The new (and hopefully good) movies coming thread

On 26/03/2019 at 10:52 PM, Monk said:

Another John Wick 3 trailer.  Yeah, it's not going to be as good as the first.  But it's still going to be some good entertainment.

So saw this on the weekend.  

Pretty friggin' brutal at times.  Awesome action flick.

So long as you don't go looking for something deeper than just some good entertainment, it's a good flick...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kukynas said:

Not sure on that one, but I think dave Bautista is a good actor ( marauders) but I guess he'll just get stuck in these sort of roles 

9 hours ago, cafe67 said:

Not sure on that one, but I think dave Bautista is a good actor ( marauders) but I guess he'll just get stuck in these sort of roles 

yeah, let's see, might be good but also complete shyte ?

• 3 weeks later...

I spotted this trailer the other day.......I like Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) and I love dogs and car racing but I am conflicted. Based on a tearjerker best seller, this looks really good but have they upped the schmaltz just a bit too much? Will I watch it and just ball my eyes out? Will it be worth the tears??

I have just ordered the book.....which I shall attempt to read first. A book has to be bloody good to keep me reading, so we'll see.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Dq4AAOSwatpc3N8y/s-l500.jpg

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

On 26/05/2019 at 8:12 PM, cafe67 said:

1 hour ago, stevoz said:

I spotted this trailer the other day.......I like Milo Ventimiglia (This Is Us) and I love dogs and car racing but I am conflicted. Based on a tearjerker best seller, this looks really good but have they upped the schmaltz just a bit too much? Will I watch it and just ball my eyes out? Will it be worth the tears??

I have just ordered the book.....which I shall attempt to read first. A book has to be bloody good to keep me reading, so we'll see.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Dq4AAOSwatpc3N8y/s-l500.jpg

From the people who brought us Marley & Me. The last movie that had me ball my eyes out. I don't know if I can go there again, especially as my pooch is nearing the end. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The-Nightingale-1.jpg

THE NIGHTINGALE

Jennifer Kent's second feature is a film of darkness, visceral shocks and deep-seated pain. It's a movie that, from the moment its probing images start flickering across the screen, is impossible to forget. And yet, The Nightingale couldn't be more different from Kent's directorial debut, The Babadook.

• Like 1

Sundance_I-Am-Mother_supplied.jpg

I AM MOTHER

Also headed to Sundance is dystopian  Aussie sci-fi thriller I Am Mother, a film that seems familiar, story-wise, but definitely finds its own niche. Set to make a star out of its Danish lead Clara Rugaard, Grant Sputore's movie introduces viewers to a girl who has been raised in a high-tech underground bunker by a supremely intelligent robot she calls Mother (voiced by Rose Byrne).

Edited by cultfilman
  • Like 2