Darren69

Darren69's stuff, to date.

Guest DarkNark
10 minutes ago, rantan said:

If this was my situation I would be pursuing legal action.

In my case, I was on the verge of pursuing this action, which is a real shame. It certainly has tempered my enthusiasm to try and support local ingenuity. Noticable exceptions I have had are Clay and Mick. 

12 minutes ago, rantan said:

A reputation is only valid when there is consistency in quality of service and customer communication. If not then it is merely an historical myth based on the opinions of those with rose tinted spectacles.

Absolutely splendidly put! 100% agree. Wish I could give you 2 thumbs up.

1 minute ago, Martykt said:

@Darren69, I thought it was on it's way with TNT via Darwin ??

Did it get lost or did Earle not send it yet?

Was advised it went back to Vic, was tested, all good and was going out to me the following week. That was end of July.

1 minute ago, rantan said:

..No doubt and this is what less-than-ethical businesses rely upon. I still think it is worth a letter of demand and some conversations with fair trading and/ or a small claims action.

I asked for a refund when I got tired of the crickets, maybe three or four months back. Was told I would have to wait 6 weeks...I imagine Fair Trading would side with him on that basis.

1 minute ago, DarkNark said:

In my case, I was on the verge of pursuing this action, which is a real shame. It certainly has tempered my enthusiasm to try and support local ingenuity. Noticable exceptions I have had are Clay and Mick. 

Absolutely splendidly put! 100% agree. Wish I could give you 2 thumbs up.

Yes I wish I had've went with Mick...or Ayon...

Yes our Lindz can be very eloquent.

Deleted

Edited by awayward

Guest DarkNark
1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Fair Trading are there to make you feel worse, solicitors are there to make you poorer. :D 

In my case, fair trading, got it happening for me. After getting ignored and excuses, I let them take over. They let the manufacturer know in no uncertain terms what my rights were and what they expected of him. Still took a little while to sort out, but I can say that fair trading didn't get ignored.  

Edited by DarkNark
spelling

Guest DarkNark
8 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I asked for a refund when I got tired of the crickets, maybe three or four months back. Was told I would have to wait 6 weeks...I imagine Fair Trading would side with him on that basis.

If the manufacturer has offered you a refund, and you would like to pursue it, I don't think fair trading would back the manufacturer, especially if you have it in writing.

Guest Muon N'

Fair Trading can be very helpful, every situation is different and I think Daz, you would get help if this sucky situation doesn't end real soon IMO.

Sux, man :(

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Was advised it went back to Vic, was tested, all good and was going out to me the following week. That was end of July.

That does sound pretty ordinary.

I'm kind of surprised by that, I would have expected a bit more of Earle.

Living down here in Melbourne if I can help in any way let me know.

6 minutes ago, Martykt said:

That does sound pretty ordinary.

I'm kind of surprised by that, I would have expected a bit more of Earle.

Living down here in Melbourne if I can help in any way let me know.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

What a fckun disaster and frankly a disgraceful way to treat anyone, let alone a customer that has paid. 

No bacon or Selma ever for Earle.

Guest Muon N'

I used to always worry about Earle's future health, given the obsession with Bacon and meats in general. Not making excuses for him as an email or phone call is easy pezzy, just saying.

I am partially enraged going over this scenario. I was in a similar situation around 18 months ago.

I have no sympathy for any potential health issues as this has been going on for years now. As mentioned all it takes is communication but the grub doesn't even have the decency to do that. Would never go down that road again with him. It was ridiculous.

Edited by kelossus

10 hours ago, Muon N' said:

I used to always worry about Earle's future health, given the obsession with Bacon and meats in general. Not making excuses for him as an email or phone call is easy pezzy, just saying.

Every now and then he will respond but it's maybe 25% of the time. Yeah I think @DarkNark is right, I don't even know if I want to unbox the thing when it arrives :D 

Edited by Darren69

12 hours ago, Muon N' said:

Fair Trading can be very helpful, every situation is different and I think Daz, you would get help if this sucky situation doesn't end real soon IMO.

Sux, man :(

So have entered the complaint, we'll see how they go. I find these mobs are usually just a heap of people looking for the easiest way out of everything all day and then they go home :D I wasn't born this way.

I have whinged here because I went the way I did due to all of the positive comments on SNA and then when I started whingeing about the lack of comms etc, am told this is normal? Yeah, no it isn't.

Sorry to hear of this drama. Hope you can get it resolved quickly.

Get everything in writing, get tax invoices, get receipts..etc etc -- Document every time you have attempted to contact the person, date, time and means. Record all replies. 

One of the reasons I imagine that some business operators do not communicate, or there is very little communication is they wish to keep as little on record as possible......because they know in advance they are intending to fcuk you over from here to next -- whenever. Rather cynical I know...

You see it actually comes down to what is considered "reasonable" As you know we have many rights under consumer law, For instance the supplier of the product in this case, would have reasonably forseen the length of delay in providing the product, yet has accepted funds relating to the provision of the product. Was it made clear to you at the time, when you could expect delivery, was it in writing etc, etc....

You could certainly go down the road if you want to, but prepare well..

1 hour ago, The Fez said:

Get everything in writing, get tax invoices, get receipts..etc etc -- Document every time you have attempted to contact the person, date, time and means. Record all replies. 

One of the reasons I imagine that some business operators do not communicate, or there is very little communication is they wish to keep as little on record as possible......because they know in advance they are intending to fcuk you over from here to next -- whenever. Rather cynical I know...

You see it actually comes down to what is considered "reasonable" As you know we have many rights under consumer law, For instance the supplier of the product in this case, would have reasonably forseen the length of delay in providing the product, yet has accepted funds relating to the provision of the product. Was it made clear to you at the time, when you could expect delivery, was it in writing etc, etc....

You could certainly go down the road if you want to, but prepare well..

Thanks maate, nearly beer time! ;) 

36 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Thanks maate, nearly beer time! ;) 

Whadda you mean -- nearly...:hiccup -- 

Just into a Sunday blast session and I have to share a secret with you all. I have experimented with some plastic fish tank plants on the bass traps and the difference is night and day. So much more air and soundstage, timbre is off the charts and I actually had to turn the volume down a bit, so overwhelming was the improvement. I can ship a burnt in pair for $75.50 + $30 shipping. 

Am yet experiment with them in other parts of the room and system.

BB70EAE8-7A71-482F-BDEB-50EF22576781.thumb.jpeg.53a1292f0ddb2c0314b31e659b9dffe4.jpeg

Oh dear!

I'll take a pair if you are doing them cryo'ed.

Are the Yukon Gold Potatoes part of the deal ?

17 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

Just into a Sunday blast session and I have to share a secret with you all. I have experimented with some plastic fish tank plants on the bass traps and the difference is night and day. So much more air and soundstage, timbre is off the charts and I actually had to turn the volume down a bit, so overwhelming was the improvement. I can ship a burnt in pair for $75.50 + $30 shipping. 

Am yet experiment with them in other parts of the room and system.

BB70EAE8-7A71-482F-BDEB-50EF22576781.thumb.jpeg.53a1292f0ddb2c0314b31e659b9dffe4.jpeg

And what exactly happened to the fish..... ??? :fear:

I'll have some of what he's having !!!

:)

@Darren69

Wowsers cobber.

Where do I sign? This is going to be Huge.