Melbourne audio & av show 2015

Numbers for melbourne were fine. Don't know when you were roaming but no complaints from the exhibitors.

As you have exhibited there would you have any info on whether there will be another one in Melbourne next year and what format it would be? Similar to previous ?

as to the format if Melbourne goes ahead next year, I would think the same format as previous years but maybe with a focus on new technology as a way of engaging new punters.

• 1 month later...

In this country "Consumer Nervosa" exists because the hobby is regarded as elitist and snobby.

I'm in my mid 50's and most if not all of my friend's think " Oh, I couldn't afford it and b) what a waste of money". The destruction of sound quality downloads , think ITunes, has contributed to the perception " why would you bother anyway ". Dealer's with signs By appointment only, don't help.

There needs to be a major shake up in the marketing of our hobby. One which is active and inclusive of all interested parties. I have seen some efforts on social media , but it's pretty paltry.

Why not have a completion where a random person is selected to win a well thought rig, based around computer audio, on a "like and share " basis. It's called base level Networking, it's cheap and effective.

Sent from my SM-T113 using Tapatalk

• Like 2