Darren69's stuff, to date.

• 2 weeks later...

Earle has come good with the bucks, all is good, should have the Ayon Auris II pre amp within the next 4 to 5 weeks, really excited.

I did advise him that even though our professional relationship ended in a messy divorce, he is personally still welcome to Che Daz for an ale :) 

• Like 20

5 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Earle has come good with the bucks, all is good, should have the Ayon Auris II pre amp within the next 4 to 5 weeks, really excited.

I did advise him that even though our professional relationship ended in a messy divorce, he is personally still welcome to Che Daz for an ale :) 

perhaps he could bring the preamp around then xD

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mate, I'm glad that the situation is resolved. But, I do feel sorry for Earle. Things must be very difficult in his personal life. I have had several long phone conversations with the man, back in the day. He was generous with his time & knowledge. He produced gorgeous pieces of amplifier kit that won many hearts. I hope that one day he can get his bespoke business back on track. I also empathise with those fellow music lovers who have been disappointed with their dealings with him. Nuff said.

p.s. I can't wait to feel the sonic impact of those big bad boy JBL's threatening the foundations of Chez Daz

Enjoy your journey bro :)

• Like 4

Like any good hobby.

You can/will wait for that particular component forever, generally better to cut the losses and run from it . Could be vintage Bikes, Cars, Stereo, doesn't matter, there will be something sometime that just won't happen.

Good luck with powering the JBL's shouldn't be a problem whatever is connected.

• Thanks 1

Guest Muon N'
2 hours ago, soundbyte said:

I must be on the secret squirrel list, not to be published? ?‍♂️ ?‍♂️

I'm in good company on SNA, whether on any list or not!

Have you tried watching Secret Squirrel as an adult?

I had a look at it recently on youtube and had to wonder what sort of nuts I was as a kid to watch it, let alone enjoy it :S

24 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

Have you tried watching Secret Squirrel as an adult?

Who is spreading a rumor that I/we are adults? Not sure I qualify, I am over 21 though.

I never watched Secret Squirrel on TV, does not seem I missed anything then?

26 minutes ago, Muon N' said:

I had a look at it recently on youtube and had to wonder what sort of nuts I was as a kid to watch it, let alone enjoy it :S

Will leave the "nuts"comment alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Ayon Auris II pre in balanced configuration is on it's way, am hugely excited.

I never thought I could ever reach to a Stratos dac and Auris II pre but I just, well, did it, haha. My job is pretty full on but decent pay so I thought fuggit.

Anyone who has not heard the Ayon product, I thoroughly recommend that you do yourself a favour and get somewhere where you can experience this awesome gear, it goes absolutely positively fantastic with the big JBL's, does all my crappy recordings a lot of justice and the good recordings are mind blowing. Boris or Michael at Absolute High End will point you in the right direction for your state. Both natures gentlemen.

https://absolutehiend.com/

End game for me (cue canned laughter).

SO now, I believe I am close to the end, I have pretty much got the best of all worlds for a massive metal-hard rock concert, valve front end through SS mono's to big JBL's. Nothing to do with jazz through a 5w push pull and detailed stand mounts (not that there's anything wrong with that).

This is about baffling the house by closing all doors and windows, pulling curtains and sitting down with 8 beers and the I Pad and making my ears ring like bastards two to three hours later. The system allows me to ride a tsunami of sound, totally immersed, drowning and loving it. I imagine those who chase the hi fi sound would not be impressed. This stuff is more Marshall than Mozart.

Over Chrissy I will re-coat the shelving in fine buffing oil and reconfigure the shelves/computer fans so they cool the pre and dac. The mono's have never caused the fans to come on so they are designed well enough to look after themselves with the clear space around them etc. I suspect the pre and dac are as well but hey, I have to look after the babies :D the 6H30's can give off some heat after aforementioned head-blast sessions.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 13

Yeah Dazza's hearing will be a tad suspect I reckon by the time he gets back if thats where he is.  Just hope his "nurse" is also attending to provide the crew with IV lines the next day to cure there hangovers like a little birdie told me in the past!!!!

• Haha 2

Nah am home, doing both the WSBK and MotoGP in 2020 ? . Arrived Wednesday arvo and gave it a medium blast last night, everything needs to settle and it was amazing how much the bass improved over only a few hours. I imagine things will only get better with time which will be another improvement.

D0F8503B-F35B-48B0-9F92-0BABE1B69A15.thumb.jpeg.1aa456302b7a3ac2f934d61dccf5b142.jpeg

53605811-C473-4CF1-B17F-009CA7E50D18.thumb.jpeg.81e57e98234b1c115757b15d744ffc35.jpeg

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 7
  • Love 1