tracks. Produced by Rob Schnapf (Elliott Smith, Beck, Rickie Lee Jones, Foo Fighters) and Booker T.

51Uk0bUCb8L._SS500_.jpg

I see that Booker T has a new album out with Neil Young playin lead guitar!!

This is his first solo album in decades. He teamed with southern rockers Drive-By Truckers to produce an album that is raw and edgy, fun and innovative. And just to seal the deal, long-time Booker associate Neil Young dropped by to play blistering lead guitar on nine of the ten tracks. Produced by Rob Schnapf (Elliott Smith, Beck, Rickie Lee Jones, Foo Fighters) and Booker T.

/QUOTE]

good to see a new Booker T album. next thing we'll get a Sly Stone album! Can't wait for that one. today though I bought yet another vinyl LP to replace an album that i had on CD - Marvin Gaye on MFSL. it's a great album but not convinced that MFSL improve on the SQ of this one.

51u%2Bg2fANYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

proftournesol;349138

good to see a new Booker T album. next thing we'll get a Sly Stone album! Can't wait for that one. today though I bought yet another vinyl LP to replace an album that i had on CD - Marvin Gaye on MFSL. it's a great album but not convinced that MFSL improve on the SQ of this one.

51u%2Bg2fANYL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Great album prof, just put it on now and listening. Sounds great, huge soundstage both wide, deep and tall. I have a German release from the early 90's from memory.

Hmm, I am certainly thinking long and hard about this one too. I got the Get Yer Ya Yas Out box set and I like it but the extra tracks on this one are only on CD, not vinyl.

Just won a couple of singles on EBay:

The Rolling Stones: five by Five

The Rolling Stones: Plundered my Soul - figured I have to have this single and haven't seen it here so EBay it was.

Seems to be a bit of a theme in my last couple of purchases, can't put my finger on it though :)

DS

Picked these up today at the local op shop.

Rick Ashley - Whenever You Need Somebody

Philip Bailey - Chinese Wall

Robert Cray - Strong Persuader

Vince Jones & Grace Knight - Jones & Knight

Kylie Minogue - Kylie

Huet Lewis & The News - Force

Milli Vanilli - All Or Nothing

Push - Bros

Spandau Ballet - Parade

Split Enz - Enz Of An Era

The Human League - Crash

All LP's

Picked up a couple 20% off at JB today:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16742[/ATTACH]

The Rolling Stones: Bridges to Babylon

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16743[/ATTACH]

U2 18 - Singles. I have this on CD, but I hardly ever play CDs, and the CD of this is particularly harsh. The record had better not be the same.

DS

Guest JohnA
Agree, some great pickups. You will luv Verve 4 on vinyl - very nice. I assume they are the Phino re-issues of new order - they are awesome.

I have verve 4 on cd and the sq didn't impress me, hopefully the vinyl will be better.

Yes the NO ones are the re-issues :rolleyes: Kept holding off on them for some strange reason

Guest JohnA
Nice pickups there John. I'll be interested in your thoughts on Verve/Remixed4. I was tempted with that one.

i can tell you it is good. As mentioned above, had it on cd but also wanted it on vinyl. I hope the sq is better though

Picked this up yesterday.2 x 180g LP + comes with the CD.$10 new.

Pidgeon Ground Records in Sydney,the guy has about 20 copies.

I dont mind the Dandies and havent heard this one yet,but for 10 bucks ,who cares?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16867[/ATTACH]

Edited by Westie

Picked this up yesterday.2 x 180g LP + comes with the CD.$10 new.

Pidgeon Ground Records in Sydney,the guy has about 20 copies.

I dont mind the Dandies and havent heard this one yet,but for 10 bucks ,who cares?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16867[/ATTACH]

I am glad you only payed $10. I payed a lot more. It is hugly compressed, like it was mastered from MP3. which is a real pity.