Going to sell my TT collection

Hi everyone,

The time has come to sell some of my TT collection, well the motor units and unplinthed Idlers. What I'm after here is "opinion" do I sell or do I keep for future projects.

This is a rough list of what I have that I'm thinking of parting with. If you had the choice which would you keep. One from each group that is.

Sony TTS 8000 motor unit

Denon DP 80 motor unit

Sony  TTS 2500 motor unit

Hitachi monster unit of unknown make or model (it looks like a Micro)

Commonwealth 12C4 in near mint condition, original knobs and light bulb Ex ABC Merredin 6MD it was the spare

Commonwealth 12D3 Mint condition, it still has the original box and all papers, never mounted.

Sparta 2 speed Idler Ex ABC Merredin 6MD

Sugden not sure of model but it's a biggie

Another Sugden which would suit restoration

Cheers,

Nice collection.

What do you hope to achieve?

Do you want to get 2 complete rigs working with the money you make from selling the others?

You could sell the lot and buy a very decent turntable/arm/cart/phonostage combo.

The Commonwealths are worth a lot of money, probably worth more untouched, might be a good investment to hold onto. You'll probably get more on the world wide market with the AUD so low.

All good advice, I particularly like the idea of keeping the Hitachi and the Sparta. Selling the rest is now on the cards, the Sugden that needs an overhaul is a Connoisseur, the rubbers that hold the motor have perished.

Awty, I already have a few working TT's. These are duplicates or ones I know I'll never get round to using, I'm basically lazy, and Twentyseven TT's is borderline hoarding.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

The time has come to sell some of my TT collection, well the motor units and unplinthed Idlers. What I'm after here is "opinion" do I sell or do I keep for future projects.

This is a rough list of what I have that I'm thinking of parting with. If you had the choice which would you keep. One from each group that is.

Sony TTS 8000 motor unit

Denon DP 80 motor unit

Sony  TTS 2500 motor unit

Hitachi monster unit of unknown make or model (it looks like a Micro)

Commonwealth 12C4 in near mint condition, original knobs and light bulb Ex ABC Merredin 6MD it was the spare

Commonwealth 12D3 Mint condition, it still has the original box and all papers, never mounted.

Sparta 2 speed Idler Ex ABC Merredin 6MD

Sugden not sure of model but it's a biggie

Another Sugden which would suit restoration

Cheers,

If you are interested to sell your commonwealth 12d3 please write to

Kttiong@gmail.com thanks

All good advice, I particularly like the idea of keeping the Hitachi and the Sparta. Selling the rest is now on the cards, the Sugden that needs an overhaul is a Connoisseur, the rubbers that hold the motor have perished.

Awty, I already have a few working TT's. These are duplicates or ones I know I'll never get round to using, I'm basically lazy, and Twentyseven TT's is borderline hoarding.

It's not borderline ;)

It's borderline, my Psychiatrist said I was showing signs of obsessive behaviour. Had to stop seeing him as he was interfering with my need to accrue TT's.

What I have left are the Sparta, TD124 (early s/n), TTS 2150, pioneer MU41, TTS 3000, TTS8000, HW19 mk 4, and a few in boxes which I have no idea of model etc.

Edited by Petit-fou-fou