FS Revel Ultima Salon Loudspeakers

Item: Revel Ultima Salon Loudspeakers

Price:  $9,900 or near offer

Item Condition: Very Good

Reason for selling: No longer in use 

Payment Method:  Direct deposit, Paypal (plus 3%)

Must sell!

Revel Ultima Salons are a true reference quality full range speaker. 

The Revel Salon features timbral accuracy, top to bottom coherence and excellent deep and tonal bass (extending down to 20Hz).

Stereophile has rated these speakers as Class A, alongside many much more expensive speakers.

The original RRP was over $28,000 (which I understand is the price of the current model).

The Salons have a high gloss black lacquer finish and silver side panels as shown in the photos (note because of the mirror gloss finish, there is some flash and room reflection in the photos).

There are 7 drivers per cabinet, a front firing tweeter a rear firing tweeter, a midrange, mid-bass, and three bass drivers.

Dimensions are 1,294mm H, 645mm D, 343mm W.  Spikes add 38mm.  

I have all original packaging and the manual.   I also have optional grills which can go in front of the bottom four drivers.  

post-142617-0-13234800-1429442207_thumb.

post-142617-0-09408300-1429442227_thumb.

post-142617-0-74148000-1429442241_thumb.

post-142617-0-21628300-1429442264_thumb.

post-142617-0-30071400-1429442289_thumb.

post-142617-0-44949600-1429442305_thumb.

Edited by Mr Jones
  • Like 1

I have the Revel Ultima Studios, a model down from these.

Anyone in a market for a truly exceptional speaker, that you could live ever after with, it would be these.

These have superb clarity, speed, attack, midrange to die for, and just too many goodies to list, and absolutely no flaws.

GLWTS. A screaming bargain.

Edited by erest

Hi Darren, Yes, first incantation purchased in 2005.  Interesting to read the Stereophile review of the Salon 2.  On my reading they say its better in some ways but don't gush over the change. 

• Like 1

Based on my quick google, I understand the RVX3900 has 7 x 140W per channel which should be fine.  As it is a 7 channel, I assume you could use two for the treble and two for the bass if you wanted more power.  

• 2 weeks later...

I've now met Michael for the first time, and can highly recommend : the seller, and the speakers.  

I'm sure there is some equipment out there in equally good condition, but it is hard to imagine it being in better knick.

Making arrangements with Michael was also simple, and a pleasure.

Right across the board, these speakers did a lovely job.  And the full range bass produced was nothing short of fabulous, and I think superior to the bass in the Salon2.  Unsurprisingly, I guess, the measurements support the idea, and the cabinet has greater volume.  

I've been to most dealers in Sydney, originally in the process of selecting between PS Audio and Devialet, and then after picking PS Audio, the amps, cables, etc, have in the process been exposed to a lot of very good speakers, up to say AU$50k.

If you've got $50k in disposable for Speakers *alone*, maybe go buy the TAD Reference currently available (which I've not heard), or the gorgeous Kharma (which I have), or whatever else floats your boat.

But if your ballpark is the price point of these speakers, they might represent a one-off opportunity to pickup a speaker that is loads better than anything I heard that was for sale for anything like $7.9k o.n.o.

I'm not buying the TAD's, but can afford to take advantage of an offer for some noticeably (I'm noticing the difference and I've some doubts about which way to go) more expensive but quite well discounted second hand speakers that came up shortly after I started to talk in quite firm terms about finalising purchase of these speakers, but just before I pulled the trigger to proceed. 

If my current deal falls apart, I expect to be back to pick these up in a heartbeat.

I really enjoyed meeting Michael, and appreciated the time he afforded me for a full evaluation, including with my amps.  Hence, this note, letting others know, in my opinion, their doubts should only extend to whether they want and can afford these makers of beautiful sound.

GLWTS.

Edited by Green Machine