Darren69's stuff, to date.

1 hour ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo mate, I assume he is talking about Mike Bartlett, retired to Grafton after a career in hi fi in Sydney.

@Wongy has probably been down to some seedy Sydney pub for a long lunch and now his keyboard isn't working properly. :D

You are right Darren might need a helping hand ?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Hullo mate, I assume he is talking about Mike Bartlett, retired to Grafton after a career in hi fi in Sydney.

@Wongy has probably been down to some seedy Sydney pub for a long lunch and now his keyboard isn't working properly. :D

Yeah, it was Mike he was talking about. I had a chance to talk to @Wongy  this morning. @rantan knows Mike very well also. Thanks Darren. I hope the Lenehans start to become more popular in the HI end. They deserve to be.

• Like 2

I certainly do know Mike Bartlett. I spent several very happy years working for him in his retail and wholesale audio business. He has my full respect and admiration and I learnt much about all things audio from working with him.

These were the golden years of audio when everything was just cranking up and it was all a great adventure meeting designers and introducing new and ( then ) unknown audio gear to the Australian audio market. 

It was the best fun you could have standing up.:)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, awayward said:

Are they brand spankers?

i found a minimum of 50 hours was required for them to loosen up, so a bit of burn in might be required before a comparison.

Mike kindly lent me his demos. If they impress, I’ll prolly get shorter versions. However Mike only uses one of those pi$$y PS Audio amps. The JC1’s will no doubt burn them in a bit more ?

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Mike kindly lent me his demos. If they impress, I’ll prolly get shorter versions. However Mike only uses one of those pi$$y PS Audio amps. The JC1’s will no doubt burn them in a bit more ?

Hey ease it up on those pi$$y PS Audio amps, they were good enough to impress you enough to buy the ML5s.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Darren69 said:

5 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Look like we have to do a GTG at your place Daz PS Audio BHK 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wongy said:

Look like we have to do a GTG at your place Daz PS Audio BHK 

I knew my comment would draw you out! hahaa!!

Looks like it Mr Wong! :D

I'll only get liquored up and then it will all sound awesome anyhow. :D

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

I knew my comment would draw you out! hahaa!!

Looks like it Mr Wong! :D

I'll only get liquored up and then it will all sound awesome anyhow. :D

Have I wing the Wong number hahaha you are on brother ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, awayward said:

Hey ease it up on those pi$$y PS Audio amps, they were good enough to impress you enough to buy the ML5s.

Unless he had that god awful Halcro thing hooked up when he was there.. In which case he'll love the BHK if he ever hears it :P

4 minutes ago, Darren69 said:

@awayward you coming up for the GTG? Got a bed here for you if you don’t mind my drunken snoring and the occasional ‘accidental ‘ cuddle.

Definitely, it might be safer to bring my swag, nothing worse than waking up with 20 cents in my hand, not that it has happened before :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, awayward said:

nothing worse than waking up with 20 cents in my hand, not that it has happened before :)

Happened to a mate of mine years ago after waking up on the side of the road after getting a lift off a truckie and accepting a chocolate milk shake.

Edited by MC240
  • Like 1

@awayward watch this space, might be early January. You won’t need the roll, you’ll have your own room ?.

@Sirmorebeer oh la la. I wonder if being a heathen would prevent God from smiling on me enough to allow Gryphon ownership. God is a woman. Maybe some dinner. A little dancing. White man dancing unfortunately.