Sign in to follow this  
SHF Staff

SOLD: FS: McIntosh labs MC2102 monoblock amplifiers with Golden Lion matched Kt88's

Item: McIntosh labs MC2102 monoblock amplifiers with Golden Lion Matched octet kt88 valves

Price: $12,000
Item Condition: Used, superb condition with original manuals
Reason for selling: Client traded the system in on new components
Payment Method: Cash, All major card's excluding Diners, Paypal or Direct Deposit
Extra Info: http://www.nebyhifi....ts/MC2102br.pdf

Pictures:

IMG_2384.JPG

IMG_2385.JPG

IMG_2386.JPG

MC2102 Tube Power Amplifier

Designed by co-founder Sidney A. Corderman and the McIntosh engineering staff

Dual monoblock (2-channel stereo) amplifier with all signal amplification by tubes

Patented Unity Coupled Circuit with bifilar-wound output transformers

Stereo: 100 watts per channel (8/4/2 ohms)

Mono parallel: 200 watts per channel (4/2/1 ohms)

Mono bridged: 200 watts per channel (16/8/4 ohms)

(8) KT88 or 6550 output tubes (original valves changed for Matched octet Genalex Golden Lion)

(4) 12AX7A input tubes

(4) 12AT7 driver tubes

Ceramic tube sockets with gold-plated contacts

Air-pipe cooling at base for output tubes

Very low distortion

Wide power bandwidth

Long-life premium capacitors and resistors

Balanced and unbalanced inputs

Gold-plated input jacks

Gold-plated 200A multi-way output binding posts

Illuminated peak-responding wattmeters with hold

Remote power control connection to McIntosh

Control Centers and Preamplifiers

Black drawn-aluminum transformer enclosures

Polished stainless-steel chassis

Glass front panel with illuminated nomenclature

Dimensions (h x w x d)

cm: 17.9 x 44.5 x 50.8

Weight

40kg net

$12,000 the Pair

Contact Sydney Hi-Fi Castle Hill

02 9899 9079

Shop 7 19 Victoria Avenue Castle Hill

Hi All,

Mono blocks are Sold!

Cheers,

Michael.

They look like they could heat my lounge room. Beautiful looking amps.

They are great amps.  Mice warm textures and can drive almost anything when driven in parallel mono configuration.

If I didn't have my cj mono's, would still own these.

First thing I would do is jettison the KT88's and buy some 6550's.

Edited by metal beat

They are great amps.  Mice warm textures and can drive almost anything when driven in parallel mono configuration.

If I didn't have my cj mono's, would still own these.

First thing I would do is jettison the KT88's and buy some 6550's.

You may be right about the valves.

I have a McINtosh MC275, and I prefer the sound of the 6550s which are in there now, as opposed to the KT88s which were in there when I bought it. Slightly less warm, but to my ear, more even-handed.

However, the valves it has in it are very well regarded, and I am sure it sounds great just as it is.

You may be right about the valves.

I have a McINtosh MC275, and I prefer the sound of the 6550s which are in there now, as opposed to the KT88s which were in there when I bought it. Slightly less warm, but to my ear, more even-handed.

However, the valves it has in it are very well regarded, and I am sure it sounds great just as it is.

Imo, The trouble with KT 88's is that they are all bass and treble with nothing musical in the middle.

The 6550 is better balanced top to bottom with better bass control.

What 6550's are you using?

I like Svet winged C which is hard to get now and the Tung Sol 6550 if you need a slightly tighter bass giving you a bit more detail.

Congratulations on the sale of your item. If you feel you have benefited from using this system for the sale of an item through our classifieds system then please consider making a donation.

Donation Payment Options

You can make a donation via Paypal (using Credit Card or Paypal Balance), or Direct Deposit.

