Cafad

Integrated Amps: An Addicts Guide Part, The Third.

1 minute ago, Cafad said:

what it doesn't have is pre-amp circuitry in the same chassis as power amp circuitry.

And you still own it why...

40 minutes ago, allthumbs said:

@Blakey72, didn't you go down the PMC TL route?

@allthumbs yeah sure did. After hearing Jeff's Lenehan's me's having a rethink. So much detail, even at low volumes. The Sansui gear would have contributed too no doubt. Very impressive ;)

7 minutes ago, Rob181 said:

And you still own it why...

It may not be an integrated but it has its charm and while I'm mostly averse to separates I'm not completely averse to them.  I do make exceptions from time to time.

I did a little search but nothing of value showed up in relation to the Musical Fidelity A1008 Integrated amp. I found one of these parked at the back of my local HiFi store collecting dust, with its matching CD player, and thought it looked interesting and fairly high end.

Has anyone got any thoughts or ideas about one of these?

Cheers

Dan

Hi Dan, can't say I've heard an MF in good nick.  I had an MF220, picked it up cheap but sounded scratchy.  I tried to have it fixed up but it was going to take several hundred bucks and Andy claimed even then it likely wouldn't last too long, so it was not to be.  One day I'll get the chance to hear a good MF, but that could be a while a way yet.

Edited by Cafad

I Ve heard a nice kW series integrated on beautiful tannoys, but may not have been you cup of tea style wise.. That could be the tannoys though. Very nice for slower stuff though:)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hayaya1221
      Item: Accuphase A30
      Price: 3150
      Item Condition: Fully functional, pure class A
      Reason for selling:Upgrading to A47 or upper model
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:

Pictures:

• By MAXXX
      Item: Trafomatic Audio PREMISE, integrated tube amplifier
      Price: $2000
      Item Condition: Excellent
      Reason for selling: Too many amps, not enough space...
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:  Selling due to upgrade to separates and lack of space. I wanted to keep this one, but could not sell my other tube amp (Yarland Ariand 845).
      This one  is fully hand made (incl. transformers),  El84 based integrated tube amplifier with option to be used as power amp (more expensive version).
      Last time I checked, Audio Addiction was selling them for $4995 + $250 for power amp version. ( https://audioaddiction.net.au/shop/trafomatic-premise)
      It comes with Electro Harmonix El84 tubes.   8 brand new Shuguang El84 for extra $50.
      Other tubes available.
      Full set of Psvane Reference, pre+power in luxury boxes for extra $200 (less than half price), Ei El84 (set of 8, Yugoslav made, my favorite $200)
      Comes in original box, with basic remote (volume control only).
      Happy to demo for local buyers.
      First photo is mine, other photos from Trafomatic Audio web site. For detailed specs check the link above.

Postage for Australia $100.

Pictures:

• By Neilsy
      Seeking some insightful or experienced input here... 
      In my Krix Theatrix setup they are bi-amp and as much as I sought out a like for like amp set I ended up with an Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 1 and the other is a Gen 2.
      Gen 1 = 32dB gain output, whilst Gen 2 = 29dB.
      So I ran the 3x LF modules on one amp (the Gen1) and the 3x HF off the Gen 2 amp for uniformity of the sections. 
      In my processing section though the top (HF)  section is recommended to be 9dB less than the bottoms (due to the sensitivity). Which is adjusted through my signal processing unit. (external crossover) 

So my question is should I make that only - 6dB to make up for the 3dB less gain output that amp has or is it not that simple and due to sensitivity factors or something it might need less of a change, like say only 1.5dB... 
      Simple maths says yes I'm just not sure. 
      Both LF and HF sections are 8 ohm I believe. 

Happy to answer any questions to explain further. 
    • By soupaman
      Item: NAD C326BEE Amp + Remote
      Price: $325 
      Item Condition: In excellent condition with everything working perfectly, including the remote. 
      Reason for selling: I sold my speakers so I don't need this beast anymore.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal,  can post (ask me for a quote).

Pictures:

• By Bruno28
      Item: NAD M12 pre amps (rrp: $6999) and  M22 Amplifier (rrp: $5499) total: $12,500.
      Price: M12 $4999 and M22 $3999 ----Both $8000 $7400 $6500 only until 31st January
      Item Condition: Like new, Some small marks as show in photos.
      Reason for selling: Moved house and have smaller area now. Possibly getting a LS50 Wifi version as I want to simplify electronics and size used up.
      Payment Method: Pickup - Cash, Paypal, COD Only
      Extra Info:
      See photos for condition of items and specs. This has had very little use, my guess would be under 30 hours.
      M12 Pre amp with touch screen + Remote (remote has backlit keys when its dark and is motion sensitive)
      M22 is a Stereo 250w amp at 8 ohms.

Testing of item before payment will be mandatory so that the buyer can be sure its all working.
      Pickup Only as they are delicate items.
      Warriewood, Sydney Northern Beaches 2102

Pictures: