Sign in to follow this  
Marc

SOUND & VISION Festival at AudioTrends, May 29th-31st, 2015

sandflogo1.jpg

Melbourne Hi-Fi and Home Entertainment enthusiasts are set to enjoy a festival of high fidelity audio, all in one place across three days. A chance to get up close and personal with the designers and manufacturers of favourite hi-fi components, AudioTrends will open their doors to showcase the latest in technology.

The AudioTrends Sound & Vision Festival, in conjunction with official media partner StereoNET, is set to inject life into everyone's musical journey. With programmed individual performances from each exhibitor, there won’t be any wandering from room to room listening to yet another audiophile CD being played. Each manufacturer has been allocated time and space over the three days to present their products in a more focused environment.

Across seven custom built sound studios, and the state-of-the-art showroom, representatives from thirty premium Audio Visual brands will be conducting short seminars and demonstrating their latest products.

Just some of the brands being showcased include Quad, Isotek, Naim, Yamaha, Rega, NAD, OPPO, Sonos, Sony, Magnepan, Vienna Acoustics, HEOS, Cambridge Audio, Primare, Richter, Paradigm and many more.

Well-known food vendor Peking Duck (Melbourne Night Market fame) alongside coffee vendors, are set to create a true festival atmosphere.

program1.gif

The festival is set to run at 10 Argent Place Ringwood, from Friday May 29 through to Sunday May 31, 2015.

More information: http://www.stereo.net.au/news/sound-vision-festival-melbourne-may-29th-31st/  and http://www.svf.com.au

Hope to see many of you there!

Sounds a great event - I hope to be able to get there.

What a great concept. Will do my best to get there.

Might make an appearance to this one, fantastic amount of gear to check out! :thumb:  

Might make an appearance to this one, fantastic amount of gear to check out! :thumb:  

Same

Should be great, especially looking forward to listening to the Dolby Atmos set up.

Same

Definitely will try and go along to this one ... so much gear to look at :)

love to check out the atmos setup, is that the studio 6 ? marantz for instance ?

Theres even a turntable eating competition in studio 3

Edited by Tony ray

Tony. If you buy the turntable, manage to eat it, capturing the whole lot on film. We'll buy you lunch. 

love to check out the atmos setup, is that the studio 6 ? marantz for instance ?

Still wondering about this :)

Still wondering about this :)

Missed that sorry. :) 

Atmos rig will be in Studio One, our flagship room. We're running the Atmos room with M&K sound, Yamaha processing, Stewart Screen, Sony 4K, Isko Lens.... 

Now we have to make a change to the program! Standby! 

Tony. If you buy the turntable, manage to eat it, capturing the whole lot on film. We'll buy you lunch.

I probably wont be hungry after a whole turntable. There the size of a extra large pizza.

Any way I would be more worried about trying to pass it the next day. That would be interesting on film :(

Ha Ha Al there using Yamaha processing. Sure you can handle it

Ha Ha Al there using Yamaha processing. Sure you can handle it

For you Al, We may even swap it out for a Marantz.... 

Fffffff...... On my boy's weekend getaway. And I'm in the market for a new system too :( 

For you Al, We may even swap it out for a Marantz.... 

would love to hear the marantz in a full atmos setup :) 

Updates! 

Firstly, the charity that the gold coin donation is going to will be Bowel Cancer Australia and others. 

Also, 1% of all trade over the weekend will also go to charity. 

All news over on the event page here

Getting close now. 

I might have to try and sneak out of work early on Friday, my wife is working over the weekend so parental duties beckon

Looking forward to coming along and checking out the gear. Great effort to put on the show. The ribbon tweeter Quad S series -am looking forward to hearing them, with some nice coffee and duck pancakes!

It's this week. This week, it's this week!