Best integrated amp

tricka

My contribution would be my garage system being a Technics SU-V8X. Apart from being a powerhouse, it sounds fantastic and has a phono stage that makes you just stop and listen while laying under the car...

Unusual place for the sweet spot.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31332[/ATTACH]

I really appreciate my Yamaha AS-2000. I have owned a few amps in my time but this is the best so far. Nice soundstage, very clean & dynamic, good bass control & timing. Build quality is excellent. I have black wood sides on mine instead of beach, looks better. And it has a very decent discrete phono stage & headphone amp.

Yeah that's a nice one..I really like my Yamaha CA-1010 also. Goes alright for 1977 vintage.. Your description would apply to the 1010 perfectly! :)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]35779[/ATTACH]

Guest Bodhisattva
The best integrated amplifier I have ever heard is Accuphase E-560

That is a peach, but if you get a change, have a listen to a Boulder 865 :)

Accuphase e303x triple-MOSFET is great. Even better is the Luxman L58A, which sounds superior to the more famous L100.

but miles ahead of both is the Sony TA-F7 VFET with its 12 matched VFETS it is easily the best I've heard!! There are probably better preamp sections in integrated amps but the power section is unsurpassed. I'll never, ever, let it go.

Omo

• Like 1

• 7 years later...

Given many members, myself included, tend to buy good second hand gear I thought this topic was worth a bump. While it is a old thread it has lots of interesting reading about what people thought were the best integrated amps from several years ago.

Anyway I’ll kick it off again and let’s see where it goes, from my limited experience I’d rated the following.

Best budget Integrated I have heard,

ME240

Best mid range Integrated I have heard.

PrimaLuna Dialogue Premium HP

Best top end Integrated I have heard. 

Technical Brain TB-Zero

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

• 1 year later...
On 12/02/2010 at 9:25 AM, Dazz said:

The one i still have out in the back of the house is the Denon PMA-1080R. I got that back in 1994 and its still going! Has motorised volume control! Great solid sound. 105W/Ch into 8 Ohms. Massive heatsink and capacitors with Toroidal transformer. Never had one problem with it and it is still being used.

Dazz

hello, do you still use until today ?