PMC Speakers Owners & Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Hi PMCers
Picked up the first part of the PMC journey.
Was not going to play it till the speakers and amp arrived.

After several hours of looking at it, l couldn't help myself. Well the verdict is in.
Simply stunning. And that is from first play.
Imagine how better it will get after run in.

It sounds fantastic, even with my humble Whatmough's. Now l know what people mean when they say that they can hear things they didn't hear before.

I'm playing King Crimson, and I'm hearing pronounced cymbals l could hardly hear before.

Playing with the dust cover off for the first time ever. I usually leave the cover on, but up. But with the cover off, l can actually hear a difference on this one.

Should get the PMCs and amp next
Monday. Can't wait.

ec7459861251a0b6348ba59b19b61eab.jpgc9018a779c75679e0c7f72b6172d8f7a.jpg

That looks amazing mate. Great to hear you like it. I think you may have my next turntable upgrade there. Toss up between that and a Rega P8. Which cart did you end up with?

2 hours ago, blakey72 said:

That looks amazing mate. Great to hear you like it. I think you may have my next turntable upgrade there. Toss up between that and a Rega P8. Which cart did you end up with?

It's the Mofi Ultradeck tt, so l thought l would marry it up with the cart designed for it, the Ultratracker. The tt comes without the cart. But if you go the Ultradeck+ you save around $400 on the cart. The Master tracker cart is their top of the range. I think it's an out $650 more. Possibly less if you buy it fitted to the Ultradeck. 

I should have done that. But it sounds great with the UltraTracker. 

Maybe when l wear this one out.

Be interesting how it would compare to a R8. It's definitely better than the R6, imo. If you at some stage do an A/B, let me know how you got on. When more people become aware of this tt. It will explode in sales. It's that good. It's had 2 price increases since its release. I think it's now pushing up around the 4k mark. But there is always deals out there. 

I found my Rega fatiguing after an hour. Played the Ultradeck for 6 solid hours and would have kept going, but was getting tired.  Been on the road for 2 days.

Be giving it another workout to tomorrow. Funny, because l was determined not to play it till the rest of the kit arrived. Ihad it on a side table and was admiring it lovenly.

But it kept saying to me, play me, play me.  So l did.

1 minute ago, needlerunner said:

Be interesting how it would compare to a R8. It's definitely better than the R6, imo. If you at some stage do an A/B, let me know how you got on. 

Be giving it another workout to tomorrow. Funny, because l was determined not to play it till the rest of the kit arrived. Ihad it on a side table and was admiring it lovenly.

But it kept saying to me, play me, play me.  So l did.

Yep I'll let you know. 'So you did' of course you did. You had to! It would have killed me. You can't just look at it haha

Hey needlerunner, that looks great a nice deck. Enjoy.

PMC owners. I am happy to report that I found a good deal for a pair of PMC Twenty5.22 barely used and put a deposit so it looks like I am the happy owner of a pair of PMCs!

I have been salivating over those speakers for months now and I am just absolutely delighted with the deal. Now it will be a few months saving pretty hard to be able to bring those babies home.

They are an absolute beauty. I had another audition and asked the shop to connect them to a Rega Brio R (which is what I currently own) and I was excitedly surprised that they produce an incredible sound, they will serve me well until I am able to upgrade the amp eventually, but it was very good what I heard, very, very satisfying. Yes, at about 11 o'clock volume the Brio feels a bit short, but in my living area this is deafening, so I don't think that I will have any issues with my Brio R and this match.

I auditioned them with a few Sade songs and I was so impressed with the detailed presentation and the delicacy of  the instruments. It gave me tingles in my spine and a massive smile. Now this is a way to make a grown up man cry. Totally superb speakers is all I have to say!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and guiding me through this search.

Bloody awesome!

