Sign in to follow this  
wolster

Wimbledon 2015

Bit late to start this thread with most Aussies now out of the running.

Just wondered how many others are currently barracking for Gasquet against our Kyrgios.

Not often I cheer for someone playing against an Aussie but I really hope Kyrgios loses, given his continuing obnoxious behaviour in this match.

He is in need of a lesson.

I can't stand his behavoiur, but I hope the aussie gets up. Will be a great comeback if he can pull it off...................again!! :D

Cheers,

Keith

Nick Kyrgios is a  breath of fresh air on the tennis circuit.    Mats Wilander agrees.

He is 20, give the kid a break.  Yes he is cocky, he loves the NBL so his half gangster act is what he believes in at this point in his life.

He is quite amusing and one heck of a tennis player.

He is having a hard time on the court currently against Gasquet, so to win he has to do it in 5 sets.

I think the Joker and Murray are the gave for the title thou.

Edited by metal beat

He can do his half gangster act if he wants. Just don't expect me to cheer for him ;)

Is it my imagination or was he better behaved last year?

Or could it all be part of a marketing exercise?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rMrkyMn-sY

Well, he couldn't pull the rabbit out of the hat again this year, but he's had a good tournament, nonetheless. I think Kyrgios's behaviour may have been to his detriment in the that fourth set and I believe we'll see a massive improvement in his game when he learns to concentrate, not necessarily better, but in a different way.

And yeah, @, I think Jokovic and Murray are hard to go past for the title, but I would like to see Roger lift the cup one more time though.

Cheers,

Keith

Interesting the way the umpires treat Kyrgios and other players compared to say the top players.?

He gets a warning for swearing after he lost his serve in 2nd set.    I have seen Murray behaving like the swear bear and at Wimbledon, yet I have never seen a warning given.

Nick was changing his socks in the 3rd set. Umpire shows zero respect and tells him he better hurry up. WTF

Seems to be different rules sometimes.

I thought he handled the sock incident quite well. The code violation, not so much.

Even though he through the second set, the 4th was there for the taking and I think Gasquet would've had a tough time exorcising his demons and stopping Kyrgios from taking the match. Alas, perhaps fittingly, a couple of double faults sealed the deal.

Edited by Jone5y

Swear bear, haha! Love it.

Tomic had a pretty good blast too on the weekend, haha!!

Would love to see Sam 'David Lee' Groth go well in his future.

Did certainly look bad and it's disappointing when a professional sportsperson doesn't give 100% but it's not the first time a tennis player has given up on a game - and we are only talking about 1 game here, not a few games in a row or a whole set. Sometimes it's to conserve energy or you've got an injury, it might beto get back on your serve faster so you can find some rhythm or to just get to the next end change break faster to regain your focus.

Whatever the reason, it does happen but it doesn't look good.

Edited by ~Spyne~

Tanking?---his was medium play compared the that Aussie woman that let the rowing team down at the Olympics--THAT was Tanking-and took the rest with her--shame

"Lay down Sally"--song fits the bill alright :(

Willco

He's a spoilt brat from what I 'see' !

Some of the crap that came out of his mouth at Wimbledon, the most prestigious tournament in tennis, was downright disrespectful !

If he's 'only 20 and young' (from what some people say), then he should go back to lower grade tennis and learn to 'grow up' before he is taken seriously!

He could be a great player, but it's the 'mental' part of the game that separates the 'men' from the wannabe's!

Speaking of spoilt brats  - there is this guy called Federer.  Boy does he go bananas   :P

You guys really need to get some perspective and get of Kyrgios's back  ;)

http://www.oregonlive.com/the-spin-of-the-ball/index.ssf/2015/01/you_cannot_be_serious_how_roge.html#6

And the rest of the big boys for tantrums   :popcorn:

http://www.oregonlive.com/the-spin-of-the-ball/index.ssf/2015/01/you_cannot_be_serious_how_roge.html#0

As a taxpayer I am satisfied that the tens of thousands of dollars to put this player on the world stage have been well spent. He is a great advertisement for Australia and it's harsh that the English are putting him in the same basket as the cricket team.

