Jump to content

Darren69's stuff, to date.


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Kaynin said:

Sorry, hoping not to side track from your cable discussion, but I've lost track of your current set-up.  Can you throw up a photo or two of everything you're running?

Hullo mate, hope all is well for you and yours big fella, as follows-

 

have moved the subs to fire each side of the LP using the REL Longbow wireless system, this works really well. You might be able to see the units and the DSPeaker device on the bookshelf.

 

IMG_2121.thumb.jpg.89067cdf3ec841aeef7a181d90fba5fd.jpg

 

IMG_2122.thumb.jpg.ec912891b226ba5a5784950e2df2bf6b.jpg

 

ROON Nucleus powered by the very nice Keces P8 running standard USB cable to the Ayon Stratos. This is the next area of experimentation.

IMG_2186.jpg.307061d0d8bc416f2df05cfe62fe7e7c.jpg

 

984799160_IMG_21921123.thumb.jpg.81ee960c9b38ed026be4b43d35c52bd4.jpg

 

IMG_2187.jpg.72617261f6fc15e76f8af72da3b0c3d2.jpg

 

IMG_2190.jpg.7b27e0170449c556a2500daeb5d36e03.jpg

 

The mighty JBL 4367's-

IMG_2191.jpg.58fb7c93a44733e1324d2dc03301f6bd.jpg

 

The JC1's never moved and never will, PS Audio P3 regenerating for the front end components only.

 

Little JBL soundbar does telly duties nicely.

 

@scuzzii the headphones fit right in :) 

 

 

IMG_2189.jpg

 

Edit- no the telly is staying, there is nothing wrong with it :D 

Edited by Darren69
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and Gentleman, the best my system has ever sounded.   Picked up the new Lenehan ML5's yesterday and got them in place. Back is OK but have pulled the muscle on my right thigh going fr

Earle has come good with the bucks, all is good, should have the Ayon Auris II pre amp within the next 4 to 5 weeks, really excited.   I did advise him that even though our professional rela

Posted Images

8 hours ago, kimmcblane said:

Hey Daz, 

 

Will be trundling just up the road to see Goran , and check out the Analysis Plus gear.  So you have both I/C's and SC's by them yes.  

 

Let us know how they fit  sound wise into your place  can ya , im getting dizzier by the day with all the options for my new stuff .:frantics:

Hey brother Lozza, it is so hard to describe how something sounds but for me they really suit my system, the bring a real sense of refinement to the JBL's whilst still allowing that JBL liveliness and feeling of 'being there'...perfect...I cant speak for Goran but maybe he might have some demo versions you could try?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo mate, hope all is well for you and yours big fella, as follows-

 

have moved the subs to fire each side of the LP using the REL Longbow wireless system, this works really well

 

 

Thanks for the update!  I've missed a couple of things there.

 

Very interesting with the subbies firing either side, I like it.  Love the Ayon gear too, I'll have considerations for it when I upgrade the digital side of things.  Those Parasounds were a great pick-up, and brilliant you saved them as well.  

 

Reading with interest re: your cable experiences...

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo mate, hope all is well for you and yours big fella, as follows-

 

have moved the subs to fire each side of the LP using the REL Longbow wireless system, this works really well. You might be able to see the units and the DSPeaker device on the bookshelf.

 

IMG_2121.thumb.jpg.89067cdf3ec841aeef7a181d90fba5fd.jpg

 

IMG_2122.thumb.jpg.ec912891b226ba5a5784950e2df2bf6b.jpg

 

ROON Nucleus powered by the very nice Keces P8 running standard USB cable to the Ayon Stratos. This is the next area of experimentation.

IMG_2186.jpg.307061d0d8bc416f2df05cfe62fe7e7c.jpg

 

984799160_IMG_21921123.thumb.jpg.81ee960c9b38ed026be4b43d35c52bd4.jpg

 

IMG_2187.jpg.72617261f6fc15e76f8af72da3b0c3d2.jpg

 

IMG_2190.jpg.7b27e0170449c556a2500daeb5d36e03.jpg

 

The mighty JBL 4367's-

IMG_2191.jpg.58fb7c93a44733e1324d2dc03301f6bd.jpg

 

The JC1's never moved and never will, PS Audio P3 regenerating for the front end components only.

 

Little JBL soundbar does telly duties nicely.

 

@scuzzii the headphones fit right in :) 

 

 

IMG_2189.jpg

 

Edit- no the telly is staying, there is nothing wrong with it :D 

Awesome Daz.  What a great set up.  Road trip next year mate.

 

Glad the phones are getting some use 👍👍👍

Link to post
Share on other sites


25 minutes ago, scuzzii said:

Awesome Daz.  What a great set up.  Road trip next year mate.

 

Glad the phones are getting some use 👍👍👍

Excellent. GTG @ Che D.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tubularbells said:

Us southerners welcome too? 😆

Yeah, we've been cooped up for too long - need a long road trip and place to trash I mean crash ! 😬

Link to post
Share on other sites


3 hours ago, mikey d said:

Way different from the system that blew me away. Any regrets bro?

 

No mate, none at all. A different sound yes, but one I like. I think I commented some pages back but in a nutshell, it became apparent to me that all I have done is create a supercharged version of the system I grew up with 😁. I would like to hear what a JC2 pre might do within this setup but that’s about it. The chance will come no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo mate, hope all is well for you and yours big fella, as follows-

 

have moved the subs to fire each side of the LP using the REL Longbow wireless system, this works really well. You might be able to see the units and the DSPeaker device on the bookshelf.

