-- Show Us Ya VU Meters --

8 minutes ago, Luc said:

@BATMAQN  Saw the edge of a baconman amp. lovely bit of nightlife captured there Seb:thumb:

Well spotted Luc, my Topaz, testament to both of these amps nearly 2 years I've had them, many others have come and gone through the system these are still my main amps.

Yup, Topaz is a keeper isn't it. Out of interest: Have you still got the originals tubes in or have you rolled? I've not changed but I was thinking of slipping Earle a flitch of bacon and getting his views on rolling for the Topaz.

Sure is, still on the originals I had one go bad on me but lots of spares here from other purchases, I've also been thinking of a roll upgrade, I doubt bacon will get us much leeway with Earl somehow.:cool:

7 hours ago, BATMAQN said:

Sure is, still on the originals I had one go bad on me but lots of spares here from other purchases, I've also been thinking of a roll upgrade, I doubt bacon will get us much leeway with Earl somehow.:cool:

Do you have any idea how big a flitch is? Here's a pic of the last time SNA members marched down to Tootgarook with a flitch.

image.png.83e79f726d87fce8d48eba6d78ffb5ee.png

Earle was rapt. We got him a listening chair too.

image.png.917fd430b31d0cc14ff05fdb1d27de14.png

• Like 2

Another D'Agostino design with VU meters. The Krell Evolution One monoblocks. Though , like Yamaha Mans KAS amps, they are kinda two chassis 'duoblocks' per channel.

ev1.jpg.1d7fcb4783df9b6f8147b7c7380aed82.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Guest yamaha_man
1 minute ago, DRC said:

Another D'Agostino design with VU meters. The Krell Evolution One monoblocks. Though , like Yamaha Mans KAS amps, they are kinda two chassis 'duoblocks' per channel.

ev1.jpg.1d7fcb4783df9b6f8147b7c7380aed82.jpg

Bottom chassis is power supply, top chassis amplifier. 

• 2 weeks later...

So  after an epic journey to Radelaide and back I have arrived home with my new baby.

I have also learnt that VU meters are rather difficult and enjoyable things to try and photograph well.

DSC_0368.JPG

IMG_8762.JPG

IMG_8733.JPG

IMG_8740.JPG

• Like 7

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...