Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ashhhhh

JVC Z1s cartridge

Guest Ashhhhh

Hey all,

Hoping you guru's can advise me here.

I have a JVC QL-F4 which I love dearly, it currently runs a AT95e cartridge. Its nice enough but its due for a new stylus.

I also have a number of older carts including the Z1s which is probably the original for this deck. (all these carts came with the table when I purchased)

By all reports the Z1s is a nice cart so I would like to get a stylus and test it out. I'm looking at the Jico SAS item.

So my questions;

1) Am I crazy and should I stick with at AT unit instead?

2) Is this the right stylus - http://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1293
    Confusingly its listed under "Victor Nivico", who presumably manufactured it?

3) I also have a Shure M75ED II, a Shure M75-6S and a Jelco MC-14. Are any of these half decent?

The rest of my setup consists of a Cyrus 2 (+PSX which should arrive this week thanks to a forum member!) and a pair of Richter Paladin's.

Many thanks,

Ash

Guest Hensa

Victor and JVC are one and the same (Victor Company of Japan).

That looks like the right stylus and JICO SAS stylii are very well regarded generally so it would likely sound very good. For the price though, there are also plenty of other options for good (new) MM cartridges and no risk that the cartridge body internals haven't deteriorated with time. Look at the Ortofon OM range, Nagaoka and Audio Technica and there are multiple examples for under $150.

I can't comment on the Shure and the Jelco carts but @@catman may be able to assist as he has a long history with Shure.

The AT95 is a killer cart, forget that it’s cheap. There are aftermarket styli for these all the way from hyper elliptical HE to microline. Paratrace make a great one, designated the ATN95P. I’ve got one on my LP12. But check out the SA (Shibata) and VL (Vivid Line) as well. They are both nice.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ericcklau
      Price: $350 Item Condition: Like new Shipping Options: Pickup is available Suburb or Town: Turramurra 2074 State: New South Wales Payment Method: PayPal, cash on pickup Reason for selling: Upgrade to GT2000 Further information: JVC JL-A40 turntable in great condition, comes with JVC Z-1S cartridge. Auto stop and return tonearm. 
       100% work in top condition. For local pickup only.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By mgrobins
      Item: JVC DLA X-35 Projector
      Price: $1100 (price edited after reviewing other information. Sorry for any inconvenience).
      Item Condition: Used - perfect condition
      Reason for selling: lack of use & need to re-purpose HT area
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Projector is fully functional with only 484hrs on lamp.
      All original parts such as 3D glasses, manual etc are included 
      Original box for safe travel.
      Cosmetically perfect  when wiped down (excuse some fingerprints and dust in image).

Projector info: X-35 Review 

Darbee Doublet 5000 and TP-Link Wireless access point included (WAP is for IP control of projector).

I am selling an Anamorphic lens and screen as well (see advertisements). They are not included with this sale / price. I will happily neg a great price if you purchase them as a package.

Specs:

Brightness: 1,300 Lumens Contrast: 50,000:1 (full on/off) Resolution: 1920x1080 Native Aspect Ratio: 16:9 (HD) Color Processing: 8-bit Projector Size: 18 cm x 45 cm x 47 cm (HxWxD) Weight: 14.8 kg Video Modes: 720p, 1080i, 1080p/60, 1080p/24, 1080p/50, 480p, 480i Data Modes: MAX 1920x1080 3D Modes: Full HD 3D 3D Glasses Type: Shutter Lamp Life: 3,000 hours  / 4,000 hours (eco) Lamp Type: NSH Lamp Wattage: 230 Watts Lamp Quantity: 1 Lamp Code: PK-L2312U Display Type: 2 cm D-ILA (3) Std. Zoom Lens: Powered, 2.00:1 Std. Lens Focus: Powered Optional Lenses: No Lens Shift: Horizontal +/-34.0% & Vertical +/-80.0% Throw Distance: 4.6 m - 6.1 m Image Size: 187 cm - 500 cm Throw Ratio: 1.40:1 - 2.80:1 (D:W) Projector Placement: For a cm diagonal screen, place the projector lens between 3.1 m and 6.2 m from the screen. Digital Keystone: No Audible Noise: ** Speakers: No Max Power: 330 Watts Voltage: 100V - 240V Connection Panel: Component (RCA),  Network (RJ-45),  RS232 (DB-9pin),  12-Volt Trigger,  HDMI 1.4a,  HDMI 1.4a  

• By warmtone
      Item: High end MC Cartridge: Ortofon or Brinkmann/EMT or equivalent
      Price Range: 2Kish
      Item Condition: Low hours in top condition 
      Extra Info For a Brinkmann LaGrange Turntable/arm
    • By thejt
      Item: Garrott P77 Cartridge with headshell
      Price: 220 
      Item Condition: looks ok
      Reason for selling: amps inbuilt phono not really compatible
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, Direct Deposit
      Extra Info:
      I picked this up with a turntable with the intent to install it on my main rig. Unfortunately the amps inbuilt phono stage doesn't play nice with it's low output and i don't have any means to adjust. I don't know exactly how old it is. I have tried it on another system and it sounds great. I will throw in a headshell from my old turntable to ensure that is safely shipped in the box for the new cartridge I bought.

• By surprisetech
      Item:  JVC RX-5022V. 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital/dts/ProLogic II Receiver.
      Price:  $100 +Postage at cost if required.
      Item Condition:  Very good used condition.
      Reason for selling: Deceased estate.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      One of my father in law's AVRs.  This was the heart of his main system and was still in use until September last year.
      Includes Optical & Coaxial S/PDIF inputs, but no HDMI.
      Very well looked after and fully functional.  Includes original remote control and User Manual.