Cafad

Integrated Amps: An Addicts Guide Part, The Third.

I was talking to Cameron via PM last night and he skirted responsibility for the disc and insinuated that "the wife may have been to blame".  

He was remarkably believable. 

It wouldn't be the first time one of us has blamed the wife.

Looking forward to hearing how the Plini spinner performs with its brethren.

Peachtree sold locally a day after it arrived home.

Good to hear mate.  Things are starting to move in the second hand market again, it must be the end of the financial year.

OK, so the CD 101 is back from its surgery (the tray now does as it is told) and the two Pliniuses are back together again.  I've given the CD-101 its one hundred hour run in (because I'm convinced that it wasn't fully run in, even though it was second hand) and am eagerly waiting for my audio nirvana to arrive.

post-130663-0-86240400-1439171535_thumb.

They really do work well together.  Both the top and bottom end of the 9200 have improved with the addition of the CD-101 and they were pretty damn good to begin with.  Fast, solid sound with both a musical top and bottom end.  Life is good!

This may just be endgame level audio ladies and gents.  I suppose only time will tell.

OK, so how do you type a word that is pronounced as Plin-eee-eye?  Does the double 'i' do it in Plinii?

Plinius Pluralus?

Even the mighty Google is not very helpful on this one, apparently you just don't get plural versions of family names.

Perhaps some sort of poll is called for.

I do miss my Plini'usses - I'm scouting for a Hautonga right now which does have remote source select, but is otherwise the same amp. I had one while in Sydney but sold it sadly, I'm having trouble finding any in the pre-loved market and they are still a bit $$$ new. Nice work, and I did match it with ha CD-101 for a while, and yes it was awesome.

I have to say that I have also owned a 9200 and 8200, I always thought that the they all had legions of bass, and that this was one of the Plinius sound signatures, very controlled, to the extent that I had no problem winding the wick up to some serious SPL, without wondering of my speakers were going to loose it.

Dazza's version has my vote: Plinii.

+1. You may wish to given them individual names to help identify them. In your case, I suspect the amp would be Pliny the Elder.

Edited by krebetman

Jam a big SA reference under them all Jeffro.

Now THAT would be some serious Plinii. Ka Mate Ka Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Darren69

+1. You may wish to given them individual names to help identify them. In your case, I suspect the amp would be Pliny the Elder.

You found those references too huh?  Not much else is there?

They are different colours so I could go with Silver and Stealthy (that satin/carbon black makes me think of stealth material for some reason).

Or

Since the amp has had a harder life than some, with a few nicks and scratches, Scarface could work.  Hmmmm....

Jam a big SA reference under them all Jeffro.

Now THAT would be some serious Plinii. Ka Mate Ka Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'd need to put three "i"s on the end then Daz.

Pliniuii

Asking a Kiwi to pronounce that would be hilarious.

Edited by THOMO

Plin-eee-ewe-eye... I like it!

And there's that too.

Pliniuii

Why not call the NZ helpline --they will put you right :D

W

NZ1.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By cookster
      Item: Naim Nait 5Si
      Price: Sold on gumtree
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: No Longer Required
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal friends family, COD Only, EFT
      Extra Info:

I purchased this current model Naim Nait 5si the other week as I was thinking about downgrading from my Naim Nac82/Teddy Dual Cap/Nap250 system to something more simple and compact, and it does sounds really very neat, but it I have already re-installed my 82/250, as it is no surprise that, as good as the Nait 5si is, it is no competitor to my 82/250, and these are now back in my system driving my Harbeth SHL5's. Maybe I was being a little foolish in the first place but I was keen to give it a try.

The Nait 5si retails new for $2250 so this represents an absolute steal, and my loss will be someone's gain. I purchased this privately but even the store demo models are selling for around $1795 (if you can get one).

As you would expect the unit is in excellent used condition, complete with box, original packaging, instructions and a rather nice Narcom remote. Serial number corresponds to manufacture year 2016.

Audition is most welcomed as is cash on collection, or I will ship within AU only by Australia Post, Express Insured, which I expect to be circa $65, but if its less than this then I will refund you the difference, if it is more then I will stand the additional cost.

