Sign in to follow this  
Cafad

Integrated Amps: An Addicts Guide Part, The Third.

I was talking to Cameron via PM last night and he skirted responsibility for the disc and insinuated that "the wife may have been to blame".  

He was remarkably believable. 

It wouldn't be the first time one of us has blamed the wife.

Looking forward to hearing how the Plini spinner performs with its brethren.

Peachtree sold locally a day after it arrived home.

Good to hear mate.  Things are starting to move in the second hand market again, it must be the end of the financial year.

OK, so the CD 101 is back from its surgery (the tray now does as it is told) and the two Pliniuses are back together again.  I've given the CD-101 its one hundred hour run in (because I'm convinced that it wasn't fully run in, even though it was second hand) and am eagerly waiting for my audio nirvana to arrive.

post-130663-0-86240400-1439171535_thumb.

They really do work well together.  Both the top and bottom end of the 9200 have improved with the addition of the CD-101 and they were pretty damn good to begin with.  Fast, solid sound with both a musical top and bottom end.  Life is good!

This may just be endgame level audio ladies and gents.  I suppose only time will tell.

OK, so how do you type a word that is pronounced as Plin-eee-eye?  Does the double 'i' do it in Plinii?

Plinius Pluralus?

Even the mighty Google is not very helpful on this one, apparently you just don't get plural versions of family names.

Perhaps some sort of poll is called for.

I do miss my Plini'usses - I'm scouting for a Hautonga right now which does have remote source select, but is otherwise the same amp. I had one while in Sydney but sold it sadly, I'm having trouble finding any in the pre-loved market and they are still a bit $$$ new. Nice work, and I did match it with ha CD-101 for a while, and yes it was awesome.

I have to say that I have also owned a 9200 and 8200, I always thought that the they all had legions of bass, and that this was one of the Plinius sound signatures, very controlled, to the extent that I had no problem winding the wick up to some serious SPL, without wondering of my speakers were going to loose it.

Dazza's version has my vote: Plinii.

+1. You may wish to given them individual names to help identify them. In your case, I suspect the amp would be Pliny the Elder.

Edited by krebetman

Jam a big SA reference under them all Jeffro.

Now THAT would be some serious Plinii. Ka Mate Ka Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Darren69

+1. You may wish to given them individual names to help identify them. In your case, I suspect the amp would be Pliny the Elder.

You found those references too huh?  Not much else is there?

They are different colours so I could go with Silver and Stealthy (that satin/carbon black makes me think of stealth material for some reason).

Or

Since the amp has had a harder life than some, with a few nicks and scratches, Scarface could work.  Hmmmm....

Jam a big SA reference under them all Jeffro.

Now THAT would be some serious Plinii. Ka Mate Ka Mate!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we'd need to put three "i"s on the end then Daz.

Pliniuii

Asking a Kiwi to pronounce that would be hilarious.

Edited by THOMO

Plin-eee-ewe-eye... I like it!

And there's that too.

Pliniuii

Why not call the NZ helpline --they will put you right :D

W

NZ1.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this