KLEIN DAC (AKM) 2015 OFFICAL RELEASE

Hi henry218,

None in Sydney yet but there might be one soon. A Stereonet member down your way is looking seriously at one right now.

nice, looking forward for getting some of your good stuff here :). Steve and his friends over there seems love your DACs specially the AKM.. :)

• Like 1

Henry I think the AKM Klein would work really well with your Audio Tech Horns!

Horns can be very revealing so you need good source to work well with them.

The AKM Klein has a rich revealing type of sound but never up front or harsh so I think it would be a good combination.

Seriously, I think you should buy one. (I'm biased so you knew I'd say that)

Unfortunately I can' t offer a dealer discount as these take eight hours to build & the parts cost is high.

Edited by Gieseler Audio

Henry I think the AKM Klein would work really well with your Audio Tech Horns!

Horns can be very revealing so you need good source to work well with them.

The AKM Klein has a rich revealing type of sound but never up front or harsh so I think it would be a good combination.

Seriously, I think you should buy one. (I'm biased so you knew I say that)

Unfortunately I can' t offer a dealer discount as these take eight hours to build & the parts cost is high.

I can relate to that [emoji4]. I hope i can make an informed decision soon about it [emoji5]ï¸.

• Like 1

Hi Guys

I gave Clay a ring to see when I could get a loan of a new AKM Klein for the comparison I am planning.

In chatting to Clay he mentioned something I didn't know.  Originally thought Clay was making two versions - a Limited and an ordinary one.  I usually muck around with the limited and I thought that was the one I was getting.  Clay told me - no - he is only making the standard one now - it has all the limited stuff like the diamond buffer output stage.  Well I simply couldn't resit - I actually got Clay to build me one.

If it stacks up against the Killer and Direct Stream then it would have to be one of the best audio bargains around.  We will see how it goes.

Thanks

Bill 

Edited by bhobba
  • Like 5

Hi Guys

I gave Clay a ring to see when I could get a loan of a new AKM Klein for the comparison I am planning.

In chatting to Clay he mentioned something I didn't know.  Originally thought Clay was making two versions - a Limited and an ordinary one.  I usually muck around with the limited and I thought that was the one I was getting.  Clay told me - no - he is only making the standard one now - it has all the limited stuff like the diamond buffer output stage.  Well I simply couldn't resit - I actually got Clay to build me one.

If it stacks up against the Killer and Direct Stream then it would have to be one of the best audio bargains around.  We will see how it goes.

Thanks

Bill 

Sounds like an awesome Dac but just be careful comparing it to way more expensive Dacs as you may miss how good this Dac actually is in its price bracket and a bit above.

Like comparing a new Holden Monaro to a new Ferrari and actually missing out on how good the Holden actually is as the competition was way above. 

I would of thought as an eg ones like a NadM51, Schiit gungnir etc would be a better test.

12451965.jpg

vs

maxresdefault.jpg

I would actually take the Monaro and pocket the difference but hey that is just me. :)

Edited by rocky500
  • Like 2

Sounds like an awesome Dac but just be careful comparing it to way more expensive Dacs as you may miss how good this Dac actually is in its price bracket and a bit above.

Hi Rocky

I owned an upgraded M51 at one time and can say for sure it is better than that.

An issue is the availability of DAC's for comparison.  You have got to go with what you got.  Like I said I don't normally muck around with DAC's in that price range and my acquaintances generally don't either.

About the cheapest DAC I have these days is an upgraded Chord Qute HD.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

Return Policy, I often get asked about this in PM's.

I don't actually do home trials where the product can be returned within fourteen days if you don't like it.
The reason being I'm only a small outfit & can't afford to have a lot of product going out a trial basis. The build quality is very high & it comes with a two year parts/labor warranty. If for some reason there was a major incompatibility issue I would certainly look into a refund. I'm very happy with the sound, especially the latest revision & have some very fussy customers who are very happy with it too. (eg, Naggots & BAM)

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 3

I don't actually do home trials where the product can be returned within fourteen days if you don't like it.

However if someone wants to hear one then I suspect we may have happy customers willing to oblige.

Post here and I am confident something can be arranged.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 4

There are a few possible solutions where potential purchasers pay the postage:

• a member sends one around
  • Clay sends one around
  • Clay have a demo model - a prospective purchaser buys it, then listen to it, if he/she likes it he/she returns it and Clay sends a brand new one or if he/she is not happy then it gets returned and the funds get repaid

I am just making the suggestion, not for me to decide.

• Like 1

Is that a suggestion that you could use yours as a demo model, Bhobba? I wouldn't mind hearing the Klein DAC before I purchase it.

After I have finished my planned comparison you, or anyone else out my way, is welcome to borrow it.

Thanks

Bill

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, definitely but you guys keep buying Klein DAC's ( six last week) so I'm flat out building them & haven't had much time to prototype new stuff. I'm almost on top of things now so hopefully in the next few weeks I can start developing some new stuff. The Klein takes eight hours to build from start to finish, that is if I don't get interruptions. I'm looking at pick & place machines so that might speed up the surface mount stuff at least. Might be time to expand as currently I personally fully build each DAC. I'm very fussy with build quality so I need to find the right person to assist. New products will be definitely be arriving, soon I hope!

Cheers

Clay

• Like 2

Yes, definitely but you guys keep buying Klein DAC's ( six last week) so I'm flat out building them & haven't had much time to prototype new stuff. I'm almost on top of things now so hopefully in the next few weeks I can start developing some new stuff. The Klein takes eight hours to build from start to finish, that is if I don't get interruptions. I'm looking at pick & place machines so that might speed up the surface mount stuff at least. Might be time to expand as currently I personally fully build each DAC. I'm very fussy with build quality so I need to find the right person to assist. New products will be definitely be arriving, soon I hope!

Cheers

Clay

DSD! Crowd funding?

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

Yes there is one in Perth, several in Melbourne & also one in Ballarat. When I get to work on Monday I'll check my records & if the owners are ok with it I will post a contact list.

Edited by Gieseler Audio
  • Like 1