cafe67

The new (and hopefully good) movies coming thread

Saw WTF today, really enjoyed, bizarre comedy in places. And whoa **** in other places

Tina fey and others do a good job, movie has some really good moments and the use of some songs in scenes in very cool .

Not a great movie but a neat war comedy, 3 kings, catch 22 even a apocalypse now vibe.

Doesnnt seem to have done well , but i enjoyed it.

Saw the trailer for this today,

Loooks good

Saw the trailer for this today,

Loooks good

I'm keen on "Nice Guys" and "WTF". Shane Black has a very interesting black humour, shown in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", and he also gave "Iron Man 3" an interesting twist. I found that terrorist character both scary and hilarious. Not forgetting that he also pretty much created the concept of buddy movies with Lethal Weapon (though I could be wrong there).

Tina Fey is a cracker, I loved all the 30 Rock shows. She usually does a pretty good job too as a comedian.

Oooh looks like mel has been let back into hollywood by the whoes

Edited by cafe67

I like BA more and more with each movie

Saw xmen apocalypse last night and enjoyed it , finding it lighter in tone than future past.

Its been bagged abit , but im not sure why. The bad guy is a bit overblown but that could be his cast in the comics. The 3 hench seem merely there as sidelings.

However the interplay between mcalvoy and fassbenders is alive and well and both do bring believe able performances.

Jennifer lawrence is also goodas is sophie turner fresh from GoT.

There is another how the hell did they make that scene with quick silver, which is brilliant.

Glad i saw it.

Edited by cafe67

Saw xmen apocalypse last night and enjoyed it , finding it lighter in tone than future past.

Its been bagged abit , but im not sure why. The bad guy is a bit overblown but that could be his cast in the comics. The 3 hench seem merely there as sidelings.

However the interplay between mcalvoy and fassbenders is alive and well and both do bring believe able performances.

Jennifer lawrence is also goodas is sophie turner fresh from GoT.

There is another how the hell did they make that scene with quick silver, which is brilliant.

Glad i saw it.

Will have to wait for BluRay on that one sadly... Nonetheless, happy to see it when it comes out. Talk about "Days of Future Past", the scene in the Pentagon with Quicksilver in the kitchen is worth the whole movie to me!

Will have to wait for BluRay on that one sadly... Nonetheless, happy to see it when it comes out. Talk about "Days of Future Past", the scene in the Pentagon with Quicksilver in the kitchen is worth the whole movie to me!

You would be glad to know the Quicksilver gig in the new movie tops that.

However I am not sold on Sophie Turner, seems like a miscast to me. 

I'm keen on "Nice Guys" and "WTF". Shane Black has a very interesting black humour, shown in "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang", and he also gave "Iron Man 3" an interesting twist. I found that terrorist character both scary and hilarious. Not forgetting that he also pretty much created the concept of buddy movies with Lethal Weapon (though I could be wrong there).

Tina Fey is a cracker, I loved all the 30 Rock shows. She usually does a pretty good job too as a comedian.

Whoa, saw the nice guys tonight - that was a strange little movie,bizarre very black humour and fairly violent. Think along the lines of In Bruges, the guard, maybe reservoir dogs but less wordy. Not bad i enjoyed, but not the comedy the trailers make it to be.

@@cafe67, I enjoyed The Guard more than the other films you mention, Mark Strong as a philosophing murderer and Gleeson as copper were fantastic. Funny, I found In Bruge a bit meh, except the bits "'cause you're a bunch of f****ng elephants!" and "I'm american, but don't take it on me". Oh, alright, there were some other good bits, but it was more a sequence of bits than the movie itself. Reservoir Dogs, 'nuff said!

I guess black humour goes only so far. Try "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" if you haven't, a sort of comeback way back then for Robert Downey Jr. and a farewell of sorts for Val Kilmer (I think that's the last I saw of him... Oh, wait... Tony Scott... Deja Vu?)

I liked the guard i thought that was really good, enjoyed it.

In bruges i liked not as much , again gleeson was very good and fiennes unusable roll for him.

Nice guys was a okay/good movie but i think it tries a little hard at times, having said that there are some very funny moments.