Blues Currently Spinning

On 11/10/2020 at 6:19 PM, 2Brix said:

Gary Clark Jr is one ultimate live blues act, seen him half a dozen times in Texas once at the infamous Antone's in Austin.

We were busy the night he played at the Enmore last Easter and decided to road trip to Canberra invited some local friends but by the time they replied .... "sold out" they were moaning about the $$$ how much would you pay at the moment to see a sweety live show. 

black and blu is a great album 

• Like 3

On 10/10/2020 at 3:43 PM, 2Brix said:

Well i was somewhat conflicted whether to post this under funk...or blues...they titled it funk, but i reckon it's closer to blues...with a sensational soulful slow burn, bluesy cover...the band is spot on and Judith Hill shreds it!!   Though just one warning...stop the video at 3:54!! as the last part is "video bombed" by some absolute t0ssp0tt advertising his spin class?? wt.. 

So just watch the first 3:54 and enjoy!! 

Aerosmith always played blues....just dirty....  :)

• Like 2

I've had an almost virtual avalanche of new vinyl arrivals, a combination of some new arrivals coming in the post, as well as our first trip to Melbourne since June to pick up records delivered to my Melbourne address. 

First, a local arrival, sent from Detroit, via Discogs, a near mint quality LP of one of the greatest white blues debut albums of all time, the absolutely excellent

816-vBAL0zL._AC_UY436_QL65_.jpg

Mind you, if I were Charlie I would have been pretty pissed off that my record label couldn't even spell my name properly.

Harvey Mandel on guitar as the icing on the cake.

A blues classic from 1967

• Like 3

This might be of interest to people , I had a listen to the short samples in the link and was impressed and Blues isn’t my usual cup of tea.

https://www.psaudio.com/products/hey-joe/

Paul and I are proud to announce the third album from Octave Records, Hey Joe by renowned American musician Otis Taylor. This exclusive Direct-To-Master collector’s disc is a bit perfect copy straight from the original master.

You can check it out here: https://www.psaudio.com/products/hey-joe/ 

As a resident of Boulder since 1967, Otis Taylor has been writing, composing and performing right in our backyard for more than 50-years. In his illustrious career he's been honored with numerous accolades including five Downbeat Critics Awards. In 2001 he was awarded a Fellowship to the Sundance Composers' Laboratory, with a 2002 follow-up Blues Music Award for Best New Artist Debut. His music is featured in many major motion pictures, he's performed the world over, and in 2016 he was inducted into the Smithsonian National Museum's Inaugural Exhibition of African American History and Culture. His musical talent is nearly unmatched, and he's also one of the nicest, most genuine guys I think I've ever met.

We're super proud to have him on the roster here at Octave Records.

Hey Joe was recorded exclusively on the Sonoma DSD Multitrack Recording System and was mastered by none other than Gus Skinas. Every detail of Taylor's signature vocal and instrumental style has been captured in the Direct-To-Master version (that also includes an exclusive needle drop version from the metal stampers). Otis is joined by Warren Haynes, Ron Miles and Langhorne Slim, along with violinist Anne Harris (and others). For this album, we truly left nothing on the table. I hope you love Hey Joe as much as I do!

Edited by cafe67
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...