Combined Music / Cinema Room

Remember that Evil has a practice of spilling red, Marc, so factor that in to carpet choice...

• Like 3

• Administrator

Going a long pile dark carpet. Should contain the red :)

A long day ...... not much to show for it, but there's 28mm thick of plasterboard + green glue on the back wall now.

• Like 1

Guest yamaha_man

Well it's just THICK and very soft upon the heel as you would know.

I've had many a person crash here and literally sleep on the floor with just a pillow and a blanket.

Beats the pants off floor boards and a rug.

Going a long pile dark carpet. Should contain the red :)

A long day ...... not much to show for it, but there's 28mm thick of plasterboard + green glue on the back wall now.

I went with this carpet in "Winter Wonder" colour in the man cave Marc. Dark, very deep and plush. Very happy with it.

http://www.victoriacarpets.com.au/product-detail.asp?ID=56

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Keep the pics coming. I'm planning to build a music room ("room within a room") under the house and will be following your updates. You seem to be doing all the textbook steps for soundproofing thus far.

• Administrator

Oh no!!!!!!!!!!

Nowhere to leave the BM now.

Looks great. ;D

A sure it will sound even better.

What BM? You wouldn't find a BM in my driveway :P

Awesome. Keep the pics coming. I'm planning to build a music room ("room within a room") under the house and will be following your updates. You seem to be doing all the textbook steps for soundproofing thus far.

Thanks for commenting. A fair bit has been done since the last update actually. All the split system plumbing has been roughed in behind the stud and plaster work, a load of electrical has been roughed in, and plaster hung for one end of the room.

Electrical should be mostly complete today, and then I can move on to the other end of the room.

Will give a pic update soon.

• 2 weeks later...

One hopes that when in use the strip lighting will be turned off and replaced with a few tastefully located lamps. The strips can be turned on when the listening session is over and it becomes necessary to turf out those who are beginning to out stay their welcome. I always play the Fripp&Eno track, The Heavenly Music Corporation, at high volume to encourage the particularly obtuse attendees to move on. It's a great piece of music but it does require a lot of concentration to fully appreciate and can be the aural equivalent of Buzz Off in these circumstances.

Every good host should have a copy in their library.

• Administrator

Lol.

BTW the overhead flouros have now all been removed and replaced with led dimmable downlights on three separate controllable circuits.

This BM-

post-140952-0-68451100-1432956644_thumb.

You were going to babysit it after the GP this year whilst I went across to Tassie, oh sorry, I didn't talk to you about it. :D

All coming along nicely, am sure you are allowing yourself some excitement by now.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

After life got in the way for the last two weeks, a bit of progress now.

The side wall windows plastered up (after frosting the glass), and this week a new stud wall will be built 50mm off the brick wall, the entire length of the wall. Double layers of 16mm Fyrchek, with Green Glue.

post-103433-0-67987200-1433656950_thumb.

The view towards the front wall, bulkheads and pillar to be built this week. I'll explain more about what I'm doing here when I can show an example..

post-103433-0-45171100-1433656949_thumb.

Finally, the storage being built into the back wall. I'm currently painting the malamine doors, and fitting them each door with a built to size acoustic panel stepped off 50mm. The top and side cavities will also be filled with Earthwool insulation and filled in with plasterboard in the next couple of days.

Expecting to be finishing plastering and paint in about 2-3 weeks.

All of the lighting circuits are now in, and the old flouros now replaced with 12 LED downlights on 3 dimmable circuits.

post-103433-0-81108000-1433656951_thumb.

• Like 6