The Best Sounding vinyl record/LP in your collection

1 hour ago, Spider27 said:

Does not know who pressed it or mastered it but sounds superb and enjoy listening every time. 

IMG_7809.JPG

From Discogs..... (Telefunken ‎– SLE 14 664-P)

Made by TELDEC »Telefunken-Decca« Schallplatten GmbH

Is a German record company founded in 10.03.1950 as a joint venture between Telefunken AG and Decca Record Co. Ltd.
The company also operated two recording/mastering studios (TELDEC-Studio, Hamburg and Teldec-Studio, Berlin) as well as a vinyl manufacturing plant Teldec-Press GmbH in Nortorf, near Kiel.

No word on who mastered it.

Edited by stevoz
  • Like 1

Ide say my MFSL DSOTM is up there as is the Jap pressing i have of it, Scorpions Savage Amusement is rather striking too, but the winner is a plain old run of the mill Aussie press of Brothers In Arms.  Beats out the current remaster and a WB RL and i am about to compare it to a Japanese pressing i just bought from @candyflip .  Kills me that its a digital recording as im a bit of an analogue snob but its just something else.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Marshall_SLX said:

Ide say my MFSL DSOTM is up there as is the Jap pressing i have of it, Scorpions Savage Amusement is rather striking too, but the winner is a plain old run of the mill Aussie press of Brothers In Arms.  Beats out the current remaster and a WB RL and i am about to compare it to a Japanese pressing i just bought from @candyflip .  Kills me that its a digital recording as im a bit of an analogue snob but its just something else.

Give the JP copy a clean/glue first though..... ?

16 hours ago, stevoz said:

From Discogs..... (Telefunken ‎– SLE 14 664-P)

Made by TELDEC »Telefunken-Decca« Schallplatten GmbH

Is a German record company founded in 10.03.1950 as a joint venture between Telefunken AG and Decca Record Co. Ltd.
The company also operated two recording/mastering studios (TELDEC-Studio, Hamburg and Teldec-Studio, Berlin) as well as a vinyl manufacturing plant Teldec-Press GmbH in Nortorf, near Kiel.

No word on who mastered it.

Thank you so much for the info. Great to know that we can find those info on Discog. :) 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 09/02/2019 at 9:16 PM, Marshall_SLX said:

@candyflip

Never fear nothing touches my Rega P9, RB2000, Apheta without a rigerous vacuum cleaning... really looking forward to that Mastodon LP too (love the green marbled colour on it too)... probably get a chance to play them both tomorrow i reckon mate.

And the verdict on the AUS pressing Vs. the Japanese pressing of BIA ? ?

Vs smoke.gif

Not my absolute favourite album, but the most finessed, beautifully balanced and detailed sound I get is from the Mobile Fidelity pressing of Brothers in Arms (Dire Straits).

28 minutes ago, JML said:

Not my absolute favourite album, but the most finessed, beautifully balanced and detailed sound I get is from the Mobile Fidelity pressing of Brothers in Arms (Dire Straits).

Thanks for the thoughts and welcome!  :welcome:

Go on ahead to the New Member Introductions sub-forum and say Hi to us all, with some of your interests?

https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/forum/13-new-member-introductions/ 

I have a few i really rate highly but if it was to be honest about the one LP I reach that i use as my 'reference' recording or one that I show off to people it would be Slayer South of Heaven- Def Jam original pressing. 

Quite certain its not going to list highly on any lists here but from a thrash metal point of view I think the production value and overall instrument/vocal sound captured by Rick Rubin on this release is just spot on.

There are a few other albums metal and not metal that I can list but as the OP question was singular SoH it would be.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 08Boss302 said:

I have a few i really rate highly but if it was to be honest about the one LP I reach that i use as my 'reference' recording or one that I show off to people it would be Slayer South of Heaven- Def Jam original pressing. 

Quite certain its not going to list highly on any lists here but from a thrash metal point of view I think the production value and overall instrument/vocal sound captured by Rick Rubin on this release is just spot on.

There are a few other albums metal and not metal that I can list but as the OP question was singular SoH it would be.

Couldn't agree more mate. Took me a listen or two to get into the cleaner style of vocals but for me (and countless others I guess) Reign In Blood and South of Heaven are Slayers high water mark with the latter the better sounding of the two..

• Like 2

On 08/02/2019 at 4:05 PM, Spider27 said:

Does not know who pressed it or mastered it but sounds superb and enjoy listening every time. 

IMG_7809.JPG

Actually found this first on YouTube, then came across a lot with this exact album in for a few bucks... sadly I missed that auction by walking away from the computer for too long :( 

Can attest to it being a fun listen though ?

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 3:17 PM, 08Boss302 said:

Hey Man.  I agree, South of Heaven is my favourite Slayer album, and the production is awesome.  It's one of the few albums I have on vinyl and CD.

What happened to your post count mate?  I see it's happened to others as well.

10 hours ago, BuzzzFuzzz said:

Hey Man.  I agree, South of Heaven is my favourite Slayer album, and the production is awesome.  It's one of the few albums I have on vinyl and CD.

What happened to your post count mate?  I see it's happened to others as well.

Hey mate,

not sure? My post count looks pretty normal, did it drop or sky rocket?

1 hour ago, 08Boss302 said:

Hey mate,

not sure? My post count looks pretty normal, did it drop or sky rocket?

Yeah Man.  It reads 406 posts on my connection.  Surely you've done a lot more than that.