Click below to make a donation:

donate-button.png

Thank you, your support is appreciated and every dollar makes a difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By gibbo9000
      Item: VTA M-125 Valve Power Amplifiers - running 4 x KT120 each
      Price: $2,750
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Change of direction
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      A pair of Vacuum Tube Audio M-125 Power Amplifiers built by me from imported Bob Latino kits.  These are configured with 4 x KT120 tubes per side rating them around 125 Watts per channel and driving 4 or 8 ohm loads.  Currently running solid state regulators and Tung Sol 12AU7 / EH 12BH7 front end.  Will some with spare solid state regulator, valve regulators and alternate front end tubes.

A good overview of the amps and their design and performance can be found here - just don;t read too much into the comments on documentation and labeling.  They are easy to drive and have been in active use for 18 months:  https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/amplifier/power-amplifier/vacuum-tube-audio-m-125-mono-tube-power-amplifier-review/

Further detail specifications can be found on Bob's site here:  http://www.tubes4hifi.com/bob.htm#M125

I have had them driving my Q-Acoustics Concept 500's where the power of the amps and warmth of the KT120's have been an awesome pairing.

Given the weight of the transformers and fragility of the valves I sincerely doubt these would be worth shipping.

ELECTRICAL DISCLAIMER
      This product has not been manufactured by a qualified individual or company, therefore contains electrical circuits that do not necessarily comply with Australian Standards. I understand that as the seller, I may be liable to repercussions in the event of equipment failure. By advertising and selling this product, as the seller I also agree that I am solely liable, and the publisher of this website takes no responsibility for any injury or death resulting from, whether directly or indirectly, any accident that may happen as a result of the failure of the product being sold. If in doubt, seek the services of a qualified electrician to inspect the product to ensure it is safe for use.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By HiFi-Man
      I was searching for a valve preamplifier  to match with my McIntosh 240. Recently found this odd looking unit with someone I know . He was using it only very occasionally and was happy to sell it. Anyway I decided to give it a try. Seller said its a Trevor Lees Audio valve preamplifer. Unfortunately he don't have much detail info about this unit. 

- There are only very few switches on the front panel without any labels ( Separate volume controls for left and right channel & two switches with unknown functionality)
      - It seems like there are four AUX inputs and one Phono input. 
      - Caps I could see are Sprague, Seimens, Wonder Cap (Ultima series with Danor).
      - Valves from right to left - Zaerix ECC88, Sylvania 6SL7, Zaerix 6DJ8, Zaerix 6DJ8, Zaerix 6DJ8.
      - Not sure which make is the volume pot. 
      - It has got a separate power supply unit ( Power supply unit is a bit noisy when switched on ).

Anyone else here using the same preamplifier (Will be helpful for me to gather more info on this) ?

Pictures 

I tried connecting it to my McIntosh 240 and it sounds good. I'm sure it has got a lot of space for further improvement.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

• By So_Fresh_And_So_Clean
      Item: McIntosh C32 Stereo Preamplifier w/Original Case and Owners Manuals

Price: $2,500 ono

Item Condition: Near Mint. Second owner, stored in a glass front cabinet in a smoke free environment. Used periodically for about 6 years. Recently looked over by a service technician, no issues found but has been cleaned and RCA terminals have been polished. All in perfect working order, no noise, pops or cracks from dials. 

Reason for selling: I have recently decided to go with a mixer and two turntables, I now DJ for some extra income. Unfortunately I no longer have the room for both setups and as such I will be selling this pre-amp, along with the vintage turntable and power amp I was using with it. Stay tuned for those listings too.

Payment Method: Pickup or ship at buyers expense - Cash, Paypal, COD, bank transfer

Extra Info: This unit runs on US voltage and as such will require a suitable step up transformer. I also have one of these for sale. Can sell separately or include if the right offer is made. Feel free to contact me with any further questions. Thanks for looking!

