Calling all Tassie Devils ! GTG ?

hi guys, noticed we don't have a GTG sub forum for Tassie ? apparently only due to lack of interest ? am surprised ! 

anyways to spur this along….

am heading over to tassie for work 10-14th August, and travelling across north to south to north-west.

be great to catch up with some of you guys while over. it could be for lunch or one evening. let me know if any interest :)

• Like 2

Always good for a catch up if I'm not working Al - PM me with your schedule.

Faaaaaark, 10 years Wally - yeah, I guess I was one of the very early members along with Mondie, Leon and Marc.

Always good for a catch up if I'm not working Al - PM me with your schedule.

Faaaaaark, 10 years Wally - yeah, I guess I was one of the very early members along with Mondie, Leon and Marc.

ah great to hear from you Andrew, not sure whereabouts you are in tassie, was it hobart ?...

my trip is a bit like this 

10th morning Devonport drive across to Launceston. stay the night.

11th next morning in Launceston drive across to hobart to drive there in the evening.

12th in hobart

13th lunchtime am driving across to kingston. and then after lunch heading back to Launceston stay the night

14th morning driving through to Burnie and then Edith creek, afternoon drive back to Devonport and head home :)

happy to catch up with people along the way whether over lunch or in the evening.

Good thinking Al. I would be interested if there is a get-together. It would be my first, so could be fun. Or my head could explode from all the things hi-fi related that I don't understand.  :(

hi AF whereabouts in tassie are you ? 

re gtgs few ways to go about, it could be catching up someones house if possible...people can byo everything so no impost on the host....we'd need a willing host...

am not sure what hifi/av stores/retailers there are in tassie land and where, not sure of any sponsors we have there, and not sure they'd be willing....am willing to give them a shot if there is interest. just need some pointers.

otherwise we could just meet up at some local spot for a drink/eat thats convenient affordable :)

ah great to hear from you Andrew, not sure whereabouts you are in tassie, was it hobart ?...

my trip is a bit like this 

10th morning Devonport drive across to Launceston. stay the night.

11th next morning in Launceston drive across to hobart to drive there in the evening.

12th in hobart

13th lunchtime am driving across to kingston. and then after lunch heading back to Launceston stay the night

14th morning driving through to Burnie and then Edith creek, afternoon drive back to Devonport and head home :)

happy to catch up with people along the way whether over lunch or in the evening.

Al,

I'm in Strahan (far west coast beyond Mordor) - so the very closest to me you will get is Burnie which is more than a 2.5 hr drive (if the road isn't snowed in)

Either Launceston or Hobart are 4hr drives - again weather permitting.

Given they are all weekdays and I work 7.30 till 4 for Strahan Village then 4.30 till 7.30pm for Strahan Marine Charters it isn't going to happen mate :( 

• Like 1

Al,

I'm in Strahan (far west coast beyond Mordor) - so the very closest to me you will get is Burnie which is more than a 2.5 hr drive (if the road isn't snowed in)

Either Launceston or Hobart are 4hr drives - again weather permitting.

Given they are all weekdays and I work 7.30 till 4 for Strahan Village then 4.30 till 7.30pm for Strahan Marine Charters it isn't going to happen mate :(

goodness ! and I thought I was getting within ear shot of most parts of tassie. I just looked up strahan, you really have tucked yourself away :D

but gosh it must be a lovely part of the world to live in...I do hope I get there one day soon...though not this trip. work likely take me to tassie 3 times a year so will hopefully get there some stage :)

• Like 1

Nice idea however my man cave only seats three. I'm in Hobart and am free that night (Wednesday) if something eventuates will keep an eye on this post.

Cheers Peter

thanks Peter, we do have another hobartian interested to catchup so never know :)

ps while the system and hifi tends to get interest in a gtg, often more a chance for people to catch up so can take second fiddle ! 

heading south GM ?  :)

ps guys been given headsup that as far as audio/av/hifi retailers in tassie....

there is "Quantum and ehome partnership" in Sandy Bay.

and there is also "Home Theater Entertainment" in Launceston...

let me know if any others,

​can look them up see if they have any interest...in hosting something...though I know from past experience this will be directly related to level of interest...and not a lot of interest factor have seen as yet.

Hello @al

While you are in Burnie, drop in for lunch or dinner.

Have a gander at the battery rig, bring a hdd.

Very welcome

Matt

:welcome:

Hello @al

While you are in Burnie, drop in for lunch or dinner.

Have a gander at the battery rig, bring a hdd.

Very welcome

Matt

:welcome:

Awesome ! Thankyou for the generosity matt ! I should be in Burnie on 14th at lunchtime 1pm +/- 30 min, I'll drop you a line hopefully can pop by, would very much like to experience the 125db battery powered monster :) ... Will bring a usb stick !

Just found this last night. Don't know if Robin or Dave etc have seen it either - is it uncool to PM us?

Count me in - I can meet in Hobart or Kingston, or if you have time and wheels, my bush shack is about 20 mins further south-west (take a deep breath) at Mountain River. Not very big or salubrious, but lots of speakers and bits.

Oh I just looked up salubrious, and the other meaning is "(especially of air, climate, etc) favorable to health; promoting health" - plenty of that, maybe more in a character-building sense, but it's the edge of wilderness/wild river and biodynamic farm and we could do some Feldenkrais if we ran out of stuff to talk about...

Thanks for the good idea.

Quantum is worth a look. Apart from selling Rotel they have one of the most beautiful stone walls in the universe - except they curse it because it doesn't sound right.

• Like 1

@@BioBrian so far in this thread from Hobart we have

@@Arcade Fireman

@@Crosscourt121

Plus myself

And quite possibly by the sounds there might be 2-3 others interested

wed 12th evening perhaps to aim for,

Does anyone know anyone at quantum ? Could be just a matter of them hanging back couple of hours or so after closing...

Unless otherwise someone happy to have us over at their place

We could all byo something so no cost/burden to host

Or we can meet up someplace...though not having been in Hobart for years pretty poor on ideas :)

All good.

Owner of Quantum is Rob McPhee.  He was there well before he sold me my Yamaha turntable, before I got the power on in 1986. I had to take my generator there, park it in the street outside, run a cable into the shop, and test the TT for speed - it was the only one with a DC motor. So is he accommodating? - maybe things change...

• Like 1

All good.

Owner of Quantum is Rob McPhee. He was there well before he sold me my Yamaha turntable, before I got the power on in 1986. I had to take my generator there, park it in the street outside, run a cable into the shop, and test the TT for speed - it was the only one with a DC motor. So is he accommodating? - maybe things change...

Have rung and left a message for rob mc phee to give me call... Let's see what happens ....

Rob M is a really good guy in my books. The Republic bar in North Hobart often have good gigs so might be a good place to meet. There is a reggae band playing that night. I'd have it at my place but I have little ones that would really be in the way. I know there are a couple of other Hobart based members - I might message them as they may have missed this thread.

• Like 1