My Living Room 2.0 System

54 minutes ago, Cardiiiii said:

For some reason I thought the Innuos cost $20k. Now that I’ve realised it doesn’t, I’m very interested in your thoughts!

There is one that cost $20K, but Im not interested in that one either.

Just getting to grips with it and will comment further when I get a sense of the "house sound" (and decide on the appropriate cable - trying out a Nordost Heimdall 2 USB this weekend).

Have to say that using the Innuos/Roon combination with SqueezeLite running is a huge leap in sonic performance. Many have been saying it comes at a cost (stability) but so far no issues here.

2020-10-06.thumb.png.dbb657d4687aee1d74890aa69cf4637c.png

Edited by Hydrology

• 2 weeks later...

On 22/10/2020 at 2:53 PM, Cardiiiii said:

More thoughts on the Innuos?

It’s been fun listening to music that I’ve played 1000s of times before through the Roon Nucleus. The Innuos has a more organic nature to it and a great sense of depth to the soundstage.

My only regret is not buying the ZENith instead!

• Like 3

On 24/10/2020 at 1:08 AM, Hydrology said:

It’s been fun listening to music that I’ve played 1000s of times before through the Roon Nucleus. The Innuos has a more organic nature to it and a great sense of depth to the soundstage.

My only regret is not buying the ZENith instead!

Thanks mate, do you have any experience with the Auralic G1 and how it compares to the Zen Mk III?

6 hours ago, Cardiiiii said:

Thanks mate, do you have any experience with the Auralic G1 and how it compares to the Zen Mk III?

Haven’t. No interest in the Auralic range due to lack of Android support.

Plus the Auralic range can’t act as a Roon Core.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

3 hours ago, Mendes said:

Very keen to hear your impressions.....??????

Fitted and.....wow!

Like a veil has been lifted. Dynamics, imaging, detail - noticeable improvements across the board. Other things I need to do today but just can’t pull myself away from playing another record!

765882EA-7F75-4944-AEA2-1C40E6D8AD2F.thumb.jpeg.e603df076860a02a04cf54b95a341de9.jpeg

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

22 minutes ago, Galactic Soap said:

Would love to hear your impressions re: the DAVE vs the H390's internal DAC. :) 

Sure you would, poor Mark is probably in the denial stage right now, telling himself the 590 dac is just fine.

But no, you want him to type the truth in written form, not cool soapy ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Ray H said:

Sure you would, poor Mark is probably in the denial stage right now, telling himself the 590 dac is just fine.

But no, you want him to type the truth in written form, not cool soapy ??

Objection your honor! ?

The original request was genuine in nature! LOL! In truth, genuinely looking forward to hearing Mark's view on what differences, if any, he can hear. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1