Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Darren69's stuff, to date.

1 hour ago, agentorange2 said:

I'll take a pair if you are doing them cryo'ed.

Are the Yukon Gold Potatoes part of the deal ?

Oh sorry Mark, I forgot they are already cryo'd.

But wait, for a mere $80 more I can upgrade you to carbon fibre Yukon spuds. This introduces a whole-of-room treatment due to the carbon void within the potatoes, cancelling out any unwanted room effects and unbelievably giving you the feeling you are witnessing Queen at Wembley stadium whilst influencing all of the power cords stability in your listening space simultaneously .

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

And what exactly happened to the fish..... ??? :fear:

They left us. :( They are now roadies for the upcoming TOOL tour.

23 minutes ago, rantan said:

@Darren69

Wowsers cobber.

Where do I sign? This is going to be Huge.

Get on at ground floor Lindz, never have to work or worry about bills again, I shall call them Sub Hydroscopic Interference Tenutos  ($HIT).

Contact me through Slater & Gordon Lawyers (we win for you or no fee charged) regarding your once in a lifetime chance mate.

Had a fantastic blast then, ears are ringing , I love it.

I the snobs want to say 'junk but loud' that's OK with me. There's something soul-moving about being underneath a flooded rivers waterfall of music. These big suckers just keep delivering no matter how much juice I feed through the JC1's.

Guest DarkNark
3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Had a fantastic blast then, ears are ringing , I love it.

That is what it's all about :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

They left us. :( They are now roadies for the upcoming TOOL tour.

You need to cut down on the medication old mate.......

So, Fair Trading have replied.

FT went to great lengths to advise me they are impartial. What FT does is to contact the respondent on behalf of the grievant, to see what's going on. I had forwarded our email trail showing previous evidence of complete lack of comms.

In this case, Earle told them he's been sick. FT were OK with this and told me Earle has been sick. He advised FT he will have the amp to me by the end of this week.

FT tell me this and now refer me onto the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal if I have any further issues.

So, for anyone following with interest, there you go. I know enough about the law to know it is also called 'the lap of the Gods' and can go absolutely anywhere once you throw yourself at it's feet. Anyhow, rant over and I shall speak of this debacle no more.

23 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

So, Fair Trading have replied.

FT went to great lengths to advise me they are impartial. What FT does is to contact the respondent on behalf of the grievant, to see what's going on. I had forwarded our email trail showing previous evidence of complete lack of comms.

In this case, Earle told them he's been sick. FT were OK with this and told me Earle has been sick. He advised FT he will have the amp to me by the end of this week.

FT tell me this and now refer me onto the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal if I have any further issues.

So, for anyone following with interest, there you go. I know enough about the law to know it is also called 'the lap of the Gods' and can go absolutely anywhere once you throw yourself at it's feet. Anyhow, rant over and I shall speak of this debacle no more.

At least it was enough to shake him up enough to get it sent this week. (I assume hasn't happened yet but I don't think he'll want to push things with Fair Trading...)

The real damage to Earle though is that all this is out in the public forum and he more than likely will lose future business as a result.

Well at least it'll feel like you have someone on your side/in your corner - as the lack of communication must be so hard to take (i don't think i could've coped with it like you have @Darren69 )

I do hope this is resolved very, very soon!

Been multiple threads about Earle doing this over the last few years. They always seem to get cleaned up and closed.

Wouldn't hold my breath until I had the amp in my hands. I am sure you have heard "Yeah I will send it this week" numerous times. Beating a dead horse now so like Darren this will be my last post on the matter.

Sorry to hear this unbelievable drama is still ongoing Daz, I do hope it turns up soon and it turns out to be worth the wait.

cheers Terry

Edited by TerryO

So with luck the horror show will hopefully soon be over but the question i'd have is the psychological impact this will leave as if your anything like me those scars won't be easy to heal. I have unfortunately had gear in the past which was either shoddy, faulty or otherwise didn't meet expectations (a recent high end amp which shall remain nameless was a great example of this)  that just annoyed the heck outta me whenever it was in view.

