Darren69's stuff, to date.

2 hours ago, Jventer said:

I can't PM you - says you cannot receive messages.

I have a dac I am not using that you can borrow, just Pm me and I can even deliver :).

Hullo maaate! Did you new toy work?

No thanks brother, mine will be here in a week or two but thanks as always J!

I don't know why you are getting that message, my inbox has heaps of space.

5 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo maaate! Did you new toy work?

No thanks brother, mine will be here in a week or two but thanks as always J!

I don't know why you are getting that message, my inbox has heaps of space.

Pm'd you with LOTS of thanks re the new toy got the same message that you cant receive PM's 

New toy is working beautifully - even my wife is impressed!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jventer said:

Pm'd you with LOTS of thanks re the new toy got the same message that you cant receive PM's 

New toy is working beautifully - even my wife is impressed!

Great news, farked if I know what I was doing, haha!! The Bluesound N100 also works great but 'output' options aren't as good as the Sonos.

You might have to discuss your PM-ing probs with the mods? Your messages should be coming through.

Edited by Darren69

Will be interesting to hear if  still need subs with two 15 in woofers now working for me.

I think I will as purpose made bass reproduction in corners of a room with some management tacked on would have to beat subs that are not ideally positioned for bass but more for a holistic soundstage effect across all frequencies.

However, time will tell. Stratos should be here in a few weeks.

Beautiful finish on these JBL's, piccies just don't do them justice. Big old school boxes with some modern finish and tricks. The speaker connection screws are also very good, with a swivelling surface against the spade whilst the rest of the thread tightens down on it, very secure.

Mikes speaker cables are on the way, will be bi wiring.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 3

be very interested on how they compare to the ML5's, I bought a pair after chatting to you, you were right when you told me they take no prisoners on bad recordings, but still are amazing on good ones.

11 minutes ago, Mord said:

be very interested on how they compare to the ML5's, I bought a pair after chatting to you, you were right when you told me they take no prisoners on bad recordings, but still are amazing on good ones.

I don’t really understand why this is a bad aspect of a speaker, I think the speakers should convey what was recorded, good or bad. I eventually don’t play the bad recordings.

I don’t really understand why this is a bad aspect of a speaker, I think the speakers should convey what was recorded, good or bad. I eventually don’t play the bad recordings.
you are right, just makes it hard to listen to some of your favourites from a few years back, where the mixing wasn't up to scratch

On 14/06/2019 at 5:09 PM, Darren69 said:

How I relished Basil as a child. Am worried the sub might be missing in the morning.

3DBB9EE1-016E-4EC4-95F3-33C1F7EAD2D7.thumb.jpeg.1ceca492db0625b112bbda81251e99bd.jpeg

3438D69B-96B0-4F21-A1F6-5F9565EAB2AE.thumb.jpeg.b2fb89d4904c69f452ffd2001e8d734a.jpeg

I see that the butchers blocks are back in the game ;)

1 hour ago, mikey d said:

I see that the butchers blocks are back in the game ;)

Yep, can you see I had to run some timber around the outside to give them more width?

Also added some feet to bring the tweeter up to JBL's recommended height, they are a close match to the shelving feet/supports. Herbies gliders between the plinths and the spikes.

• Like 1

I would like to also put a massive thumbs up out there for Convoy and Trimira Audio (Brissy), had a few creases to iron out during the install and all I can say is the support was cost-no-object-customer-first-response-grade stuff.

Stuff always happens in life, it's a given but it's how one is supported through the stuff that matters and is remembered and the above is how I will remember these guys,

Really top grade customer focused robust culture happening at these businesses for sure. A pleasure to deal with. I believe company cultures are trickle down so these managers and their committed staff should be proud of their efforts.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

A few more pictures, just love the look of these babies, you can tell I grew up in the 70s and 80s ?

A nude pic too for @mikey d

5419EB7C-5BDE-46A7-AB46-1CC060365F05.thumb.jpeg.c8e8cebadbc45af1d3eeab5a658ec1ad.jpeg

52DA1770-5828-4E72-AB95-A767B8EC4E00.thumb.jpeg.aa4f835c394d500bf67f691bc5042bcd.jpeg

AA2326D9-2E46-4552-90CA-4EB4FA5C41AF.thumb.jpeg.79cda68a44ecc5349ee8b1bb2af601ac.jpeg

Mate I hope you have a very strong neck after all those years of head banging, those JBLs are going to blow your head right off. 

• Haha 1