I am 2 hours SE of Melbourne and might be able to deliver into Melb (after payment)

There are plenty of reviews for this amp so I won't get into detail here, other than to say it has the typical Naim pace rhythm and timing with great detail.
      The 5si is 60w per channel and should drive most speakers with relative ease.

Photos: Actual photos as below

• By olegau
      Item: Audio Note OTO SE tube integrated amplifier
      Price: 1900
      Item Condition:good working order
      Reason for selling: too many amps
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      The item is in good working order and condition.  The amp recently was Refurbished. All capacitors  were checked to meet requirements.   
      This is a Class A amplifier. Output tubes 4 x EL84 (6P14P,  etc), 10 watts per channel.
      All four EL84 tubes of power amp are new.

Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.

• By Higgsinspace
      Item: Dragonfly Red Portable DAC/Amp
      Location: Sydney Northern Beaches, CBD, North Sydney, North Ryde
      Price: $210 $180
      Item Condition: A1 immaculate, very little usage but don't have original package. Have original purchase receipt from Sydney HiFi. Paid $320
      Reason for selling: Not using and selling to put towards new DAC fund
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info: Purchased May 17. Probably used a dozen times. Just updated to latest FW to get ready for sale. Nice if you're into MQA and want an ultra portable device that supports it. Sounds lovely without the MQA snake oil though.

• By LGW1
      Item: Halcro MC20 
      Location: South Yarra or Dandenong South, during business hours, Vic
      Price: $2300
      Item Condition: As new, 2 weeks old
      Reason for selling:  Two words, Pass Labs. Now I'm broke! 
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal
      Extra Info:
      local buyer preferred as my partner threw out the original box the night I unpacked it😤 I do have an emotiva box which it will fit in post interstate at buyers expense. Comes with full 3 year (minus 2 weeks) manufacturer's warranty, which is transferable. Proof of purchase will be provided to the buyer. 

FEATURES:
      Power Output: 400W RMS continuous into 4 Ohms Distortion THD: <0.007% at 1kHz at all powers up to 400W into 4 Ohms, <0.03% at 7kHz at all powers up to 400W Unbalanced and Balanced Voltage Inputs Mains Voltage: 100 – 120VAC or 190 – 250VAC Remote trigger switch between On & Standby Command Functions: Switch between On & Standby Ability to inhibit individual amplifier modules Amplifier module will indicate Over Temperature condition Halcro Reliability Assurance Service  
      SPECIFICATIONS:
      Power Output
      400W RMS continuous into 4 Ohms Frequency Response (-3db) 5 Hz – 45kHz Audio
      Inputs, selectable
      Unbalanced: RCA sockets Balanced: XLR sockets Outputs
      Internally bridged: Binding Posts  
      Command Functions
      Switch between On & Standby Ability to inhibit individual amplifier modules Amplifier module will indicate Over Temperature condition Amplifier module will indicate Over Current condition Halcro Reliability Assurance Service  
      Gain
      Unbalanced and balanced: 29x = 29dB  
      Power Supply
      Universal switch mode Power factor corrected Fully protected Compliant in all countries  
      Fault Indications
      LED turns red if Heatsink temperature exceeds 78°C LED flashes red if current limit exceeded  
      Distortion
      THD:<0.007% at 1kHz at all powers up to 400W into 4ohms 0.03% at 7kHz at all powers up to 400W Noise: <30nV/sqrt(Hz) @ 1kHz referred to input  
      Impedance
      Input
      Unbalanced: 10k Ohms Balanced: 10k Ohms Output impedance at 7kHz
      <80 milliohms  
      Power
      Consumption
      Idle: <14W 350W with 4 Ohm load: 94% efficient)  
      Mains Voltage
      100-250 VAC  
      Dimensions
      Weight: 49.8lb or 21.1 kg Height: 7 inches or 169mm Width: 17 inches or 438mm Depth: 16 inches or 410mm Photos: Advertisements without photos of the actual item will not be approved.