UHD Blu-ray movie releases

21 hours ago, AMCNAD said:

A lot of the newer titles were sold out in Sydney city, but could not resist newish 4k at $20

purchased Patriots Day, Allied, Shallows and Revenant.

will have a look in Melbourne for the Mummy trilogy 

they did have a few copies of Passengers and Fantastic Beasts though.

picked up Mummy trilogy at Altona store, plus Oblivion ($70 for the four)

Not very often 

this is second ever from memory

last time (18 months ago or so from memory) they said Bluray sales were slow and they had been given special incentive by the suppliers

i grabbed the 1st one... wasnt game enough to get the 2 after :D

had my same doubts with the fast furious series...

i think i liked 1,2,3 after that ? cant remember ...forgettable...or forced out my mind :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/19/2017 at 7:02 PM, :) al said:

i grabbed the 1st one... wasnt game enough to get the 2 after :D

had my same doubts with the fast furious series...

i think i liked 1,2,3 after that ? cant remember ...forgettable...or forced out my mind :D

That's because every movie got sillier and sillier. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next one they are fighting intergalactic baddies. 

• Like 1

got ex machina in the mail today on uhd,

34484522483_cda604daf4_z.jpg

I enjoyed the movie on blu-ray and blu-ray.com in their view of the uhd say a genuine uptick in PQ from a 4/5 for the 1080 blu-ray to 5/5 for the uhd in picture quality. so lets see.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Ex-Machina-4K-Blu-ray/176583/

look forward to the dts-x sound track too since added well to the movie overall :)

• Like 1

Just now, Sime said:

@:) al where did you get it from, I need it 

amazon us

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XXCZLRD/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

though seems to have gone up in price, when I ordered mine it was $16 usd

keep in mind the blu-ray included is region locked region A. though the uhd is region free :) 

In the mail today, and one very much looking forward to watching. I liked the first and the 2nd is getting some good reports, so be interesting to see what fuss all about :)

35415864815_ed13a4c94b_z.jpg

review below from blu-ray.com 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/John-Wick-Chapter-2-4K-Blu-ray/170797/#Review

1 hour ago, :) al said:

In the mail today, and one very much looking forward to watching. I liked the first and the 2nd is getting some good reports, so be interesting to see what fuss all about :)

35415864815_ed13a4c94b_z.jpg

review below from blu-ray.com 

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/John-Wick-Chapter-2-4K-Blu-ray/170797/#Review

I watched this on the plane last week. Not bad, but lacked the "this is a bit different" feel of #1. Body count must have been 200?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hmm

Leon the professional gets a good wrap in its new coming on 4K UHD

"Sony remastered Léon: The Professional in 4K from the original film elements in 2015 and re-issued it on Blu-ray then as a Cinema Series edition, complete with a new Dolby Atmos soundtrack (one of the early such mixes available on the format). Now, as was the case with Besson’s The Fifth Element, Sony has finally released the film in full native 4K (2160p) on Ultra HD. Believe me, the result was well worth the wait. Léon was shot on 35mm photochemical film using anamorphic lenses, with very little in the way of non-practical effects. Sony’s taken their 4K master, given it a restrained HDR color grade, and the result is breathtaking. Crisp fine detail abounds in skin, textured film grain, hair, dirty brick and stone, plaster walls, a curtain of beads, wrought iron, and the fabric of clothing. When Léon emerges from the shadows to deliver his message to the “Fatman,” the blacks surround him like a cloak, yet they never seem crushed at any point in the film. Just look at the way the light glints off the frames of Léon’s glasses and his blade, then reflects back up onto the Fatman’s neck. When Léon returns to his apartment, watch as the light picks up the thick paint texturing on his door as he closes it. That simple play of light over different surfaces, revealing different reflectivity, is really where HDR shines. The film’s colors are accurate and just slightly subdued, as they’ve always been, but the HDR opens them up and gives them a more natural appearance. This is a beautiful, reference-quality transfer, one that allows a great film to look like a film." 

"If you haven’t seen Léon: The Professional yet, you don’t know what you’re missing. Sony’s new 4K Ultra HD release is reference-quality, certainly the best version of this film you can experience at home, and it carries over all of the previous Blu-ray extras too. Buying this film yet again might be a tough sell for those fans who’ve already collected the many previous disc releases, but this is probably the last version you’ll ever need to own. Both the film, and the 4K disc itself, are well worth it."

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/item/leon-professional-uhd-brd

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
1 minute ago, muriwai said:

Does anyone know if the Nolan 4k pack going to be released locally ie JB?

been there a week muri, was released before christmas. it makes no sense to buy the 4k pack unless wanting to pay for the cardboard sleeve. the individual discs are cheaper :) 

5 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Ahh,sweet,that's crazy that the individual discs are cheaper ?!will head down tomor to suss out
Thanks Al

the box set was even more expensive on release but they dropped it down a bit but still more expensive. there were only a couple of box sets there. I know some like a tidy box to keep together so may be a reason to buy. but otherwise the individual discs are cheaper and especially if maybe dont need all. its a fantastic set though. dunkirk is amazing ! as a note ... no 3D audio on these so will be upmixing

44 minutes ago, muriwai said:

Yes I have heard Nolan is not a fan on 3D audio
Stupid really but then he is the director !!

its very good unmixed. the bass on dunkirk is stupendous  ! and will love it on your system :)