NO LONGER AVAILABLE: FS: Benchmark DAC2 HGC - FiNAL FINAL PRICE DROP

Item: Benchmark DAC2 HGC (silver). This is a combined DAC, pre-amp and headphone amp.

Price: $xxx. Retails for $2700 - http://www.soundseasy.com.au/products/benchmark-dac2-hgc

Item Condition: Excellent. No visible damage or wear. Never had any issues with it. Have all original packaging, aluminium remote and receipt.

Reason for selling: No longer need all of the features of the DAC2.

Payment Method: Cash on pickup. Paypal. Bank Transfer.

Reviews:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/benchmark-dac2-hgc-da-processorheadphone-amplifier
http://www.whathifi.com/benchmark/dac2-hgc/review

Extra Info:

The HGC is the model that includes XLR outputs (eg for powered speakers) and a headphone amp. It also includes native DSD conversion, asynchronous USB 2.0 input and home theatre bypass.

Purchased from the official Australian distributor. Sounds Easy currently sells for $2,599. Perfect condition with all original packaging, aluminium remote and receipt.

This is a reference quality DAC, using an ESS SABRE32 chip. The headphone amp is reference-quality too. Measurements of all of the components are extremely neutral. Very low distortion and noise. You will hear your source material and speakers / headphones exactly as they present. Not much more to say. It has been great Just don't need all the features anymore.

Specs:
SNR: 126 dB, A-Weighted
SNR: 123 dB, Unweighted
THD+N: -109 dB, 0.00035% (1 kHz, 0 dBFS)
THD+N, -108 dB, 0.00040% (20 to 20 kHz sweep at - 3 dBFS)
Frequency Response: +0 dB/-0.04 dB (20 to 20 kHz at Fs=96 kHz )

Inputs:
- Asynchronous USB 2.0
- 2 x coaxial S/PDIF
- 2 x Toslink S/PDIF
- 2 x unbalanced analogue

Outputs:
- 1 x balanced XLR
- 2 x unbalanced RCA
- 2 x headphone outputs

Pictures:
post-125653-0-27691000-1435380514_thumb.
post-125653-0-83490300-1435380543_thumb.
post-125653-0-67899800-1435380569_thumb.

Edited by selahtatt
  • Like 1

How's this DAC compared to the TEAC UD 501?

Better in my view - but it does so many MORE things than the 501 as well. A huge benefit for me was that the analog input keeps things in the analog domain. No conversion. Perfect for a high quality CD player or turntable. The ht bypass function increases its flexibility too. It's a pretty damn tidy preamp and the headphone amp is killer. Nice all round package.

• Like 1

Len Wallis have a used Audio Note DAC 1 for $600, still listed on their site

Thanks for that,

I am still considering my options at this time.

I Am also waiting for the buyer of my NAD M51 to commit.

The Benchmark is pretty high on my list, but i am reading conflicting information regarding its ability to deliver macro dynamics, also there is a school of thought that the high frequencies are compromised by digital noise. Not having heard a Benchmark i am unsure how it will sound in my system.

Still sometimes you just have to go with gut instinct. As soon as the buyer of the nad has gotten back to me i will make a decision.

Thanks for replying

Lars

Edited by Astronutter

Thanks for that,

I am still considering my options at this time.

I Am also waiting for the buyer of my NAD M51 to commit.

The Benchmark is pretty high on my list, but i am reading conflicting information regarding its ability to deliver macro dynamics, also there is a school of thought that the high frequencies are compromised by digital noise. Not having heard a Benchmark i am unsure how it will sound in my system.

Still sometimes you just have to go with gut instinct. As soon as the buyer of the nad has gotten back to me i will make a decision.

Thanks for replying

Lars

I've got highly resolving speakers and have never experienced what you mentioned. I've heard the Nad and prefer this- you should hear it doing DSD (which the NAD can't) - it's pretty awesome.

• 2 weeks later...