Darren69's stuff, to date.

So been another interesting arvo-

Just put up my gorgeous Boomslang for sale, it got ever so slightly edged out by the Revelation Audio I2s silver cable. I think it would be unbeatable between say a CDT and a high end dac though. Might work with alot of other digital combos too, such a big smoothie and synergy is king, at the end of the day. Built like a truck.

However the more I play around, am thinking silver is the go for digital and copper for analogue.

So now it will be two high end USB's from Nucleus straight to USB dac terminal vs Nuc-Off Ramp-Revelation I2s to I2s dac terminal. Time will tell.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ladies and Gentleman, the best my system has ever sounded.   Picked up the new Lenehan ML5's yesterday and got them in place. Back is OK but have pulled the muscle on my right thigh going fr

Earle has come good with the bucks, all is good, should have the Ayon Auris II pre amp within the next 4 to 5 weeks, really excited.   I did advise him that even though our professional rela

9 hours ago, Jventer said:

Evening

Ad not showing up yet and I cannot send you pm's.

Am interested in the Boomslang.

All yours mate, ad should be there now.

4 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

Is that the one to beat now?

I’d say so, it’s end game remember, which is for about 12 months knowing Daz's upgrade cycle 😉 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
10 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Is that the one to beat now?

Easily the best that ‘Georgio by Moroder’ has ever sounded. Mad Scientist Black Magic on the way all vs the Off Ramp4 Revelation Audio I2s combo (silver like the Wireworld). Assuming it wasn’t sarcasm of course. 

62055B36-EE64-41F6-8336-8FA5BE8F35C1.jpeg.591608d2e83c5dc230c9a30d4644bbbe.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Easily the best that ‘Georgio by Moroder’ has ever sounded. Mad Scientist Black Magic on the way all vs the Off Ramp4 Revelation Audio I2s combo (silver like the Wireworld). Assuming it wasn’t sarcasm of course. 

62055B36-EE64-41F6-8336-8FA5BE8F35C1.jpeg.591608d2e83c5dc230c9a30d4644bbbe.jpeg

No sarcasm at all. I’m using coax myself but was still curious. Good to know, thanks for taking one for the team and doing the expensive experimentation! 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

No sarcasm at all. I’m using coax myself but was still curious. Good to know, thanks for taking one for the team and doing the expensive experimentation! 

Should have contacted me, the Boomslang would have been perfect for you. Awesome coax. Not quite as good as the Clearer Audio Silverline Optimus though, IMO.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Should have contacted me, the Boomslang would have been perfect for you. Awesome coax. Not quite as good as the Clearer Audio Silverline Optimus though, IMO.

I thought it was USB!!

42 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

I thought it was USB!!

Boomslang was rca to BNC.

Wireworld is USB 

Edited by Darren69

• 3 weeks later...

Well scoff if you like (wooohoohhooo...hang on...)

USB cables make a difference and the Mad Scientist Black magic beats the Wireworld Platinum in my system. Mad Scientist copper had nicer vocals but Wireworld had bigger soundstage and more instrument separation. Mad Scientist won in the end for overall engagement with the music.

The final test is USB-Black Magic-Off Ramp 4 - Revelation Audio I2s vs Black magic straight to the dac through USB.

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...

Decided to give an AES cable a run from the Off Ramp to the Ayon Stratos, wow what a difference, went straight back to the I2s connection. AES was quite thick and bloomy in my system, I2s reintroduced the airiness and timbre with cleaner bass. I re-purchased the Black Magic USB as it was so close to being the best, didn't want to see it heading off to the ballers and flippers :) 

Might give it another burl at some stage, geez everyone, close to not having anything left to play around with I must say...still haven't found that JC2 though....gets popcorn and waits...

• Like 2