The new (and hopefully good) movies coming thread

17 hours ago, LHC said:

Taron Egerton stars as Sir Elton John in the epic musical fantasy. Check out him singing the title song.

Taron Eggerton performs a cracking "I'm Still Standing" on the movie "Sing" as Johnny The Gorilla. And he plays alongside Elton John in Kingsman - The Golden Circle. Coincidences anyone?

Cheers,

Alberto

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Another Oscar bait movie but the on-screen chemistry looks good. The music is probably good too. 

EDIT: oops Cafe67 already posted this trailer earlier ?

Edited by LHC

• 2 weeks later...

Annapurna Pictures has done really well with picking up a lot of Golden Globe nominations. In particular this movie Vice leads the pack with 6 nods. Christian Bale is almost unrecognisable here; the things he does in the name of art. ?

• Like 1

I've came across this channel that puts out 4K HDR versions of trailers through Youtube HDR. The trailers appear to be a bit clearer and more detailed than those from the studio (Marvel/Disney in this case) or Dolby Cinema on standard youtube. 

• Like 3

On 14 December 2018 at 9:43 AM, Ian McP said:

Mortal Engines, has had some mixed reviews but I loved it! CGI is very good, production design is excellent!

Hugo Weaving always plays "good" villain, some fun in jokes!

I saw it tonight and enjoyed a lot. 

Yes there are are some hokey parts  and it wears it's influences pretty heavy on it's sleeve , but overall I though the movie was great , scenery, sets , action etc all good fun.  As a big screen spectacular, aces it. 

Lots ts of influences , stars wars, mad max valerian and the city of a 1000 planets, even terminator and blade runner throw in a good splash of steam punk and Victorian grandeur. 

Acting is is mostly good, tho it does seem to be Hugo and the lead girls movie. Some familiar faces and a surprise one. 

i I don't think the movie was anywhere as bad as critics are making it out to be. . 

Tho perhaps faint praise imho a much better movie than the last Jedi. 

Edited by cafe67

• 3 weeks later...