Klein DAC owners thread

Gieseler Audio

@@kajak12. The software actually did make quite a difference in the NAD.

I agree with Addicted to music

If you don't own one no use commenting.

Uninformed comment really

I am not saying it wont but give me a break with opamps no software will make the shortfall and yes have heard one long forgotten bill.

I understand what you are saying Kayjak but if you had owned one and listened to it through a few software upgrades, you would certainly have heard quite a difference

I agree that software can't makeup the shortfalls over a better engineered dac, but the opportunity to upgrade software on a unit and better the listening experience at zero cost is somewhat enviable

• Like 1

I understand what you are saying Kayjak but if you had owned one and listened to it through a few software upgrades, you would certainly have heard quite a difference

I agree that software can't makeup the shortfalls over a better engineered dac, but the opportunity to upgrade software on a unit and better the listening experience at zero cost is somewhat enviable

Who gives a crap about software upgrade when it ends up on sna forsale section ..................

Edited by kajak12
  • Like 2

@@kajak12. The software actually did make quite a difference in the NAD.

I agree with Addicted to music

If you don't own one no use commenting.

Uninformed comment really

Yep, you nailed it :)

Best ignore the troll who has nothing useful to add apart from crapping in other people's threads with the same tired diatribe.

Edited by pete_mac
  • Like 3

What it boils down to is the Klein Dac is a fantastic piece of gear.

Listening to it proforming it's magic right now.

And I'm in awe

It certainly seems very promising!

Hopefully someone in my neck of the woods acquires one in the near future so that I can have a good listening/comparison session.

It certainly seems very promising!

Hopefully someone in my neck of the woods acquires one in the near future so that I can have a good listening/comparison session.

Clay promised me to send 1 demo unit, not too long i supposed... :D

i do have your fave AudioGD dacs.., so should be very useful for your reference :)

Edited by henry218
  • Like 1

What it boils down to is the Klein Dac is a fantastic piece of gear.

Listening to it proforming it's magic right now.

And I'm in awe

Hi Bill

In what position are your toggle switches?

At this stage I prefer not having both down.

Johannes

Being the curious sort, I decided to follow the advice of some of the members and leave music playing on the Klein DAC while I slept. Playing it now, I can detect a significant difference in detail and layers.

Also, I have found that I need to stop the computer from hibernating.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Just letting you know that a.dent brought the last Klein DAC in the current batch so I'm now out of pcb's.

There will be a small delay untill the next batch of boards arrive, usually about eight days.

Sorry about that, I'm just not used to this high volume production stuff.

Regards

Clay

I am listening to one every day - for a few minutes to a couple of hours - time permitting. Burn in is relevant.

Still believe that $750 for this is the biggest bargain in dac land.

Further opnions will follow in due course.

• Like 3

Small update

I have been swapping speaker cables in and out for a while now finding the one that best suits my Martin Logans

Went to see Geoff at Airealis audio and picked up a few cables to try

What a difference. I love the UPOCC 16 awg

Combined with the Klein, together they have opened up a huge soundstage. Delivered even more detail and the Bass oh the increased bass extension Is amazing

This dac just keeps surprising me

My daughter who was brought up on a solid diet of 60's and 70's music ( she's only 33 by the way ). Was listening to Dire Straits with me a while ago and just looked at me and said, were did you get the new recording. It was the same one I always played, just so much more coming from the Flac file now

Nice work Clay.

I agree with Jventer whole heartily Biggest bargin in Dac land

• Like 4

My Klein has around 6-700hrs on it I guess. I'm listening for hours at a time ...... It draws you in. I leave it running 24/7 in between listens,it definitely smoothed out over the hours, the soundstage got wider and the detail dances within it side to side front and back. I can clearly hear differences between the different interconnects I'm trying out but never analytically, they all sound good just different........I have one of the original kleins without filter switches, I removed the jumpers which = switches up I think. Detailed, natural and musical is a difficult combination to pull off but this dac achieves it for me.

• Like 4

Small update

I have been swapping speaker cables in and out for a while now finding the one that best suits my Martin Logans

Went to see Geoff at Airealis audio and picked up a few cables to try

What a difference. I love the UPOCC 16 awg

Combined with the Klein, together they have opened up a huge soundstage. Delivered even more detail and the Bass oh the increased bass extension Is amazing

This dac just keeps surprising me

My daughter who was brought up on a solid diet of 60's and 70's music ( she's only 33 by the way ). Was listening to Dire Straits with me a while ago and just looked at me and said, were did you get the new recording. It was the same one I always played, just so much more coming from the Flac file now

Nice work Clay.

I agree with Jventer whole heartily Biggest bargin in Dac land

A bit of a digression.

I bought many Neotech UPOCC interconnects at auctions.

I sold some here, some on ebay and still have some.

It is also one of the bargains to be had in our hobby.

IMO

If one can buy something where there are not several layers of resellers you are ahead.

Edited by Jventer
  • Like 1