Next Gen OLED TVs

@:) al yes, that stand folds flush with the tv and you mount that to the wall, so it'll be thicker that your average current 4K LCD. 

Sure, it's picture is probably superb, but the implementation of the audio is ridiculous. 

Edited by Sime

On 16/08/2017 at 11:28 PM, Keith_W said:

OK then, does anybody know when the 77" OLED's will arrive in Australia? :)

Keith

LG have them now.  Place your order and they will order one for you $39,999  :P

http://www.lg.com/au/tvs/lg-OLED77W7T-oled-4k-tv

Edited by metal beat
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Keith_W said:

OUCHHHHHHHHH!!! I wasn't planning on spending that much!!!

If you really want a 75/77 inch.  Buy the top of range Sony LCD with full backlight array - 9400E is out now i think.  You can get one of these for around 6K and will keep you very happy till the OLED 77 inch comes down to lower than 10K.

I love my 7400C

cheers

On 27/08/2017 at 7:35 PM, Sime said:

And who the hell leans a tv backwards. 

It has to lean backwards because it doesn't have a stand and the rear section with the subwoofer,electronics and a ton of ballast to stop it tipping forward is a cheaper alternative to LG's wall hanging panel with seperate sound bar and electronics.Most consumers are looking for a decent midrange option and Sony have missed the mark this year by not having one.As for the sales staff who are left trying to sell something that the consumer doesn't want well i usually just laugh in the face at there stupid advice.

Well I'm kinda aware as to why it's leaning back, the fact is, it should have been designed better so it didn't have to learn back.

No stand? Easily fixed at the design stage……………

10 hours ago, metal beat said:

If you really want a 75/77 inch.  Buy the top of range Sony LCD with full backlight array - 9400E is out now i think.  You can get one of these for around 6K and will keep you very happy till the OLED 77 inch comes down to lower than 10K.

I love my 7400C

cheers

Pretty sure the X9300/400 are edgelit... but perform extremely well for edgelit.

The X9000E is the FALD model.

JSmith :ninja:

1 minute ago, Sime said:

Well I'm kinda aware as to why it's leaning back, the fact is, it should have been designed better so it didn't have to learn back.

Curved screens could have been easily fixed at the design stage by one person in the board room with an ounce of common sense speaking up and say NO!Two years later curved screens are dead and Samsung's shareholders are paying a heavy price for the one person not speaking up and say what we all knew from the start."you design guys are a bunch of d!ckheads" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Sime said:

Double post

Edited by IviewHD

On 16/08/2017 at 8:29 PM, Sime said:

I'm still waiting for Sony to release the 49" X90 TV into the stores. 

I went looking for this last weekend and was disappointed not to find one.I'm running dual 32" 2560x1440 PC monitors and was thinking 49" @ 4k might just retire my dual setup and double as a good second screen for foxtel.

39 minutes ago, JSmith said:

Pretty sure the X9300/400 are edgelit... but perform extremely well for edgelit.

The X9000E is the FALD model.

thanks JSmith - you are correct.    Sony 75X940C and 940D were FALD screens, but now they have changed the model and the 940E is edge.  WTF?  These manufacturers seriously are brain dead sometimes with the lack of logic in new models.

It looks like the X9000E is the FALD model  Is the 65 inch also FALD?   the Sony web site is vague.   You definately must get the 75 inch with FALD.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/325340

review here to confuse things more with the model naming

http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/kd75xe9405-201706204482.htm

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, metal beat said:

These manufacturers seriously are brain dead sometimes with the lack of logic in new models.

Big time... they love to confuse the sh!t out of us all. :laugh:

There are even variations within the same model range, i.e. some using IPS others VA.

It definitely pays to research before buying. Rtings seem to think the X9300E (930E in US) rates slightly higher than the FALD model... but I'd be going the FALD as well if buying another LED LCD.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, metal beat said:

I love my 7400C

Considering how slowly I upgrade my TV's, I am prepared to wait a few years for the price of the OLED to drop. My TV (a 55" Fujitsu plasma) is now 11 years old. 

7 hours ago, metal beat said:

thanks JSmith - you are correct.    Sony 75X940C and 940D were FALD screens, but now they have changed the model and the 940E is edge.  WTF?  These manufacturers seriously are brain dead sometimes with the lack of logic in new models.

It looks like the X9000E is the FALD model  Is the 65 inch also FALD?   the Sony web site is vague.   You definately must get the 75 inch with FALD.

Your safe with any of the Sony 9000;s  the 49;65 and 75'' are all specced FALD :ahappy:  When they start with the  "'Slim Backlight Drive+'' and don't tell you which edges are lit as multiple leds costs more ...  

Backlight type Direct LED

• Backlight dimming type Local Dimming

•  

X9000E, all sizes, are FALD.

X9300E and X9400E are edge lite, except for the 75" models which are FALD. However, from the rtings review;

The local dimming feature of the X930E works surprisingly well for an edge-lit TV. Blooming still happens when there is a very bright highlight, but it looks much better than on the 2016

X930D when compared side by side, even though the X930E is much brighter. The local dimming reacts really fast and you don't really see the changing of zones when the small white dot is moving fast.

When compared to the X900E, a full array backlight TV with local dimming, the X930E local dimming feels more refined and in the end, the result looks a bit better.

The

X930E is edge lit but has multiple backlight layers that guide the light to different zones, and it actually has better local dimming than the X900E's full array.

• Like 1

Looking for 55" and have always liked Sony, but haveowned / do own a few Samsung that are ok.

The Sony X9000E looks ok at 2k, but should I wait for the Sony OLED A1 price to drop? Still way out of my range at around $4K.

Are there decent deals on X93E / X94E anywhere? I can only find this model on the Sony website (for 4K).