2022202972_PMCtwenty522pic04.thumb.jpg.d04b10f913f759c0ccb1ab0949d84b8d.jpg847702904_PMCtwenty522pic01.thumb.jpg.5cfc841ad10b17f3df29bb2d92ab77a7.jpg

• Like 3

not sure if pmc owners looking for an amp have seen the MF m6500i super integrated going in the commercial for sales.... this would be a very nice match to pmc and not leave any doubts in the power and refinement department. great match to PMCs and the m6500i is a beauty in its pre amp and dual mono design. pretty fully featured too with everything under sun :) id grab it at the bargain it is ...

9 hours ago, betty boop said:

not sure if pmc owners looking for an amp have seen the MF m6500i super integrated going in the commercial for sales.... this would be a very nice match to pmc and not leave any doubts in the power and refinement department. great match to PMCs and the m6500i is a beauty in its pre amp and dual mono design. pretty fully featured too with everything under sun :) id grab it at the bargain it is ...

Hi there, yes some members have suggested the Musical Fidelity as a good match to PMC so I will definitely have it on my sights. Thanks for the advice. Cheers. ?

• Like 1

On 07/07/2019 at 8:06 PM, blakey72 said:

Yes there was a lightning storm but I don't think it was the night before. Maybe a week or so before. I would have thought something would have gone in the amp before the speakers? I wouldn't have been listening during the storm. 

Hi Blakey72, I was wondering, have you checked the state of the crossovers yet? I just mention it because they are electrical components with capacitors etc

16 hours ago, Andpi said:

Hey needlerunner, that looks great a nice deck. Enjoy.

PMC owners. I am happy to report that I found a good deal for a pair of PMC Twenty5.22 barely used and put a deposit so it looks like I am the happy owner of a pair of PMCs!

I have been salivating over those speakers for months now and I am just absolutely delighted with the deal. Now it will be a few months saving pretty hard to be able to bring those babies home.

They are an absolute beauty. I had another audition and asked the shop to connect them to a Rega Brio R (which is what I currently own) and I was excitedly surprised that they produce an incredible sound, they will serve me well until I am able to upgrade the amp eventually, but it was very good what I heard, very, very satisfying. Yes, at about 11 o'clock volume the Brio feels a bit short, but in my living area this is deafening, so I don't think that I will have any issues with my Brio R and this match.

I auditioned them with a few Sade songs and I was so impressed with the detailed presentation and the delicacy of  the instruments. It gave me tingles in my spine and a massive smile. Now this is a way to make a grown up man cry. Totally superb speakers is all I have to say!!!!!!

Thank you everyone for sharing your knowledge and guiding me through this search.

Bloody awesome!

2022202972_PMCtwenty522pic04.thumb.jpg.d04b10f913f759c0ccb1ab0949d84b8d.jpg847702904_PMCtwenty522pic01.thumb.jpg.5cfc841ad10b17f3df29bb2d92ab77a7.jpg

Congrats andpi. They look ausome.

Bet you pay them off quicker than you thought. There is little  patience in audiofile land?

I get my PMCs Monday and l can't wait.  I ordered mine in April. But l wanted to sell my existing speakers first to make room. Didnt sell...couldn't wait, as l had a new amp and tt in the mix.

So early next week. I should be listening to musical bliss. And most importantly, l will be a fully paid up and honoury member of the PMC club.

Apologies for blathering on. I'm like a kid in toyshop.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, betty boop said:

Was seriously considering this amp. I could have driven to Perth for a listen. But timing was out and couldn't get there. 

Plugged for the Plinius instead. But still wonder what the the MF brings to the table in way of comparison. The joys of blind (or is that hearing) l guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andpi said:

Hi Blakey72, I was wondering, have you checked the state of the crossovers yet? I just mention it because they are electrical components with capacitors etc

Hi mate. No I didn't check the crossover/s however I checked the actual mid/woofers themselves both with a multimeter and a battery and right functions and has no break in the voice coil wire while the left has a break between + and - and had no reaction to the battery test.

I'm hoping the crossovers are ok otherwise I may as well throw them and look for another speaker.

