Darren69's stuff, to date.

16 hours ago, Darren69 said:

Sarah Blaskoe. Fantastic.

When are you dropping in with the ML2's?

@Jventer , my non SNA mate and myself would love a comparo.

Daz

I am afraid the opportunity has passed at present to travel with the ML2s .......... too heavy for my back in its current state considering my stands are 45KG .... :):)

What Sarah Blasko recording are you in love with, I only have one album of hers and it seems a rather dull recording when compared with a lot of other female vocalist recordings that I have .............. or maybe its my setup ......... :(:(

Edited by Ancientflatulence

@Ancientflatulence I like her as an artist, have all of her stuff.

Recordings- I don't really compare, it's more about the music for me. If the recording is good then it's a bonus. I own and enjoy a lot of very average recordings.

One of my fave Blasko songs and also a reference song when setting stuff up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martykt said:

I reckon AEC works just fine for ripping CDs if so inclined.......

That is of course if you haven't already splashed out for a lifetime of Roon..... ?

Nah, dBpoweramp is where it's at!  :P   ...but the his is a whole different discussion!

Yeah I saw Jonsey's Aurender too...  :wub:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Muon N'
37 minutes ago, Ancientflatulence said:

I guess I like recordings with vocals very forward in the mix with every bit of vocal detail audible ........ not hidden in the general mix .......... :):)

Nothing was hidden in "Eternal Return' otherwise that emotion would not be there.

Generally her recordings are quite good.

Eternal Return is not the one that I have and I am not describing what I am feeling when I listen properly ................. I just had another listen to try to isolate my problem  with the album ......... maybe I feel there is not a great tonal variation between vocal and band on some of the  tracks ....... as you say about the other album, it is not actually that the vocal is recessed ............. I cannot really describe it ............. :):)

Edited by Ancientflatulence

Daz, they look killer mate. Sounds like a massive upgrade over the Focals. 

Would love to have a listen one day.

How do they handle electronic music. I know your probably not such a big fan but try out Sbtrkt. Song 3-Wildfire off his self titled album. Would be awesome on the ML 5s.

cheers Dave 

9 hours ago, Pops110 said:

Daz, they look killer mate. Sounds like a massive upgrade over the Focals. 

Would love to have a listen one day.

How do they handle electronic music. I know your probably not such a big fan but try out Sbtrkt. Song 3-Wildfire off his self titled album. Would be awesome on the ML 5s.

cheers Dave 

Hullo Davo, thanks mate, you're always welcome at Che Daz. :)

Haven't tried much electronic yet, I have most of Trentemoeller's stuff. Am assuming they will be excellent. :)

Will find that song you speak off and try it out before my Tidal acc closes.

Guest Muon N'
20 hours ago, Ancientflatulence said:

Eternal Return is not the one that I have and I am not describing what I am feeling when I listen properly ................. I just had another listen to try to isolate my problem  with the album ......... maybe I feel there is not a great tonal variation between vocal and band on some of the  tracks ....... as you say about the other album, it is not actually that the vocal is recessed ............. I cannot really describe it ............. :):)

I think I understand what you are trying to describe, not that I can do any better so I'll not attempt to :)

On 11/19/2017 at 12:01 PM, Ancientflatulence said:

I only have one album of hers and it seems a rather dull recording when compared with a lot of other female vocalist recordings that I have .............. or maybe its my setup ......... :(:(

LP or CD?

When I get this feeling, I look at the Dynamic Range Database.  In this case, you get this result which may well explain the 'dullness'; the CD is unreasonably compressed.

http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=blasko&album=eternal

On 11/18/2017 at 1:28 PM, Darren69 said:

Come around this arvo. :)

:offtopic:Just Quickly. Have you guys retired up there? My wife lives in Benowa Waters, which isnt far from Ashmore and I'm thinking of moving up there in the future. Just wondering what its like for retirees? Ohh, back on the subject, if I was gonna buy a Focal, I'd get something from the Utopia series. Never overly keen on the Electra Series except for the ones 20 years or so ago.

Edited by Wimbo

Just now, Wimbo said:

:offtopic:Just Quickly. Have you guys retired up there? My wife lives in Benowa Waters, which isnt far from Ashmore and I'm thinking of moving up there in the future. Just wondering what its like for retirees? Ohh, back on the subject, if I was gonna but a Focal, I'd get something from the Utopia series. Never overly keen on the Electra Series except for the ones 20 years or so ago.

Hullo Wimbo!

I am just outside of Grafton on the NE NSW coast. Mikes (Lenehan Audio) factory is at Ashmore, maybe send him a PM on what he thinks of the place.

Focal- pfft. ;)

Benowa Waters- you better clear it with your wife first! :D

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Wimbo said:

:offtopic:Just Quickly. Have you guys retired up there? 

Unfortunately @darren 69 still works. Me too.

Good place to retire, low cost of living. Not as snazzy as the Gold Coast or Bangalow/Ballina/Byron.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jventer said:

Unfortunately @darren 69 still works. Me too.

Good place to retire, low cost of living. Not as snazzy as the Gold Coast or Bangalow/Ballina/Byron.

That sounds good. Only prob I have is the old heart. Gave it a hiding over the decades. Not many Docs up there I now hear. Not that I want to live right next to one, but you know what I mean.:)

Edited by Wimbo

5 hours ago, Wimbo said:

:offtopic:Just Quickly. Have you guys retired up there? My wife lives in Benowa Waters, which isnt far from Ashmore and I'm thinking of moving up there in the future. Just wondering what its like for retirees? Ohh, back on the subject, if I was gonna buy a Focal, I'd get something from the Utopia series. Never overly keen on the Electra Series except for the ones 20 years or so ago.

4 hours ago, Wimbo said:

That sounds good. Only prob I have is the old heart. Gave it a hiding over the decades. Not many Docs up there I now hear. Not that I want to live right next to one, but you know what I mean.:)

Hello Wimbo

Move over to Grafton nice bunch of guys I can even call in on my way to QLD 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wimbo said:

Who's that?

Hullo mate, I assume he is talking about Mike Bartlett, retired to Grafton after a career in hi fi in Sydney.

@Wongy has probably been down to some seedy Sydney pub for a long lunch and now his keyboard isn't working properly. :D

• Like 1