-- Show Us Ya VU Meters --

The modern version of the vu meter, Oppo HA 1. A lovely headphone amp when combined with the Oppo PM 1 headphones.  This is fed from my Mytek Brooklyn DAC + taking music from the Roon Nucleus.

These photos do not do the lovely (electronic) vu meters justice. 

EAD304CE-4A05-4363-92FA-CB3A5D245BC0.thumb.jpeg.6748405aad00ef1843a82ee5cd0451ba.jpegB045D604-A43B-4B51-8B97-B9C477BCFDF1.thumb.jpeg.bf69ef15fb2595ec89f97e600a381874.jpeg 

Edited by KRSDarwin
  • Like 3

On 06/04/2018 at 9:48 AM, surprisetech said:

This is not mine; I came across the pics in a current ebay listing and thought they belong in this thread.

Akai_AM-U11(2).jpg

Akai_AM-U11.jpg

I actually have these exact same decks as my garage sound system. Complete with matching tape deck and speakers.

It sounds pretty good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, surprisetech said:

Cool.

Are the VU meters on the tape deck similar?

Yes, I would say identical. 

Having moved 3 months ago the garage still hasn't been sorted. Need to build shelves and so on and covid, so it hasn't been done.

I purchsed this maybe 15 years ago including the matching speakers second hand with the intent to use as a stereo setup in my garage. Yeah, it's pretty dirty but does still work, maybe I should give it some tlc.

20200914_110108.jpg

Edited by SGS
  • Like 1

On 17/09/2020 at 5:58 PM, MIKE.D79 said:

I have the same VU meters on my B-2101, I could see they might be a polarising VU meter as I wasn't all that keen on them initially but really like them now. 

I love the orange. Thoroughly useless though when you think about it.

9 minutes ago, gemini07 said:

Let's see how long it takes someone to guess what the amp is....

001.jpg

002.jpg

I initially thought Integra, but Google tells me (yes, I cheated) it's a Proton AA-1150. I'd never heard of it before. How's it sound? 

Edited by twofires
  • Like 1

?

Well that didn't take long....

The sound in my system is very detailed, minimal distortion, dynamic and natural. Very revealing of any harshness in a recording. 

They are probably best matched with a sweeter type of preamp.

The 'Dynamic Power on Demand' feature makes for interesting reading and some of the measurements are remarkable:

https://www.jkwynn.co.uk/Project_Images/Proton/AA-1150_review.pdf

• Like 2

• 1 month later...