Klein DAC owners thread

Gieseler Audio

Guest scumbag

ok cheers and what about the auralic mini?

while we are on the topic well actually off topic really! A friend of mine has the chord 2qute dac will the auralic mini usb work with that too?

No idea!

Guest scumbag

Im trying to connect my klein dac to a minix android box via optical and usb with no joy at all.Anyone currently using theirs that way successfully

any thoughts?

Craka, Assuming you're asking about the Klein DAC "1", you might need to buy USB Audio Player Pro from the Playstore. You'll need to check chipset compatibility though - http://www.extreamsd.com/index.php/2015-07-22-12-01-14/usb-audio-driver. I note that the Teac UD503 is shown as compatible in the list - it also uses the same AKM chipset as the Klein. You won't know until you try but it's only a $10 risk. It will also allow you to use your Android phone any of the mobile DAC's to good effect.

Mark

Edited by scumbag

• 1 month later...

I am now a very happy member of the Klein Family. Just purchased a Klein Dac of a fellow SN Member. After only having only hi end AVR's such as Yamaha Adventage, Integra and more recently Cambridge 651R I can honestly say this has been the biggest upgrade yet apart from my speakers......sensational. Now all I need is a pre-amp with HT bypass.

• Like 6

I can't express how happy I  am with this, I was a bit jadded with dacs after having a few brand name ones which some even made my music worse so I was a bit hesitant to spend any serious cash on a higher end dac but after having the Klein for a week I really think this has completed my system. I can run HDMI from PC to AVR for Movies and surround concerts and then just switch PC audio to Klien for 2 channel music and AVR automatically goes to direct mode to Elektra amp......Kaboom. Happy Days.

Thanks to @Ancientflatulence

• Like 4

Hello Everyone,

Just finished setting up my Klein Dac via optical and nothing but static from speakers so i dumped the drivers installed new ones from Amanero and changed the feed to usb and not only is it working it blew me away within seconds.

Mr Gieseler you are one genius.

Many Thanks   :)

• Like 4

4 hours ago, krappo said:

Hello Everyone,

Just finished setting up my Klein Dac via optical and nothing but static from speakers so i dumped the drivers installed new ones from Amanero and changed the feed to usb and not only is it working it blew me away within seconds.

Mr Gieseler you are one genius.

Many Thanks   :)

Had that on the coax once. Put whatever output you have to PCM and it should work.

• Like 1

On 22/10/2016 at 8:07 AM, Wiffle said:

How do you put the output to PCM? Just curious as I had something like this from optical TV out...

Usually, go to your TV audio settings and set it somewhere to stereo PCM if it gives you a choice. That's what I did on my BluRay player, where I got the Coax out. TV is connected through optical as well, it worked out of the box as PCM.

11 hours ago, betocool said:

Usually, go to your TV audio settings and set it somewhere to stereo PCM if it gives you a choice. That's what I did on my BluRay player, where I got the Coax out. TV is connected through optical as well, it worked out of the box as PCM.

Thanks mate!

• 1 month later...
On 7 August 2015 at 5:43 AM, Gieseler Audio said:

RE Filter settings.

I'm now finding B down (rh looking from rear) & A up. A couple of local Klein owners put me on to this as it is now their preferred setting.

It seems to enhance the bass a bit & the soundstage is still nice. What is everyone else finding works best? I was previously using both up as it added a bit more air to vocals but find bass drops off a tad in that setting now.

I have been trying this setting for a while and I like it. Seems a good middle ground between both up and both down. I was liking both down before that as I liked how it sounded a bit valve like. 

Edited by Braddles 63

• 1 month later...

Bought a Klein DAC earlier today from a SN member, and boy is the difference insane.

I was using a portable DAC for my HD600s but the detail that the Klein DAC gives makes me amazed, the change of detail is insane I love it. Hopefully soon I'll upgrade to HD700s or possibly something better and get more out of it.

One thing I was curious about, what exactly do the filter switches do on the back? Currently got them both up... not too sure on what the difference really is.

I was also curious if anyone had any USB type A->B recommendations? Currently using a cable from my printer :/ Not sure if this is suitable :P

Edited by zypr
  • Like 1

You could check the first few pages of this Thread as there is discussion there regarding the switches and preferred positions.

Apparently they act as filters with 4 different settings.

For more info contact the maker..... Clay.... here.......http://gieseler.com.au/ProductsPage/index.html

WRT a good USB cable...........A few members here..... including me..... are very impressed with the Curious cable.

See here........http://www.curiouscables.com/

• Like 1