Stop Press - Rogers Waters Amused To Death Vinyl

Sure is. I ordered one of each.

Nothing succeeds like excess (copies) hey Marc!  :P

Should be safe with his name & A.P.attributed to it I hope.  ;)

Where's @@Zen Mister ?? - he's the go to man for all things release quality wise!

Edited by evil c
  • Like 1

• Administrator

I might be mistaken, but this is a whole new "pre-order". Different label etc?

I suspect the other one fell over.

Was the other one via Analogue Productions?

I might be mistaken, but this is a whole new "pre-order". Different label etc?

I suspect the other one fell over.

Was the other one via Analogue Productions?

Yeah, it's the 200g Analogue Productions that I pre-ordered in September 2013, but as far as I can see the picture disks and standard version have the same release fate.

This is the one I have had on order from Music Direct for the past 2 years, as vinyl and sacd. It is the edition prepared by Doug Sax and James Guthrie , hence the one that was previewed to the press late last year to universal aclaim.

I am surprised to see this one called 'dull'.

if you listen to it only as an 'audio freakshow' you are missing the point.

Lyrically, it presents a cogent and considered elucidation of Rogers' thoughts about his perception of some human machinations evident then, and even more so now.

Lacking any background information at the time of release, I forged my own 'mind story' about what I was hearing. What I surmised, was an old codger falling asleep in front of the T.V. and drifting in and out of consciousness , and fleeting connection with what was happening on the telly. This in turn, influencing and triggering his memories.

Of course, now you only need to go to Wiki to find out the long list of influences and literary refences Roger drew upon.

That said, I like my screenplay better.

ZM.

• Like 1

This is the one I have had on order from Music Direct for the past 2 years, as vinyl and sacd. It is the edition prepared by Doug Sax and James Guthrie , hence the one that was previewed to the press late last year to universal aclaim.

I am surprised to see this one called 'dull'.

if you listen to it only as an 'audio freakshow' you are missing the point.

Lyrically, it presents a cogent and considered elucidation of Rogers' thoughts about his perception of some human machinations evident then, and even more so now.

Lacking any background information at the time of release, I forged my own 'mind story' about what I was hearing. What I surmised, was an old codger falling asleep in front of the T.V. and drifting in and out of consciousness , and fleeting connection with what was happening on the telly. This in turn, influencing and triggering his memories.

Of course, now you only need to go to Wiki to find out the long list of influences and literary refences Roger drew upon.

That said, I like my screenplay better.

ZM.

I don't listen to it as an 'audio freakshow', i listen to it as a piece of music from the same bloke who wrote Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here but I still find it very dull. Waters might well be wanting to elucidate how he felt about human machinations but as a piece of music I find it average to say the least. Even with the superb sonics I find it almost impossible to get past side 1.

• Like 1

MEH

I'll stick with my original pressing. :)

Radio Kaos is a lot more interesting Waters solo album, but unfortunately all his solo albums are poor trailor trash cousins to his work with Floyd imo.  btw, I like trailor trash  :P

He seems to be stuck in some post war angst dedication to his long lost father that goes around and around in various guises.

flames incoming? :lol:

Edited by metal beat
  • Like 2

I don't listen to it as an 'audio freakshow', i listen to it as a piece of music from the same bloke who wrote Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here but I still find it very dull. Waters might well be wanting to elucidate how he felt about human machinations but as a piece of music I find it average to say the least. Even with the superb sonics I find it almost impossible to get past side 1.

Amused to Death dull? I'm sorry but unless there is another Roger Waters who has also released an album that is also called Amused to Death then I am hard pressed to find anything dull about it. His first two albums were somewhat lacklustre in my opinion but I find Amused to Death to be the high point of his solo career.

• Like 3

• Administrator

Bring it on. Love it. Grew up with it. It gets better and I appreciate it more the older I get.

Those that dont share the excitement of this release (and are fortunate to already have a legit pressing) can find another thread to pi$$ in. This ones mine [emoji14]

• Like 4

Amused to Death dull? I'm sorry but unless there is another Roger Waters who has also released an album that is also called Amused to Death then I am hard pressed to find anything dull about it. His first two albums were somewhat lacklustre in my opinion but I find Amused to Death to be the high point of his solo career.

That's the one. Dull.

Mind you, a Zen Mister epiphany might happen one day if I can bear to listen to the full 4 sides of tedious tosh in one sitting. It would be welcome too but I can't see it happening any day soon.

Edited by Hergest
  • Like 1

Bring it on. Love it. Grew up with it. It gets better and I appreciate it more the older I get.

Those that dont share the excitement of this release (and are fortunate to already have a legit pressing) can find another thread to pi$$ in. This ones mine [emoji14]

That is the great thing about music - One mans treasure,  is anothers trash .................

And no, you ain't getting my original.  :P        on the bright side, I am sure the Analog productions new reissue will sound excellent.

• Like 1

:popcorn:

Liking this.

C'mon, more salvos. Let's get going.

*Always reminds me of 12 O'clock High  when I hear this guys name.

" Roger, Waters!"  and then you get the rear gunner spinning about and nailing a 109 Messerschmidt  and the wail of the engine; WAAAAAAAaaaAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaa........ :love  love it.

Captain Waters knows when to tell his rear gunner to nail that pesky Nazi. Yes indeed.

Ok back to reality

:popcorn:

It's a conflicted album. In my view, half of the songs are hackneyed and over-cooked, the other half are sublime, some of Waters' best work. In fact, some songs are a combination of both, but if you can take the bad with the good, then it's a great album.

It's a conflicted album. In my view, half of the songs are hackneyed and over-cooked, the other half are sublime, some of Waters' best work. In fact, some songs are a combination of both, but if you can take the bad with the good, then it's a great album.

Very true.  I listen to some of the tracks.  ;)  But those are great! 

Andy