Oops....now I have two sets of headphones!

G'day all, as a consequence of an online purchasing error, I now find myself the owner of two different sets of Sennheiser stereo headphones, a set of HD-202's and a set of HD-239's! 

Are these both decent sets of headphones, and assuming that they are, which are more suited to general high fidelity listening applications?  Regards, Felix.         

Although I highly endorse the notion of "pick with your ears", your question included, specifically, "high fidelity" which is not as subjective as some people insist.

If we are going by the undiluted definition, then the HD202 would represent a closer reproduction of a flat frequency response (which is the point of reference) than the HD219.

However, frequency response isn't the only thing that matters as the measure of FR is usually taken in a sterile environment, ie. purely looking at the frequency. Things like isolation, speed and decay, etc. are not part of this measurement.

G'day all, well I've just had a bit of a (loud) listen to some Hendrix (on vinyl), and they both sound fine....loud and clear with good bass, although the HD202 probably has the slight edge in the bass area, although the HD239 is probably better for 'high fidelity' listening, but both are fine and very comfortable to wear. 

A couple of questions please.  Any idea where they are made?  I presume China, and the HD239 packet actually states that, but there is no mention of place of manufacture on the HD202's!

Also, do headphones need to 'break in' the way woofer suspensions on loudspeakers sometimes apparently need to?  Regards, Felix.    

Edited by catman