HiFi listening is my happy place so I dont want any reminders of life's hardships when I sit down for a session so for me no matter how magical the component it would still piss me off and destroy me happiness bubble. Just hope you are different and can finally enjoy what you have been waiting for for so long Daz.

14 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

So with luck the horror show will hopefully soon be over but the question i'd have is the psychological impact this will leave as if your anything like me those scars won't be easy to heal. I have unfortunately had gear in the past which was either shoddy, faulty or otherwise didn't meet expectations (a recent high end amp which shall remain nameless was a great example of this)  that just annoyed the heck outta me whenever it was in view.

HiFi listening is my happy place so I dont want any reminders of life's hardships when I sit down for a session so for me no matter how magical the component it would still piss me off and destroy me happiness bubble. Just hope you are different and can finally enjoy what you have been waiting for for so long Daz.

Yes yourself and @DarkNark sum it up well, I don't know if I even want to unbox the bloody thing now, that's if I ever see it. Then you take a huge hit when shifting it on, the gift that will keep giving :D  It has also really taught me a lesson about internet herd-think :D 

6 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

It has also really taught me a lesson about internet herd-think :D 

100%.  I've had negative experiences with a couple of people/businesses that are raved about around here, and I would never go back again.  One amp builder made 6 months of promises and in the end I had nothing.  I've tried explaining my matters with people, but the fans will never listen.  Sorry to hear of your experiences here.  I appreciate you letting us know, I'll certainly be steering clear.

44 minutes ago, Tubularbells said:

I have unfortunately had gear in the past which was either shoddy, faulty or otherwise didn't meet expectations (a recent high end amp which shall remain nameless was a great example of this) 

..name it -- We can name cars, TV's, espresso machines?!, wines, beers (the list is endless) that disappoint us with without compunction...why not "high-end" HIFI gear? --But of course if you do not feel comfortable doing it.. The bad experiences are just as legitimate as the good ones...

17 minutes ago, The Fez said:

..name it -- We can name cars, TV's, espresso machines?!, wines, beers (the list is endless) that disappoint us with without compunction...why not "high-end" HIFI gear? --But of course if you do not feel comfortable doing it.. The bad experiences are just as legitimate as the good ones...

No not going to name it as people's perceptions are all vastly different so what's crap to me may not be an issue for you. Also having experience in the electronics repair business I look at things most others wouldn't probably care about. 

SO, onwards and upwards, Ayon Auris II, balanced is in the crosshairs. Should go well with the monstrous Stratos, will fit out with the Reflecktors as well.

Should be some sweet sounds for Christmas.

41 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

SO, onwards and upwards, Ayon Auris II, balanced is in the crosshairs. Should go well with the monstrous Stratos, will fit out with the Reflecktors as well.

Should be some sweet sounds for Christmas.

Are you at least going to plug the Weston to see what it actually sounds like.... ?? 😬

2 hours ago, Martykt said:

Are you at least going to plug the Weston to see what it actually sounds like.... ?? 😬

Nope, getting a refund.

3 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Nope, getting a refund.

That is a great outcome. :thumb:

Onwards and upwards then as some say !! :D 

5 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Nope, getting a refund.

Makes your avatar quite appropriate. :)

1 hour ago, Martykt said:

That is a great outcome. :thumb:

Onwards and upwards then as some say !! :D 

Haven't got it yet :D 

7 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Sorry can't help you with what the usual turnaround time on that sort of thing is..... 🤑

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Nope, getting a refund.

I thought it was already built, bit doing a Aussie tour first. 😁

If you get your $$ back, the best outcome 

8 hours ago, Darren69 said:

ohhh 'ere we go...have you got the refund yet?.................................have you got it yet?.........................seen a credit yet? etc, etc, etc,,,Ad nauseam..:D All the best -- good outcome >>>>>>>>>>>> we hope...Actually a better result woul;d be to get the $$ --- and then the amp arrives...