PMC Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

Do a search on the web for reviews. I almost bought them. Good bass and very fast and accurate. Excellent for rock music. I didn't like them used with the Brystons. Found the Bryston-PMC combo too clinical

I hv own a FB-1. Yes the bass is very good for its slim design (transmission line) but some ppl may not like the highs from this spk. If it doesn't match well it may sound hard.

Hv got a chance to spoke to the designer during one of the SAVE and they hv told me to try play around with the positioning of the spk to tame the highs. He recommended me to tilt the spks in-wards a bit so that the spk axis meets just behind the sweet spot.

Give it a listen. Bring ur amp along to the showrm if u want to as it will be even better. :D

• 6 years later...

They are a great looking speaker. I had never heard of them before but found their website. Here's the link BTW.

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/product.php?mode=view&pid=171

They appear to be fairly easy to drive so you should have a good number of amps to choose from. I like pommy speakers, they often have a good clean sound with great definition, and I would say these would fit that bill.

Interesting to see a standmount transmission line too.

Look forward to hearing what you think when you get them AIA. I presume there is a distributor in Australian then?

Cheers,

Jake

I demoed PMC extensively, beautiful sound that's for sure. Probably the best I've heard from a bookshelf for a long while.

They are a great looking speaker. I had never heard of them before but found their website. Here's the link BTW.

http://www.pmc-speakers.com/product.php?mode=view&pid=171

They appear to be fairly easy to drive so you should have a good number of amps to choose from. I like pommy speakers, they often have a good clean sound with great definition, and I would say these would fit that bill.

Interesting to see a standmount transmission line too.

Look forward to hearing what you think when you get them AIA. I presume there is a distributor in Australian then?

Cheers,

Jake

I think Bryston is the amplification most commonly paired with PMC. Not cheap though, maybe you can pick-up something second hand.

AIA did you get yours from CAV< and they ordered them from PMC or did you go to a UK supplier?

• 2 weeks later...

Well they arrived today with some minor "in transit" damage luckily it is only minor cosmetics that can be fixed.

So after hooking them up all I can say is WOW! Easily the best speaker I have ever owned and I think that if I ever upgrade again it would be to another PMC.

I am in love. Perfect mid range, silky smooth vocals and no sweet spot. No matter where you are it is pure heaven.

I can not recommend these enough, Although upset at the initial learning of the damage to the rear corner I have no regrets in this purchase.

I will however suggest that if getting speakers shipped from OS, make sure they are double boxed and that you get insurance on them.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...