My New Friends

Tax,

Your setup looks amazing as does JCR33's setup!! I've never heard horn speakers before but they seem to be very popular. If only either of you were in Melbourne, i would love to come for a listen to see what horns are all about!

Tax,

Welcome to the club! I am sure you will have lots of fun with the horns.

Now, the front end is so important and the amps have to be ultra quiet, the cables and etc need to be looked at again...

Well, if the Duo is so good, maybe the Trio will be at least 33.333...% better with an extra horn...

Normally for a Duo user to upgrade to Trio, the shortest span is 2 weeks, you want to break the record?

I know a pair of Trio is available somewhere...!:)

ThesystemofJCR33c-fu.jpg

Thanks JCR!

Trio is nice, but these things need room to breathe and high ceilings. So while in this house, I think the Duo is optimal

We will talk soon. You need to visit again.

Regards

Tax

Tax,

Your setup looks amazing as does JCR33's setup!! I've never heard horn speakers before but they seem to be very popular. If only either of you were in Melbourne, i would love to come for a listen to see what horns are all about!

Thanks Hifiman,

You may want to PM KeithW. He has some very nice Acapella Horns. Someday he may have a GTG that you can go to.

If you come up to Sydney, I will be happy to arrange something if you give me some notice.

Regards

Good choice Tax, l have only heard JCR's Trios but l am sure the Duo's are very impressive too. Do you still plan on TAD'ing in the future or is this the destination for now?

Cheers,

mondie

Thanks Mondie,

I was heading in the TAD direction but it became a bit too hard and I got impatient. As you know first hand, you have to find the drivers, then buy them, ship them, buy the horn flares, boxes, crossovers, then tweak them, then match amps etc..

I was also lucky that they have gel'd with my room nodes quite well, so the integration is good, but I will get a second opinion when I have someone over.

BTW: These are not a Sunday afternoon easy listening type of speaker. Two clicks on the preamp is the most I can open up for night time listening.

But all in all, still in my honeymoon period and happy as it has mated well with the audio note amps, no hum etc.

How the TAD's coming along?

Hope everything is falling into place for you.

cheers

Thanks Mondie,

I was heading in the TAD direction but it became a bit too hard and I got impatient. As you know first hand, you have to find the drivers, then buy them, ship them, buy the horn flares, boxes, crossovers, then tweak them, then match amps etc..

How the TAD's coming along?

l know what you mean and understand why AG appealed. There was no uncertainty or risk in going with something known that you could demonstrate first. The dynamics from a good horn system can be too much for some and l suspect that's what you mean when you say that they are not relaxing. While l can easily fall asleep in front of the TADs at times the music can really grab you, with TT especially the dynamic changes can be startling if its the first time you have heard a particular song on a Horn system.

As for my TAD's, only today have l got my system running again, l am still dialing it in, the room is way to small for such a large speaker but it will have to do for 12 months or more until our new place is finished. The end result will be satisfactoy but far from ideal, l need a room double the volume of what l have so the speakers can really breathe. In good time l guess :P

Cheers,

Mondie

PS When do we get to see a heap of pics?

• Like 1

Tax these look fantastic especially the way you have them set up. Love the shocked look on the screen too:eek:!!

How about a shot of the bike in between the Duos to really get blokes like me off:o!

Benellista eh? Has a very nice ring to it:D

Thanks JCR!

Trio is nice, but these things need room to breathe and high ceilings. So while in this house, I think the Duo is optimal

We will talk soon. You need to visit again.

Regards

Tax

Hi Tax,

Just to prove that Trio can sound great in a small room with low ceiling, I move them to this room and you see, they are OK!:P

news7%200851.jpg

news7%200891.jpg

Hi JCR,

Hope all is well mate. Did you get to hear the Trio's in that room? l would expect they would sound a little, well, constipated for want of a better description.

Cheers,

mondie

Hi Mondie,

Oh yes, it was a bit tight.

But I was busy with other thing, as you can see in the photo, I was helping the owner to look for some laxative...

news7%200891.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry, I have been away from SNA for a while, had OS visitors then had to dash to Melbourne, now going back to MEL next week.

Bear: Benellista why don't you join the Benellisti?

JCR: Welcome back anytime and bring your friends , I can get the congas and bongos going and we can have a real good jam session. Do your friends play and Latin :P

Mondie: Speakers are dialled in and have settled down... stupid me had wired them incorrectly. there are a number of ways of wiring the AG's, I had wired directly into the tweeters and then fed the other drivers from there.

I now have the amps going direct to the mid horns first and then piggy backed to the tweet and sub. So all good and beginning to enjoy and actually snoozed a bit:o

Hope eveyone is well,

Must read up on how the Bathurst GTG went.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

JCR: Welcome back anytime and bring your friends , I can get the congas and bongos going and we can have a real good jam session. Do your friends play and Latin :D

Cheers

Bringing friends, you must be kidding!

I want my private session with your Duo.:mad:

DSC_6793.jpg