Schematic Needed - VTL Super Deluxe Pre

Hi All, 

The VTL Super Deluxe is a late 80's early 90's model preamplifier that I currently have in my system. VTL say they don't have a schematic and neither does the NZ agent or a well respected tech here in NZ.

So does anyone have a schematic for this?

Long shot but you never know....

Cheers

Hi - you are being told a load of codswallop. The schematics are documented in the Vacuum Tube Logic Book by David Manley.

If you PM me your email I can scan you a copy of the relevant phono & line stages and a skeletal diagram of the power supply.

There might be some gaps or changes but should be enough for a competent tech to figure it out. I had one of these a few years ago.

• Like 2

Hi - you are being told a load of codswallop. The schematics are documented in the Vacuum Tube Logic Book by David Manley.

If you PM me your email I can scan you a copy of the relevant phono & line stages and a skeletal diagram of the power supply.

There might be some gaps or changes but should be enough for a competent tech to figure it out. I had one of these a few years ago.

Hi, yeah thought it was a bit strange! That would be excellent. Thanks for your help... PM sent Cheers

• 3 years later...

@12ax7 Hello.  I believe I contacted you some months ago with the same request of another forum member: I’m looking for a schematic for the VTL Super Deluxe preamp.  You mentioned that the essential schematic would be included in David Manley’s Vacuum Tube Logic book, and offered to scan the relevant pages.  Could I ask you to do the same for me?  Jim Gicking, email jgicking@mac.com

I emailed VTL and was told by a Bea (some other user mentioned her name from a post years ago), that they needed 6-week lead time for repairs, and that I would have to bear an “initial diagnostic” charge of 2hours X $85/hour before I’d receive a repair estimate.  I’m a bit peeved and would rather find a competent local tech for the job.

By the way, I’ve looked for a copy of the Manley book, can’t find it in print, in local libraries, or used book stores.

Thank you in advance.  Jim

• Like 1

[mention=105360]12ax7[/mention] Hello.  I believe I contacted you some months ago with the same request of another forum member: I’m looking for a schematic for the VTL Super Deluxe preamp.  You mentioned that the essential schematic would be included in David Manley’s Vacuum Tube Logic book, and offered to scan the relevant pages.  Could I ask you to do the same for me?  Jim Gicking, email jgicking@mac.com

I emailed VTL and was told by a Bea (some other user mentioned her name from a post years ago), that they needed 6-week lead time for repairs, and that I would have to bear an “initial diagnostic” charge of 2hours X $85/hour before I’d receive a repair estimate.  I’m a bit peeved and would rather find a competent local tech for the job.

By the way, I’ve looked for a copy of the Manley book, can’t find it in print, in local libraries, or used book stores.

Thank you in advance.  Jim

I use a VTL Ultimate Preamplifier in my system and have a copy of a schematic that a tech used as a guide to do a repair for me. He said it was not the circuit diagram, but worked around it.

Happy to send it to you, if you think it might be helpful.
I did have a super deluxe years ago- last century! Will rummage through my files to see if I still have any paperwork on that!

• 8 months later...