Darren69's stuff, to date.

Purchased new-

Subs and speakers, interconnects, speaker and sub cables, RK cable power leads to subs and monos, PVR/DVD, gecko shelving, bamboo boards, sorbothane feet.

Everything else is from SNA members. Speaker cables replace the same type that I also purchased from the classifieds.

@@henry218 , the houso war cry. :D

Edited by Darren69

Keep the TV and add a drop down large screen projector ....room crying out for it !

Movie nights :D

definitely can replaced that ceiling fan with a projector... :P

edit : but he needs to something with that clock though... :D

Edited by henry218
  • Like 1

@@Dared Audio love my monos. They are just lovely. Two 12 in subs was purely for my OCD. ;) I love them too.

@@henry218 that poor half dismantled fan, haha, am replacing that with a more centralised- mounted one of these-

http://www.beaconlighting.com.au/fans/ceiling-fans/ceiling-fans-with-lights/artemis-147cm-fan-with-light-in-dark-koa.html

That was going to happen straight after I put the absorbers up. Maybe 18 months ago. :(

Edited by Darren69

i love the look of that fan, but SONY SXRD projector might be better to look at in a 110" screen.... :D

ok, end of joking around.

Great setup mate, have you tried the put the Focal wider and more toed in?

• Like 1

@@Sime happy to swap. :)

@ Angelo, you win!! Was wondering if someone would see that. :D Thanks mate.

I looked at a wider GPO and also plug swaps but in the end some careful trimming of the collar was all that was required. Reinhardts cables also have earthed shielding etc so didn't want to much that up by fiddling.

@@henry218 well picked as well! Yes, before the subs the Focals were 300mm each further out (so, 600mm wider apart from each other)and slightly toed in. That was great and only very slightly wider than recommended in their manual.

However, the addition of the subs seemed to change something and the separation was too great so they came in a bit close and a touch closer to the wall (go figure) and bang, lovely again. Those tweeters take no prisoners though.

@@Galactic Soap it is the PS Audio Perfect Wave Transport. Would love to team it up with a DSD but I doubt I will veer afford that so may try a Nuwave dac with I2s with it sometime, through to a JC2 pre to match the subs. not sure yet, still having fun with the DEQX.

Great system there Darren !! There's some nice cables in there too !! :)

I did the same with my industrial plugs, remove the orange screw rings then trim down !! :D

One thing that worked for me with my subs was to place them on the inside of my main speakers (running in stereo) as I found they needed to be closer together to image properly and allows main speakers to have wider soundstage. :D

• Like 1

@@Martykt the smiley face puts me off, haha, are you being serious? I have not tried the subs on the 'inside' as I have always thought the corners of the room are the best place for bass but am always open to experiences, ahem.

@@JukKluk2 there's no one I'd rather leave the place to mate. I will need to be ready to return to an unflushed toilet and a missing dog but apart from that it should be all good.

@@betty boop betty boop...what is that? You have a sick sense of humour Al, forcing us to call you Betty Boop. :D Hmm, no, I have enjoyed all of my equipment, past and present...maybe except the M51 NAD...that was nothing amazing....but every other piece of gear I have experienced so far, Redgum, Peachtree, Quad, Benchmark, Meridian, Prima Luna etc have all been fantastic components. Out of what I have decided to keep, I would say the best buy's have been the monos. After repairs and servicing by Zaph the master, under $4k?? Premium big power amps. Am still grinning about that. But I love all the members of my team as I believe in system synergy so they are all awesome and all do their own little jobs just brilliantly.

Possibly a surprising 'find' was the Townshend cabling. I was a Lenehan tragic before that but some SC's I got from here (Goran's isolda's which went to Wikeeboy) just brought forth such natural timbre that I became a convert. Replaced with newer, shorter versions from the mono's or I would still have the originals. I have some Fractal XLR's in the cupboard, un opened if I go to a dac-pre set up later on.

I think I ranted before in the 'what I have learnt so far' thread but the greatest effect one can have on SQ is to treat the room. I know that for sure. The ceiling absorbers made a massive difference to the SQ, I was ready to sell the Focals as I thought 'they were too harsh' for my crap rock recordings but it was really my room that was harsh. I have the brains trust here, actually you Al for putting me onto Wavetrain, to thank for that one. One day it shall all get a good paint job and look half respectable.

@@Tubularbells I look forward to that too brother tubey. ;) .... a couple?? :D I doubt it will challenge the cathedral.

Edited by Darren69
  • Like 1

@@Martykt the smiley face puts me off, haha, are you being serious? I have not tried the subs on the 'inside' as I have always thought the corners of the room are the best place for bass but am always open to experiences, ahem.

Yes, very serious. Assuming you are trying blend your subs with the Focal's not just wake the neighbours (going by previous posts to do with DEQX with subs and your other gear I assume you are), I found my subs run in stereo blend in and image with my main speaker in that position. I even toe in the ports towards listening position (yours may work well being front facing). If your subs are fast enough they may do the same if tuned right, worth trying.

• Like 1

:thumb:  :thumb:

Bet it sounds not half bad as well....congratulations Daz.

ps what in the world is that horrendous picture you have for an avatar? take it down it. Immediately, young man.  :)

Edited by Tom.Stopforth
  • Like 1

@ that, my friend, is mick Thompson, guitarist for slipknot.

My previous av was a tad racy for SNA.

Hmm...this one may also frighten the horses. :D

Should I go back to Terrance and Phillip do you think?

@@Martykt OK, ta man, I will do. :)

Edited by Darren69