He can do his half gangster act if he wants. Just don't expect me to cheer for him ;)

Is it my imagination or was he better behaved last year?

The guy is a ****** bag, could barrack for such a knob, Australian or not

The same  reason I started going for Sri Lanka in the cricket bck in the 90's

Early in the tournament  Kyrgios called an official a Scumbag and then he denied it and said he was referring to himself. Next match he gave a press conference and sarcastically said that an official thought he was "Top Dog". Next up he obviously tanked . He is only young and hopefully he will learn that to be successful it is actually not necessary to be an arsehole. Hopefully he will not emulate Tomic with his "Sense of Entitlement" antics

...and another thing. Did anyone notice how many were in the 'Aussie fanatics' support group in the Kyrgios match? I counted seven. 

Compare that to any other match involving an Aussie at this Wimbledon.

Early in the tournament  Kyrgios called an official a Scumbag and then he denied it and said he was referring to himself. Next match he gave a press conference and sarcastically said that an official thought he was "Top Dog". Next up he obviously tanked . He is only young and hopefully he will learn that to be successful it is actually not necessary to be an arsehole. Hopefully he will not emulate Tomic with his "Sense of Entitlement" antics

For you or anyone else to say Kyrgios "tanked" proves you know very little about tennis or the way its played. 

Don't listen to me, listen to Roger Federer's press conference yesterday when the couple ahole reporters (not tennis) asked the same thing about tanking and Kyrgios.

cheers :)

Edited by metal beat

I think Kyrgios is the new andre agassi [emoji4]

For you or anyone else to say Kyrgios "tanked" proves you know very little about tennis or the way its played. 

Don't listen to me, listen to Roger Federer's press conference yesterday when the couple ahole reporters (not tennis) asked the same thing about tanking and Kyrgios.

cheers :)

Just expressing my opinion. I assume the match commentators who also said he tanked know something about tennis.

In any case he better grow up quick otherwise he will turn off the sponsors and fans even quicker

In any case he better grow up quick otherwise he will turn off the sponsors and fans even quicker

Lol, you probably haven't seen his Beats commercials. 

And yeah, @, I think Jokovic and Murray are hard to go past for the title, but I would like to see Roger lift the cup one more time though.

Cheers,

Keith

I see that Djokovic was pushed hard in the fourth round, down two sets to love (both tiebreakers) before winning the fifth set 7-5.  Don't discount Stan in the semis, Joko has had some trouble with him in the past.

In the other half of the draw, Murray is certainly the pick.  But I too would love to see Roger have one more go at a grand slam final.

As for Kyrgios, the less said about him the better.  Just ask Dawn Fraser :lol: :lol: :ban:

Edited by brumby

I see that Djokovic was pushed hard in the fourth round, down two sets to love (both tiebreakers) before winning the fifth set 7-5.  Don't discount Stan in the semis, Joko has had some trouble with him in the past.

In the other half of the draw, Murray is certainly the pick.  But I too would love to see Roger have one more go at a grand slam final.

As for Kyrgios, the less said about him the better.  Just ask Dawn Fraser :lol: :lol: :ban:

Yeah, brumby, I watched the Djokovic v Anderson match and I think anyone would have found Anderson tough on the day as he's in good form at the moment and with that huge serve and on grass, I'm not surprised that Djokovic had trouble with him.

I agree about Stan and I'm looking forward to watching his quarter with Gasquet, with arguably the two best backhands in the game today going head to head. I think it will be Djokovic v Wawrinka semi in the top half and Murray v Federer in the bottom half.....................potentially some very good matches to look forward to.

Cheers,

Keith

WOW. , watching Federer play last night was a real pleasure.  

50 odd winners and only 11 unforced errors.  That is the cleanest he has hit the ball over 3 sets since about 2006.  Credit to Murray for staying close and fighting all match.

It would be really nice if Federer could maintain most of the form in the final, however that will be very difficult.

Hopefully great final with Joker on Sunday night.

Edited by metal beat

I love watching Federer. He has to be the most graceful and copybook tennis players that has ever played the game!

Great 'single-handed' backhand that I admire but are very few in today's players. Locked, loaded....and pull the trigger!

Gasquet and Stan also have great single-handed backhands.