Sign in to follow this  
Darren69

Batman Vs Superman

I came in here thinking this was another valve v solid state debate. Carry on.

Give it a few pages.

Then I will mention Nazis.

Just watched trailer. That does look cool. This is a whole area of comic book mythology I must of missed whilst having girlfriends and playing sport. Hahaha

Seriously though how does a man defeat an alien. Very cool plot.

Are you guys really getting worked up about who is better?

It is obviously Superman. Anyone who is game to wear his undies on the outside must be good. The man is a god!! [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How would he go against Thor I wonder. Never figured out how Iron Man could compete with Thor. Isn't he a god?

What have gods come to these day?

I'm Batman

How would he go against Thor I wonder. Never figured out how Iron Man could compete with Thor. Isn't he a god?

What have gods come to these day?

Chris Hemsworth never looked like a Norse God anyway, just a dude leaving a Home & Away costume party ;)

What about Wonder Woman vs Catwoman. I'd like to see that.

Guest Muon

Supergirl will clean them both up, she has all of Superman's abilities but has the added superpower of being hot!

Supergirl will clean them both up, 

Enuff said :P

Superman is still the ultimate superhero.

Still they had to kill him (Superman) in 1992 because he wasn't selling enough. And then after a few months they brought him back on the same storyline, fought the creature that killed him before and won, then there came the battle of Metropolis, then he lost his powers, then he got all electronic-like... fas as I know, he's as we know it at this point in time.

Not being enough, around the same time Bane crippled Batman, then he got better, then there was an alternative Batman who went all religious crazy, then Robin (Richard Grayson) was the Batman for a while... and that all in the 90's.

After that, I stopped with the comics... didn't have much time anymore, but I still have some of them lying around somewhere, a modest collection.

So very keen to read both Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns   :thumb:

Do it, they are two of a trio of comics/graphic novels that defined the pinnacle of what could be achieve in this media form (The other being the Sandman, which will be getting its own movie soon).

If you like reading Batman comics, also try Alan Moore's The Killing Joke, and Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. 

Do it, they are two of a trio of comics/graphic novels that defined the pinnacle of what could be achieve in this media form (The other being the Sandman, which will be getting its own movie soon).

If you like reading Batman comics, also try Alan Moore's The Killing Joke, and Frank Miller's Batman: Year One. 

I picked up Watchmen at the library for a quick look, spookily close to the movie, couldn't put it down ;)

Only Bats comic I've read was Batman/Judge Dredd: Judgment on Gotham, which was great, I really liked the stylized artwork.

Big Spidey fan as a kid, I had an extra large comic book of Spidey and Lizard and saw the original Spidey 1977 movie in the cinemas, and later read the Spidey clone saga recommended by a mate, which really was a saga never bloody ending and no real big pay-off, loved the McFarlane Spidey, and so started collecting Spawn... yeah...

Sandman, cool thanks :thumb:

Still they had to kill him (Superman) in 1992 because he wasn't selling enough. And then after a few months they brought him back on the same storyline, fought the creature that killed him before and won, then there came the battle of Metropolis, then he lost his powers, then he got all electronic-like... fas as I know, he's as we know it at this point in time.

Not being enough, around the same time Bane crippled Batman, then he got better, then there was an alternative Batman who went all religious crazy, then Robin (Richard Grayson) was the Batman for a while... and that all in the 90's.

After that, I stopped with the comics... didn't have much time anymore, but I still have some of them lying around somewhere, a modest collection.

Felt the same with the Spidy clone saga, especailly the Robin being Bats for while, as though they run out of ideas, so they come up with these crazy ideas?

Edited by likwidsh0k

What about Wonder Woman vs Catwoman. I'd like to see that.

With all these reboots/remakes why do they keep remaking great movies creating rubbish versions, instead make better versions of rubbish movies?

Hi

Anyone seen the movie ?

I was reading Batman at that time, it was a pretty good story I thought actually.  With some nice artwork at times too.

I was reading Batman at that time, it was a pretty good story I thought actually.  With some nice artwork at times too.

Oh, I didn't mean to criticise the story at all! I found them pretty good myself, to the point of going to search for all books until I got the Superman - Battle of Metropolis and the Batman / Azrael collection complete.

Yeah sorry no judgement on the Bats comics, as haven't read them, just the Spidey clone saga, very aptly titled..

wiki sauce: The story is one of the most controversial Spider-Man stories ever told. Although it was intended to wrap up in less than a year, the comics sold very well and the writers were encouraged to prolong the saga as long as possible. This led to some changes to the storyline that ultimately proved unpopular.

Yep, that pretty much covers it :)

If you've read "the dark knight returns", you'd understand why batman will win. Superman has strength and speed. Batman has brains and resources (and as a result, kryptonite). Once you take away superman's powers, then he's at a disadvantage. He's relied on his powers in a fight, so he wouldn't learnt to fight. Batman has no powers, so he had to learn to fight. It's no contest.

Also worth noting. It's common knowledge among comic nerds that batman has individual plans to take down any super powered hero who might go rogue.

^  Lol.

Edited by Kaynin

I haven't seen the show yet. :)

Guest Sime

As good as a YouTube pisstake gets.