Sign in to follow this  
wim

One Album

If you had to make the choice - what is your favorite album and why?

Mine would be Miles Davis - Kind of Blue.

Why? Because it is solid... and it keeps on giving.

To be honest - I don't think there is a definitive best.

But still - if you had to choose - what would be yours?

edit: linked Kind of Blue.

Edited by wim

Guest Sime

Tesseract's "Altered State"

Apart from some of the most brilliant music I've heard, the emotion of the album ties in with the feelings I was having when my dog of 16 years died in 2013, and I still struggle with it. Bloody dogs, they get to ya.

Lou Reed - Transformer

Perfect Day is one of my favourite songs

Perfect Day is one of my favourite songs

Me too.

Guest kab

Billy Cobham.....Spectrum.

Just an incredible album....Love it.

Depends on the mood.

Metallicas Through the never live albumpost-150024-143302689521.jpg

Most of my favourite tracks, but with a much heavier drum presence than the originals.

Or nirvana mtv unplugged in New York. post-150024-143302703525.jpg

Again most of my favourites and some awesome covers

Sorry for not picking one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No brainer, Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells. Rollercoaster of styles and emotion which has all I require in a piece of music.

If this is a desert island kind of thing... i.e trapped on a desert island - CD player with solar power, but only 1 CD...

Would you pick your favourite CD, listen to it over an over and die hating it

Or pick a CD you already hate, keep it on repeat - maybe eventually liking it, or probably just die hating it even more.

Regardless - one CD that I can play over and over is Ween - Quebec. Not my favourite CD, not Ween's best, but it has great re-playablity.

Hi All

After a little consideration selected:

cover_1132112272009.jpg

A mix of various styles, guitar virtuosity, Freddie's great vocal range, and a completeness as an album....

JJ 

This mortal coils filigree and shadow

bfcce6a862a9b666ea9bddce03efc44e.jpg

Frank Zappa - Hot Rats. My favourite album for the last 25 years or more.

Cheers,

Leigh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest kab

Some truly great albums so far.

Keep em coming.

It was this classic - from 1967 to around 2005. It still sounds ' out of time' and satisfies on just about every level.

post-132814-0-71295000-1433049475_thumb.

Then, around 2005, I developed my ongoing obsession with this album. If I had to give a geographic centre to my musical focus, it would definitely be Euro-centric, and not U.S. influenced.

I think Edgar was/ is a supreme composer and musician, helped along the way by some brilliant players.

This album is the perfect example of the moments when the classical form intersects with the 'modern'.

The three main movements start with a dissonance that coalesces into three sweeping, epic passages.

There are nods to a number of Euopean symphonists, and tips of the hat to the minimalists, and the sound collagists.

The visuals in your head are half the trip.

Even the encore, ' Dominions' is a stand alone work of brilliance.

Having banged on about this album a few times, I will spare everyone and not mention it again.

post-132814-0-65000900-1433049495_thumb.

ZM.

First thought

Beatles White album

Or

Stones, Exile on Main St

Or

Zep, Physical Graffiti

Or

OST, American Graffiti

Edited by Gee Emm

Fleetwood Mac Rumours. Listened to it for so many years and still love it. (never gets old)

This one. Not my fave album, but right up there.

Oh.....and I know every word to all the songs. :)

post-103759-0-93022000-1433054294_thumb.

my entry in the one album, for its completeness, polished and unsurpassed brilliance

220px-The_Doors_-_L.A._Woman.jpg

he does look like a tough one doesnt he

he used to play for the Swans didnt he ?

he does look like a tough one doesnt he

he used to play for the Swans didnt he ?

And now plays in Swans  :)

michaelgira.jpg

Edited by metal beat

Easy choice for me. In my opinion the best they have ever done. Living away from home as a 15 year old RAAF apprentice I seriously cherish these memories. A major part of my life.

post-105972-0-58866100-1433070197_thumb.

Guest BobbyD

Mmmmm, tough one. Either

1/ Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis

2/ Blood on the tracks- Bob Dylan

3/Blonde on Blonde- Bob Dylan

Today it is Tangled up in blue

Edited by BobbyD

Guest Hensa

Very tough to choose just one but this is one that I just never tire of ...

post-109782-0-28789300-1433073622_thumb.

Propaganda: A Secret Wish

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Classifieds Statistics

Currently Active Ads

Total Sales (Since 2018)

Total Sales Value (Last 14 Days)

Total Ads Value (Since March 2020)