Sign in to follow this  
Soultone

PMC Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

On 6/29/2017 at 0:26 AM, Antuan Phantom said:

Hello All,

I am new to this forum.

I would like to know where I can buy a pair of used but in excellent condition PMC mb2se speakers or the BB5 model?

What is a fair price for these speakers?

Also, what amp would be a good match for these speakers.? What is a fair price for the amp?

Interested in hearing from people who have own these models and what amp and cable they used with these speakers.

Like to know from owners what they think of the sound from these model speakers and how well it perform with your choosen amp?

Also what is a good sub woofer for these speakers if one is needed?

Thank you in advance.

I like my Ayre amp best with my MB2's , although an ARC Ref 150 was also a very nice paring. 

They dont come up for sale second hand though, never seen a pair locally for sale. they do show up in Agon now and then.

Nothing I have heard, at any price points, makes me want to move my MB2's on for something else and thats saying something.

I've just ordered a pair of Twenty5.22 and I'm bloody excited. I'm going away for ten days, though, so I won't even be here when they arrive! [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, AussieMick said:

I've just ordered a pair of Twenty5.22 and I'm bloody excited. I'm going away for ten days, though, so I won't even be here when they arrive! emoji22.png

Awesome mate. Take some time to set them up and move them around. They will reward you/ Congrats...

1 hour ago, AussieMick said:

I've just ordered a pair of Twenty5.22 and I'm bloody excited. I'm going away for ten days, though, so I won't even be here when they arrive! emoji22.png

You won't look back... congrats

15 minutes ago, Stereophilus said:

You won't look back... congrats

Expect a visit from me at sometime mate. Rug up tonight too ;)

2 hours ago, AussieMick said:

Are you near Bendigo?

I'm in Horsham,Stereophilus is in Ballarat. WEST VIC GTG ;) 

Thank you to all who have replied.  

Please feel free to come the comments coming.

I love to read your thoughts on PMC speakers, amp, accessories and any other speaker brands for the same price that may be equal or better than the PMC mb2 se speakers.

I need some help from hifi community (exclude distributor) who has international shipping knowledge and courier from seller place to airport and I can pick up the item from Melbourne international airport.

I have researched all over the net and called hifi stores in Melbourne and the going price for PMC mb2 se is $44,595.  They are on sale now at the lifestyle store in NSW for $39,999.  These are crazy price beyond the price i saw them when i first heard them at Carlton audio for approx. $21k (mb 2i model).

I have found 1 pair of PMC mb2 se speakers (ex demo) for sale in UK - asking $20.3k AUD. This is without negotiation.  

I think i can get it down to $18k-$19k.

The seller will not help deliver the item to their airport so that it can be shipped to Melbourne.

The dealer will only deliver within their own country.

Can anyone provide a step by step instructions with contacts, email, name of shipping company, courier company that can do this at a fair price?

Also what's the best way to pay for the item ie PayPal. 

Or do I take a holiday to UK and purchase, pay and organise shipment from there back to Melb.

Thank you in advance

59577492aeace_PMCmb2se.thumb.jpg.d832e4bb611067b46e8a468e530588b3.jpg

Edited by Antuan Phantom

Evening all,

Been doing some speaker searching to match my recently acquired devialet 120.

My heart was totally set on a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica III''s (as that's the set up I heard that blew me away).

Listened to a pair of Vienna acoustic in the same price range and Olympica II and to the recommendation of the salesman a pair of PMC Twenty.26. Well F@#& me PMC what a game changer!!!!

Yes the bass was not as dominant as Faber and Vienna but the mid and highs were clearer and distinctly more pronounced than the others. 

Truth be told they don't exactly look like works of art next to the other two but they are cheaper..and by some margin too.

I have narrowed it down to the Faber's and PMC. More auditioning to come me thinks.

8 minutes ago, Antuan Phantom said:

I love to read your thoughts on PMC speakers, amp, accessories and any other speaker brands for the same price that may be equal or better than the PMC mb2 se speakers.

I need some help from hifi community (exclude distributor) who has international shipping knowledge and courier from seller place to airport and I can pick up the item from Melbourne international airport.

I have researched all over the net and called hifi stores in Melbourne and the going price for PMC mb2 se is $44,595.  They are on sale now at the lifestyle store in NSW for $39,999.  These are crazy price beyond the price i saw them when i first heard them at Carlton audio for approx. $21k (mb 2i model).

I have found 1 pair of PMC mb2 se speakers (ex demo) for sale in UK - asking $21.3k AUD. This is without negotiation.  

I think i can get it down to $19k-$20k.

The seller will not help deliver the item to their airport so that it can be shipped to Melbourne.

Can anyone provide a step by step instructions with contacts, email, name of shipping company, courier company that can do this at a fair price?

Or do I take a holiday to UK and purchase, pay and organise shipment from there back to Melb.

Thank you in advance

Lifestyle store is where I was today...if you buy them I can happily pick them up and road test them for you...strictly for quality control purposes :D. Then deliver...

1 hour ago, Antuan Phantom said:

I have found 1 pair of PMC mb2 se speakers (ex demo) for sale in UK - asking $20.3k AUD. This is without negotiation.  

I think i can get it down to $18k-$19k.

Thank you in advance

ATC might be worth a listen

https://www.stereophonic.com.au/atc-scm40a-floorstanders-pair/

On 30/06/2017 at 6:37 PM, AussieMick said:

Congratulations!

To those using standmount PMC's, are you using the PMC stands, or something different?

I've just ordered a pair of Twenty5.22 and I'm bloody excited. I'm going away for ten days, though, so I won't even be here when they arrive! [emoji22]

Congrats@AussieMick. Received my Diamond Black pair two days ago but waiting on stands to arrive tomorrow to set up.

Anxious to know how they sound in my system and room. Was impressed enough to purchase based on a quick listen powered by Plinius with Aurender in a not so great space.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, AussieMick said:

To those using standmount PMC's, are you using the PMC stands, or something different?

I ended up having a crack at making my own stands, taking inspiration from the good old threaded rod audio stands you see kicking around, total cost of $80.
I'm sure there are plenty of people ready to pipe up telling me they won't sound as good as store bought stands but  with 6mm thick steel on top and plenty of mass i think they work a treat and bring something a bit different to the table.

20170712_192603.jpg

20170712_192919.jpg

20170712_200106.jpg

They look fantastic! I'm afraid I don't have the skills, though. I ended up finding a very good deal on the PMC stands, thanks to Carlton AV.

I do love the look of the genuine PMC stands, but i'd already blown budget on the speakers plus a primaluna integrated amp, the $800 for the stands was pushing it.

Nice combination. I did quite a bit of listening to them through valves when I started looking. Absolute gold.

My Graham Slee kit does some of the same sonic thing. I'm over the moon.

I've had the Twenty5.22's hooked up to a number of Amps, PrimaLuna, Vincent and even a 1978 Akai AM-2800, no matter what you pair them with they always sound good.
They really are a magical speaker!