 

IMG_2121.thumb.jpg.89067cdf3ec841aeef7a181d90fba5fd.jpg

 

IMG_2122.thumb.jpg.ec912891b226ba5a5784950e2df2bf6b.jpg

 

ROON Nucleus powered by the very nice Keces P8 running standard USB cable to the Ayon Stratos. This is the next area of experimentation.

IMG_2186.jpg.307061d0d8bc416f2df05cfe62fe7e7c.jpg

 

984799160_IMG_21921123.thumb.jpg.81ee960c9b38ed026be4b43d35c52bd4.jpg

 

IMG_2187.jpg.72617261f6fc15e76f8af72da3b0c3d2.jpg

 

IMG_2190.jpg.7b27e0170449c556a2500daeb5d36e03.jpg

 

The mighty JBL 4367's-

IMG_2191.jpg.58fb7c93a44733e1324d2dc03301f6bd.jpg

 

The JC1's never moved and never will, PS Audio P3 regenerating for the front end components only.

 

Little JBL soundbar does telly duties nicely.

 

@scuzzii the headphones fit right in :) 

 

 

IMG_2189.jpg

 

Edit- no the telly is staying, there is nothing wrong with it :D 

Nice system @Darren69, I have a soft spot for JBL's. Those 15" woofers do whack you with bass like no other. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, vintagejapan said:

@Darren69 I like your equipment rack, is it locally made?

It started life as a Gecko rack which then got dismantled and the posts were incorporated into my own design of laminated Bunnings panels, Gecko posts all finished off with Watsons fine buffing oil. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

It started life as a Gecko rack which then got dismantled and the posts were incorporated into my own design of laminated Bunnings panels, Gecko posts all finished off with Watsons fine buffing oil. 

Thats a fine work! I been looking for something similar for the lounge👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, vintagejapan said:

Thats a fine work! I been looking for something similar for the lounge👍

How good are you DIY- wise?

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

How good are you DIY- wise?

Good with some things... guess can follow instructions if easy enough. Woodwork not my forte though

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, vintagejapan said:

Good with some things... guess can follow instructions if easy enough. Woodwork not my forte though

 

 

Hi gents ,  if you go back and check out page 11/12 of this great read @vintagejapan you can see Dazzas older rack and how he made this new one .  Looks great to me and trying to convince my son to help me make a similar one . :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/06/2020 at 10:08 AM, Darren69 said:

Hey brother Lozza, it is so hard to describe how something sounds but for me they really suit my system, the bring a real sense of refinement to the JBL's whilst still allowing that JBL liveliness and feeling of 'being there'...perfect...I cant speak for Goran but maybe he might have some demo versions you could try?  

Thankyou mate ,  will go see him for sure .  Your room has surely changed over the years ,  looks tremendous.

 

Stay safe

 

Loz :thumb:

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, vintagejapan said:

Good with some things... guess can follow instructions if easy enough. Woodwork not my forte though

 

 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/2200-x-610-x-26mm-oiled-karri-laminated-panel_p8330042

 

https://www.leggz.com.au/

 

incorporate cooling etc if you like..

 

https://www.avaustralia.com.au/cooling-for-av/

 

mine is finished with this-

 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/feast-watson-1l-fine-buffing-oil_p1564825   I prefer oils and waxes to poly finishes.

 

I use cuphead bolts (the black dots on top) with threaded rods and joining thread insterts through the legs to clamp it all together, nut are up in the top of the feet, if that makes sense. All then sat on Herbies big fat dots for ease of movement when I need to get in behind it etc. 4x4 stained pine to hold the telly up, give the JBL soundabr some room and allow it all to slide out as one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎06‎/‎2020 at 10:25 PM, mikey d said:

Maybe not on your playlist bro but.........

 

 

I keep waiting for Nazi stormtroopers to come in and drag me away...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, kimmcblane said:

Hi gents ,  if you go back and check out page 11/12 of this great read @vintagejapan you can see Dazzas older rack and how he made this new one .  Looks great to me and trying to convince my son to help me make a similar one . :lol:

Thank you @kimmcblane  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Darren69 said:

https://www.bunnings.com.au/2200-x-610-x-26mm-oiled-karri-laminated-panel_p8330042

 

https://www.leggz.com.au/

 

incorporate cooling etc if you like..

 

https://www.avaustralia.com.au/cooling-for-av/

 

mine is finished with this-

 

https://www.bunnings.com.au/feast-watson-1l-fine-buffing-oil_p1564825   I prefer oils and waxes to poly finishes.

 

I use cuphead bolts (the black dots on top) with threaded rods and joining thread insterts through the legs to clamp it all together, nut are up in the top of the feet, if that makes sense. All then sat on Herbies big fat dots for ease of movement when I need to get in behind it etc. 4x4 stained pine to hold the telly up, give the JBL soundabr some room and allow it all to slide out as one.

Thank you @Darren69

great info.

 

I see you are located in GC. Would love to participate in a GTG next time if there is one 🍻

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, vintagejapan said:

Thank you @Darren69

great info.

 

I see you are located in GC. Would love to participate in a GTG next time if there is one 🍻

Darren and myself are in Grafton, NSW - not far from GC. Darren has nice GTG's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Jventer said:

Darren and myself are in Grafton, NSW - not far from GC. Darren has nice GTG's.

Oh, my mistake. I see.  Grafton it is accessible, maybe a couple of hrs from me

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, vintagejapan said:

Oh, my mistake. I see.  Grafton it is accessible, maybe a couple of hrs from me

It will be worth it :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...