3 hours ago, needlerunner said:

Congrats andpi. They look ausome.

Bet you pay them off quicker than you thought. There is little  patience in audiofile land?

I get my PMCs Monday and l can't wait.  I ordered mine in April. But l wanted to sell my existing speakers first to make room. Didnt sell...couldn't wait, as l had a new amp and tt in the mix.

So early next week. I should be listening to musical bliss. And most importantly, l will be a fully paid up and honoury member of the PMC club.

Apologies for blathering on. I'm like a kid in toyshop.

Hey needlerunner, thanks. I feel the same. I am too excited!

Make sure that you post photos here of your PMCs. Enjoy, enjoy!

Well done! they should sound devine. With mine I was truly amazed at the sound. I have always been like in love, since the first time I heard them.

It felt to me like I was sitting among the band playing. AMAZING!:D

2 hours ago, blakey72 said:

Hi mate. No I didn't check the crossover/s however I checked the actual mid/woofers themselves both with a multimeter and a battery and right functions and has no break in the voice coil wire while the left has a break between + and - and had no reaction to the battery test.

I'm hoping the crossovers are ok otherwise I may as well throw them and look for another speaker.

Hi, what about the PMC 20 year warranty, does this apply? pretty weird that they just blew like that. Very suspicious. What does the distributor say? cheers

1 hour ago, Andpi said:

Hi, what about the PMC 20 year warranty, does this apply? pretty weird that they just blew like that. Very suspicious. What does the distributor say? cheers

20 years? I think I'm going to have to look in the box at the paperwork. I've emailed PMC in England but no reply. 

5 minutes ago, needlerunner said:

Arrived late today. Early.
A thing of beauty.
Going to let it warm up for a couple of days before use. 20190712_184717.jpeg

Oh man! That is a big mad beautiful beast! Keep us updated. 

I normally take the speakers out of the boxes with the packaging intact, and put them upside down on their heads.

Then I remove the bottom foam and push the outside sleeve down to reveal the bottom only.

Then I put the spikes into the plinths and put them where I'd like the speakers to go and adjust the spikes with a level until I'm satisfied and mark the position.

Then I attach the plinths to the bottoms.

Then I flip the speaker onto the marked areas.

Then I remove the top foam and take the sleeves off.

Then I remove the covers and test.

Hope that helps.

I normally take the speakers out of the boxes with the packaging intact, and put them upside down on their heads.
Then I remove the bottom foam and push the outside sleeve down to reveal the bottom only.
Then I put the spikes into the plinths and put them where I'd like the speakers to go and adjust the spikes with a level until I'm satisfied and mark the position.
Then I attach the plinths to the bottoms.
Then I flip the speaker onto the marked areas.
Then I remove the top foam and take the sleeves off.
Then I remove the covers and test.
Hope that helps.
Would have audio_file, but job done.
Wish l had of thought to spike the plinths first, level, and then attach. Yep, would have been easier. Cheers mate.

First listen.
Wow, pretty impressive straight out of the box. But then so is the tt and amp.
Got the speakers in pretty much in the same place as the old speakers. Might have jagged the sweet spot straight away.
Amazing how something this small sound this good. Wow just hit some bass on the CD I'm listening too. Bloody hell. Can't believe IT all going to sound better.

Listening to no-man's Schoolyard Ghosts.
Next up, listen to a record. Porcupine Tree's Deadwing. Giddy with excitement. Might just lock myself in this room all day tomorrow. Bugger the gym.

Check out the Plinius remote. Solid aluminium. Doubles as a lethal weapon.
Look at the size.

Well that's it folks. Job done. Started in April. Took awhile.

Thank you friends for all your advice and patients.

1563175490237.jpeg1563175526651.jpeg1563175562534.jpeg

• Like 3

Oh new toys! Enjoy! Enjoy! I can't wait to get my Twenty5.22 in a few months.... Let us know how it all starts to sound after some running.

Oh don't forget to come out of the room for some food.?

• Like 1