• By Nick73
      Item: McIntosh MC7300
      Price: $4,900
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Downsizing
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash
      Extra Info: This amp has served me well for some years and I'll be sad to see it go . Probably the most reliable amp I've ever owned. The only thing that has ever failed on it are the light bulbs behind the faceplate (which is a thing on these older Macs) which does not affect operation in any way. It has never skipped a beat. I had the lightbulbs changed recently so also had it serviced while it was in. I have included a pic of all the caps that were replaced. Also still have 12 new bulbs for when the time comes. Cosmetically is in very good condition with a few minor blemishes and functionally sounds as good as the day I got it. Also have original manual in excellent condition. You can drive almost any speaker with this amp. This amp has been well looked after and is guaranteed to put smiles on faces for years to come  

Form  Stereo power amplifier  Output  Stereo: 300W+300W (a sinusoidal consecutive output, load-impedance 2/4/8ohm) 
      Mono-bridge: 600W (a sinusoidal consecutive output, load-impedance 4/8/16ohm) 
      Mono-parallel: 600W (a sinusoidal consecutive output, load-impedance 1/2/4ohm)  Output load impedance  Stereo: 2 ohm, 4ohm, 8ohm 
      Mono-bridge: 4/8/16ohm 
      Mono-parallel: 1/2/4ohm  Output frequency band  20Hz - 20kHz  THD  Stereo: 0.005% or less
      (at the time of 20Hz - 20kHz, 250mW-300W, and both channel drive) 
      Monophonic recording: 0.005% or less 
      (at the time of 20Hz - 20kHz, 250mW-600W, and both channel drive)  Cross modulation distortion 
      (at the time of 20Hz - 20kHz, and both channel drive)  Stereo: 0.005% or less 
      (a one side channel and less than peek 300W) 
      Monophonic recording: 0.005% or less 
      (it is attached to a one side channel and is less than peek 600W)  Frequency band (at the time of 1W output)  20Hz - 20kHz, and +0 -0.25 dB 
      10Hz - 100kHz, and +0 -3.0 dB  SN ratio  105dB or less (at the time of an Output power A Wei Ted)  Dynamic head room  1.9dB(IHF)  Dumping factor  40 or more  Input impedance  20kohms (unbalance) 
      40kohms (equilibrium)  Input sensitivity  2.5V and 1.4V switching  Power guarding  It is less than THD2% to over-drive 14dB at 1kHz.  Power source  AC100V, 50Hz/60 Hz, 0.6A-13A  Dimensions  Width 443x height 196x depth of 420mm (termination included)  Weight  35kg 

• By Audionerd
      Item: McIntosh MA252 Hybrid Integrated Amplifier
      Price: $5800 (RRP $7495). Donation to SNA on sale
      Item Condition: Mint with all packaging, manual & remote
      Reason for selling: Selling for friend
      Payment Method: Cash, Bank transfer or Paypal
      Extra Info: Recently released hybrid model combining the best of valve (preamp) and solid-state (power amp) circuit design in a visually and sonically stunning package. With a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis, McIntosh has taken retro design cues from its legendary tube power amps and incorporated modern conveniences like comprehensive remote control adjustments, overload protection and inbuilt phono stage. These features make the amplifier very flexible and easy to use, without sacrificing the musicality for which McIntosh is famous. Advanced high current output transistors are coupled to the heat sinks in a way which allegedly eliminates warm-up time.
      Bass, treble, tone bypass, balance and input offset levels can be adjusted using front panel knobs or remote control with an advanced microprocessor. All 4 inputs (1 pair balanced, 2 pairs RCA and 1 pair MM phono) can be electronically selected, labelled or adjusted and displayed on the OLED screen. 
      While the valve front end imparts typical sweetness and warmth, the 100W RMS @ 8 ohms (160W RMS @ 4 ohms) output is enough to drive all but the most power hungry speakers. Several recently patented technologies have been included in this model, including "Power Guard, Sentry Monitor, High Drive (headphone amplifier) and Monogrammed Heatsinks" making it the best value McIntosh model ever produced.
      This particular unit is a virtually flawless example of the model and therefore a great option for someone wanting a versatile and beautifully made amplifier using current technologies, without the high price tag.
      As the original carton is included, freight at the buyer's expense is an option.