Sign in to follow this  
Krispy Audio

Harbeth @ Krispy

harbeth.png

This may come as no surprise given the existing product lineup at Krispy, but we're proud to officially announce that we're your NSW destination for all things Harbeth! 

Our Super HL5 Plus speakers are available to demo now, and we'll have others available shortly when the next shipment lands. 

We're also offering the matching Hifi Racks speaker stands made specifically to match each Harbeth speaker size perfectly. At $590 for most models, they're the obvious choice! 

All details here: http://www.krispyaudio.com.au/brands/Harbeth.html

post-121764-0-80272200-1433048493_thumb.

Finally - Harbeth in NSW. Fantastic. You have an email Cam.

I reckon there's a long list of NSW people who want to audition Harbeths who are now jumping with joy. 

I was fortunate to hear a pair of the 40.1's here in Adelaide, a while back. In fact not very far from where I live.. That experience started me on my Harbeth Journey..

Now the proud owner of the SHL5Plus..

Oh and very happy with them..

They may not excite everybody but hey, we are all different in that regard.

Good Luck with them Cameron...

Oh and have you decided on what you think might be the best partnering amp with them??

Hey Ken, I'm a long way off that at the moment, just unboxed my first pair of SHL5plus speakers tonight! I'm using my Manley Snappers (EL34 p/p 100w), and will try my 65w SS class A amps as well. I've heard a few models now but all in vastly different systems. I'll endeavour to try a few varied amps to see what's what, but suspect these will also need some major hours before settling down as well. 

Keen to try my 24w 300B monos as well, but thing the EL34s may be the go. 

Thanks. thought it might have been a bit too soon. Used mine first with a Earle Weston Amp Tempest. Bu for me, it didn't quite come together.

Then tried a new Luxman class A amp, again wasn't to my liking. in the end, ended up with the Luxman 507u SS state amp. Works great....

Keep us posted... Mine do look the part... :)

post-106433-0-18775800-1433083143_thumb.

Edited by Kensell21

Hi, my first post!

I was indeed fortunate to listen to Cameron's new Harbeth SHL5+ speakers last Sunday with my brother in law. What a charming man Cameron is to welcome people so warmly into his house. The Harbeth's sounded super, certainly more laid back (in a good way) but no less detailed than my ELAC BS 244s, and are certainly on my short list for a new music room that will hopefully eventuate after some renovations. I'd love to hear them with the Vinnie Rossi Lio, as that combo certainly seems to be getting some good press. Mind you the Snappers at Cameron's certainly delivered the required juice. A great selection of streamed music from Tidal was just the ticket through the Aurender. Unfortunately for us, not Cameron, he had just sold his tone arm from his turntable so we missed that, next time.........

Michael