The new (and hopefully good) movies coming thread

Ahh, I didn't recognize that as being them in the trailer, but still, I want alive Engineers ;)

when that engineer woke up in Prometheus, gave me goose bumps, me needs more of those characters.  

And theres res no need to worry about spoilers, there's nothing in the trailer alone that gives anything away. 

Edited by Sime

3 minutes ago, Sime said:

Ahh, I didn't recognize that as being them in the trailer, but still, I want alive Engineers ;)

when that engineer woke up in Prometheus, gave me goose bumps, me needs more of those characters.  

And theres res no need to worry about spoilers, there's nothing in the trailer alone that gives anything away. 

Scott has already planned several more films that will ultimately lead to the beginning of the 1979 Alien. The next one after Covenant is in fact a prequel to it :unsure:. No doubt you will get to see more alive Engineers.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, cafe67 said:

The books seem very popular ? :popcorn:

In the books Roland Deschain is a white Clint Eastwood lookalike with piercing blue eyes.

Dumb move casting Idris Elba !

Changing the main characters race alters the whole back story. 

What stupidity next for hollywood......maybe Mark Wahlberg starring in a remake of Shaft ?

Edited by MarkT

23 hours ago, cafe67 said:

The books seem very popular ? :popcorn:

I thought it was supposed to be a TV series?

Stephen King wrote the Dark Tower Series, book I - VII, with the first three finished by the early 90's (say... '94?), and the rest sometimes around 10 years later. People were very impatient to get to the end of the saga. There's the odd Roland The Gunslinger story here and there in his short story collections as well. Prequels and such.

I never read anything after book I, not because it was bad or anything... just never did. I do remember one thing they mentioned though.... it was not time what mattered, but size.

15 hours ago, MarkT said:

In the books Roland Deschain is a white Clint Eastwood lookalike with piercing blue eyes.

Dumb move casting Idris Elba !

Changing the main characters race alters the whole back story. 

What stupidity next for hollywood......maybe Mark Wahlberg starring in a remake of Shaft ?

3 dumb unfunny beaches in a remake of ghostbusters ??? 

5 minutes ago, blybo said:

So looking forward to this.

Me too, blade runner is my fav movie (if it's possible to a single fav movie) but it definately in my top 5 , but then I don't know what else I would put in there.  But hopefully they don't fluff the new one 

2 minutes ago, cafe67 said:

Me too, blade runner is my fav movie (if it's possible to a single fav movie) but it definately in my top 5 , but then I don't know what else I would put in there.  But hopefully they don't fluff the new one 

Well you can't tell too much from a trailer but this appears to be heavy on complexity of story/plot and a visual treat, only 5 months to go. I too hope it's not a let down, but I put my faith in Ridley Scott to not duck it up.

7 minutes ago, blybo said:

Well you can't tell too much from a trailer but this appears to be heavy on complexity of story/plot and a visual treat, only 5 months to go. I too hope it's not a let down, but I put my faith in Ridley Scott to not duck it up.

One word ............Prometheus :emot-bang:

• 2 weeks later...